Ultimate Fantastic Four Discussion

I'm hoping Millar will return to UFF.
(Provided he'll GET OFF of FF Proper.)

Not a fan.

Well I'm still pissed they discontinued "Marvel Knights"......so I'm not reading UFF.......in protest. I'm sure they've felt my pain....lol

Latest story has been all about Thanos and the Cosmic Cube. It's big continuity stuff for the Ultimate Universe. Story has been ok. Art has been ok.

Kinda like a textbook that's sorta interesting.

:thing: :doom: :thing:

Well I'm still pissed they discontinued "Marvel Knights"......so I'm not reading UFF.......in protest. I'm sure they've felt my pain....lol

*Opinion Alert*

The Powers-That-Be at Marvel have been disgraceful custodians of the Fantastic Four characters for many years now.
A few years ago, Mark Waid and Ringo were doing a fairly swell job on the main title so of course their idiot bosses "re-assigned" them. The huge outcry over this boneheaded move led to some pretty quick (and pathetic) back-pedaling at Marvel, which of course led to the creation of the Marvel Knights "4" title in the first place (to accomodate Aguirre-Sacasa's material).
At least Aguirre-Sacasa's writing was enjoyable, which is a lot more than I can say for the achingly bad Millar-Hitch trainwreck taking place in the main FF book right now.

Dan Slott is the writer who should be writing FF. His THING series a couple years back was start-to-finish fun, and featured (for a change) a pitch-perfect Ben Grimm. For my money, Slott nailed Ben better than any writer since Stan Lee. He clearly knows his FF lore. His understanding and love for the characters shines through on every page.

Oh well. I guess this is all off-topic, since I tossed aside the "Ultimate" FF after the first 5 painful issues. I couldn't accept a Reed Richards that looks like Harry Potter. It's just wrong. :csad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"