Ultimate Hulk

Neither are true. 616 Hulk(savage, the green one) starts at 100tons. And goes up from there. I don't recall any time in Ultimates anyone defining what Hulk strength is. Not that it matters much, that's the Grey Hulk. He was always weaker than Savage.

I loved Millar's take on The Hulk.Everything from the dialouge he gave him(which was a big step up from Hulk Smash) to the brutal beatings and savage cannibalism.Millar has given the Hulk new life in the Ultimate universe and I look forward to seeing him again.

Actually,in Ultimates Vol.2,the Hulk was sentenced to death and left to die beside an H-Bomb(issue #3,pick it up,it's a classic Hulk issue.)The fate of the Hulk is evident at the end as
Hank Pym receives a phone call from Banner who thanks him and hangs up the phone.Some fans believe Pym didn't give him enough on purpose,some believe Pym accidently didn't give him enough.We'll know soon enough

If you have seen the cover of Ultimates #10,then you probably know things are going to get crazy.And with Hawkeye,Thor,and Cap currently down,I wouldn't count the Green Goliath out that soon.

How would Ult Abomination work? They better not make a super soldier test subject.

Ultimate Hulk is a big grey(or green...damn you Marvel:mad:)...horny bastard...and I love reading him:D...

Goldenage Batman said:
Ultimate Hulk is a big grey(or green...damn you Marvel:mad:)...horny bastard...and I love reading him:D...

That's the spirit.

We have Millar to thank for that.His god given talent of injecting badassness into characters.

jaydawg said:
I think they explained it as an early batch or something. A Ultimate Hulk series was actually planned when the Hulk film came out, but since it wasnt a huge success, the series was scrapped.
They should've just done it 'cause he's the Hulk and has fans besides the movie.:mad:

hulkwannabe said:
Ultimate marvel is just a pale immitation of the real, classic marvel. I don't even bother with it.

I heartily disagree. Ultimate Marvel far surpasses the 616 Universe. Every reiteration of the staple characters is an improvement. Thor is actually interesting for once, Captain America is a soldier that is ripped from his era, his America and placed in one he hardly recognizes, Tony Stark is grounded in reality yet the most eccentric of the bunch, X-men is actually readable and Spider-man is back to where he belongs, a teenager struggling with teenage issues, not some tired thirty-something-or-Other (ewww....) web slinger.

Killgore said:
I heartily disagree. Ultimate Marvel far surpasses the 616 Universe. Every reiteration of the staple characters is an improvement. Thor is actually interesting for once, Captain America is a soldier that is ripped from his era, his America and placed in one he hardly recognizes, Tony Stark is grounded in reality yet the most eccentric of the bunch, X-men is actually readable and Spider-man is back to where he belongs, a teenager struggling with teenage issues, not some tired thirty-something-or-Other (ewww....) web slinger.

Well said.

Goldenage Batman said:
I love the Ultimates....because of #5....

I actually bought another copy of that when I saw it in my shop.Just because I love that issue so much.

Killgore said:
I agree for the most part, but you have to remember that the 616 universe is also making vast improvements on their characters. I wouldn't say that the Ultimate universe is flat out better, just different.

Killgore said:

The Ultimate universe is just 616 high on crack. Hulk is reduce to a sick pervert, with no shred of morality. Thor is a less than noble sort of, mabey god. Captain America, vent his anger on Banner just because the Hulk beat the snot out of him and made him feel insecure. Iron man looks like an anime Gundam. The X-men and Spiderman look like they got they're inspiration from the movies. The Ultimate universe is like a soap opera.

I have no room for these kindergarden wannabe heros. I'd rather stick with some tired old, wise web slinger, than some Highschool kid. Maybe when your thirtysome you can look at yourself and say ewww, but when I'm in my thirties I don't anticipate being an old fart yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"