Ultimate Hulk

Discussion in 'Marvel Comics' started by PunisherFC, Aug 26, 2005.

1. Ions Registered

Neither are true. 616 Hulk(savage, the green one) starts at 100tons. And goes up from there. I don't recall any time in Ultimates anyone defining what Hulk strength is. Not that it matters much, that's the Grey Hulk. He was always weaker than Savage.

2. GNR Registered

I loved Millar's take on The Hulk.Everything from the dialouge he gave him(which was a big step up from Hulk Smash) to the brutal beatings and savage cannibalism.Millar has given the Hulk new life in the Ultimate universe and I look forward to seeing him again.

Actually,in Ultimates Vol.2,the Hulk was sentenced to death and left to die beside an H-Bomb(issue #3,pick it up,it's a classic Hulk issue.)The fate of the Hulk is evident at the end as
    Hank Pym receives a phone call from Banner who thanks him and hangs up the phone.Some fans believe Pym didn't give him enough on purpose,some believe Pym accidently didn't give him enough.We'll know soon enough

If you have seen the cover of Ultimates #10,then you probably know things are going to get crazy.And with Hawkeye,Thor,and Cap currently down,I wouldn't count the Green Goliath out that soon.

3. Caliber Registered

How would Ult Abomination work? They better not make a super soldier test subject.

4. XwolverineX Registered

I doubt it's only 10 tons,that's weak.

5. Goldenage Batman More Hated then Feared

In Secert Wars(?)...The Hulk lifted a friggin Mountian...

6. GNR Registered

CMon!No love for Ult Hulk??!!

7. Goldenage Batman More Hated then Feared

Ultimate Hulk is a big grey(or green...damn you Marvel:mad:)...horny bastard...and I love reading him:D...

8. GNR Registered

That's the spirit.

We have Millar to thank for that.His god given talent of injecting badassness into characters.

9. Goldenage Batman More Hated then Feared

I love the Ultimates....because of #5....

10. Morgoth Registered

They should've just done it 'cause he's the Hulk and has fans besides the movie.:mad:

11. Killgore Registered

I heartily disagree. Ultimate Marvel far surpasses the 616 Universe. Every reiteration of the staple characters is an improvement. Thor is actually interesting for once, Captain America is a soldier that is ripped from his era, his America and placed in one he hardly recognizes, Tony Stark is grounded in reality yet the most eccentric of the bunch, X-men is actually readable and Spider-man is back to where he belongs, a teenager struggling with teenage issues, not some tired thirty-something-or-Other (ewww....) web slinger.

12. GNR Registered

Well said.

13. GNR Registered

I actually bought another copy of that when I saw it in my shop.Just because I love that issue so much.

14. Mr. Green Where the Wild Hulks Are

I agree for the most part, but you have to remember that the 616 universe is also making vast improvements on their characters. I wouldn't say that the Ultimate universe is flat out better, just different.

15. XwolverineX Registered

Ultimate Hulk is the ****. he ripped wolverine in half!!!

16. thor god Registered

he did **** did he kill wolverine?

17. GNR Registered

18. hulkwannabe Registered

The Ultimate universe is just 616 high on crack. Hulk is reduce to a sick pervert, with no shred of morality. Thor is a less than noble sort of, mabey god. Captain America, vent his anger on Banner just because the Hulk beat the snot out of him and made him feel insecure. Iron man looks like an anime Gundam. The X-men and Spiderman look like they got they're inspiration from the movies. The Ultimate universe is like a soap opera.

I have no room for these kindergarden wannabe heros. I'd rather stick with some tired old, wise web slinger, than some Highschool kid. Maybe when your thirtysome you can look at yourself and say ewww, but when I'm in my thirties I don't anticipate being an old fart yet.

19. hulkwannabe Registered

Ultimate is to 616 as smaville is to DC comics.