U.S. detentions draw British criticism

what we should just let everyone in the world kill us? Everyone wants to kill us, and i'm sure everyone they caught was completely guilty of everything that's ever happened anywhere- so i'm ok with it. Plus Brits suck, dont' you remember? they once taxed us without representation!:cmad:

Normally I stay out of threads like this but remember this...

We are a SUPERPOWER....I mean does "OUR" government really have to listen to a bunch of whiney countries that don't follow "OUR" path to freedom and justice for all.

Think about how many people from other countries break their necks to get here and make a living off Americans. And yet when we flex our muscles they ***** and moan about it.

maxwell's demon said:
what we should just let everyone in the world kill us? Everyone wants to kill us, and i'm sure everyone they caught was completely guilty of everything that's ever happened anywhere- so i'm ok with it. Plus Brits suck, dont' you remember? they once taxed us without representation!:cmad:

I just threw my Brisk Ice Tea into the lake.

Take that a'holes.

BlackHardKnight said:

We are a SUPERPOWER....I mean does "OUR" government really have to listen to a bunch of whiney countries that don't follow "OUR" path to freedom and justice for all.

Think about how many people from other countries break their necks to get here and make a living off Americans. And yet when we flex our muscles they ***** and moan about it.

yeah, the impudence. thank god we've got Guatanamo to send them too.
In a few years we'll probably need to relocate to, a bigger island though.

maxwell's demon said:
yeah, the impudence. thank god we've got Guatanamo to send them too.
In a few years we'll probably need to relocate to, a bigger island though.

We could get Tony Starks to pony up some cash and build an island or Lex Luthor....

BlackHardKnight said:

LOL

the Roflcopter has been launched.

raybia said:
This is like something out of Nazi Germany.

Heh, I didn't realize that the Nazi prisoners in concentration camps were fed well, clothed and allowed to freely practice their own religion, even in the presence of their captors.

Someone might want to let every historian know that, though, so we can get all of these blatantly incorrect history books rewritten as soon as all of the WWII veterans have completely died off. I mean, we wouldn't want anyone around who lived through that era telling us it went down differently or anything.

Just a thought.

Armsman said:
Heh, I didn't realize that the Nazi prisoners in concentration camps were fed well, clothed and allowed to freely practice their own religion, even in the presence of their captors.

Someone might want to let every historian know that, though, so we can get it all rewritten before all of the WWII veterans have died off.

Just a thought.

yeah...!:cmad:

AMERICANS: HEY, WE'RE NOT AS BAD AS THE NAZI'S, SO SHUT UP!

:up::up::up:

Those detention centers are un-American.

America has to fight terrorism with one-hand tied behind our back. Why? Because we're the United States and we don't torture people. We don't send people away for a long time without a trail. And we have higher values than our enemies. That's what America stands for. Dignity and justice. Take that away and we become too much like our enemies. Complete hypocrites who stand for nothing once all the smoke and mirrors are gone.

Armsman said:

Someone might want to let every historian know that, though, so we can get all of these blatantly incorrect history books rewritten as soon as all of the WWII veterans have completely died off. I mean, we wouldn't want anyone around who lived through that era telling us it went down differently or anything.

Just a thought.

"this is like somethign out of nazi germany"

read it, pause.....think. read, pause....think.
lather,rinse, repeat.

maxwell's demon said:
yeah...!:cmad:

AMERICANS: HEY, WE'RE NOT AS BAD AS THE NAZI'S, SO SHUT UP!

:up::up::up:

If Gitmo can be compared to a Nazi concentration camp, then one *could* conceivably compare any penal facility to a Nazi concentration camp.

That is, if we're talking about how they're treated. But I'd actually be willing to bet you're treated WORSE in a regular state or federal prison than they are in Gitmo. For instance, I doubt there's a good ole' boy "Bubba Mohammad" visiting each cell at night to love on the prisoners in Gitmo, and they probably don't have to worry about being shivved.

So what exactly is the problem - that they're not afforded justice through the AMERICAN justice system? They aren't American citizens and they didn't commit their crimes inside America? I mean, what's the alternative here? Seriously, I wanna know.

Armsman said:
If Gitmo can be compared to a Nazi concentration camp, then one *could* conceivably compare any penal facility to a Nazi concentration camp.

That is, if we're talking about how they're treated. But I'd actually be willing to bet you're treated WORSE in a regular state or federal prison than they are in Gitmo. For instance, I doubt there's a good ole' boy "Bubba Mohammad" visiting each cell at night to love on the prisoners in Gitmo, and they probably don't have to worry about being shivved.

So what exactly is the problem - that they're not afforded justice through the AMERICAN justice system? They aren't American citizens and they didn't commit their crimes inside America? I mean, what's the alternative here? Seriously, I wanna know.

dude, i'm totally on your side. didn't you read my post?

Maybe we should make demands and when they aren’t met, cut the prisoners heads off on video and be done with it. Or better yet, drag their dead bodies through the streets and set them on fire :whatever:

Cracker Jack said:
Maybe we should make demands and when they aren’t met, cut the prisoners heads off on video and be done with it. Or better yet, drag their dead bodies through the streets and set them on fire :whatever:

or attack their country and kill 3,000 of their civillians.
well, it's like 48,000 by now...but....well......uh.............

:csad:

Bush has said that he wants to close Getmo as is reported in the artical. I disagree with Bush on that, but I understand his point, and it is his decision to make.

The thing the Brits are complaining about is the length of detainment without trial. This is the same thing that we have been waiting for Congress to deal with after the (imo erroneous) Supreme Court decision a few months back.

I believe that Congress finished the bill regarding trials for the detainees at Gitmo last month. So this is being addressed.

The conditions at Gitmo are primo as far as prison facilities go. The detainees are fed better, have better health care, etc than they did before they came. They are treated with respect and allowed to follow their religious practices. The USA is a shinning example in that aspect. Its a shame that so many people worldwide want to misrepresent the conditions at Gitmo.

Truthteller said:
The conditions at Gitmo are primo as far as prison facilities go. The detainees are fed better, have better health care, etc than they did before they came. They are treated with respect and allowed to follow their religious practices. The USA is a shinning example in that aspect. Its a shame that so many people worldwide want to misrepresent the conditions at Gitmo.

it's up to people like you, who have been there, and have stayed with the prisonners to set us all straight.

Truthteller said:
Bush has said that he wants to close Getmo as is reported in the artical. I disagree with Bush on that, but I understand his point, and it is his decision to make.

The thing the Brits are complaining about is the length of detainment without trial. This is the same thing that we have been waiting for Congress to deal with after the (imo erroneous) Supreme Court decision a few months back.

I believe that Congress finished the bill regarding trials for the detainees at Gitmo last month. So this is being addressed.

So this is just BS?

http://www.earthtimes.org/articles/show/9226.html

I wish my name was Lord Chancellor Lord Falconer. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"