World Ultimate Spider-Man animated series discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
In a way this show really embodies my problem with a massive shared universe. It really takes away from the character.

Now don't get me wrong, I can see the advantages to several characters sharing a universe. That can be interesting, and make for some cool crossovers.

But in this show particular, Spider-man is essentially drowning in a flood of Marvel characters and non-Spider-man references. His individuality has gone to hell. They even have him on a Young Justice-style team. All they need now is team uniforms.

Just watched the Iron spidey episode. I hate Peter in this one, he's too arrogant! That, combined with Drake bell's voice brings annoying to a whole new level. On the bright side, the Iron Spidey suit is soo cool! So I guess this episode isn't about the comedy, but the battle scene (for me anyway)

Just watched the Venom episode out of curiosity for his new origin. The fight scenes were improved which I liked, but everything else remained the same: uninspired and crappy. Then I watched the Iron Spider episode and I had to turn it off halfway through. This episode is absolute ****. They not only ruin Peter as a character but they destroy Spider-Man's originality as a character for NOT INCLUDING A SINGLE SPIDER-MAN CHARACTER!!! What the hell?! The only character in this episode was...Spider-Man!

This show is not worth my time or my energy. I am officially done with this. The guys behind the show obviously have no idea what they are doing. They're making a generic cartoon and including Spider-man because they had to. It's completely unacceptable.

Just watched the Venom episode out of curiosity for his new origin. The fight scenes were improved which I liked, but everything else remained the same: uninspired and crappy. Then I watched the Iron Spider episode and I had to turn it off halfway through. This episode is absolute ****. They not only ruin Peter as a character but they destroy Spider-Man's originality as a character for NOT INCLUDING A SINGLE SPIDER-MAN CHARACTER!!! What the hell?! The only character in this episode was...Spider-Man!

This show is not worth my time or my energy. I am officially done with this. The guys behind the show obviously have no idea what they are doing. They're making a generic cartoon and including Spider-man because they had to. It's completely unacceptable.
Although I agree with you, I don't feel that strongly against the show. You're right that we haven't seen much of Spider-Man-related characters. The only Spider-Man villain that we have seen so far is Venom. The rest are from someone else's rogue gallery.

Peter seems very immature, but he did come around in the end.

I hate that he's still this immature, after Ben's death. If his uncle's death doesn't straighten him up, then what will?

I hate that he's still this immature, after Ben's death. If his uncle's death doesn't straighten him up, then what will?
I mentioned this before. lol One would think that after Uncle Ben's death and his great advice of "With great power comes great responsibility," Peter/Spider-Man would act more mature and responsible. But nope, he acts kiddish. We can only hope that he'll develop throughout the season.

White Tiger's voice actress is fairly attractive...at least in the interview I just saw lol

Just wanted to put my two-cents in and say I'm really digging this show.

I get that fans are pissed at it and I think it's understandable but really I couldn't have taken yet another animated series retreading the same ground. Spectacular was so perfect that another series like that wouldn't possibly contend.

So yeah, I personally really like it. It's fresh, funny and interesting.

So yeah, I personally really like it. It's fresh, funny and interesting.

I respect your opinion, but this show is anything but funny. (Unless you count how sad it is.) I personally have not even smiled at this show. I will admit that I might be a little biased considering my hate, but I still have a sense of humor and this show doesn't.

like i said, some of u all might sing a different tune once the wolverine episode airs.

also funny thing is..the crowd was bored when they showed an episode of Avengers EMH..but they were super excited and energetic with USM

His death

LOL

you know what sux guy?

Joe Quesada told me that they are happy with this show's reception and that they will not change the tone in upcoming seasons because they feel they are "on the right path".

So all of you hoping for a mature peter and more dramatic episodes you can forget it. Paul dini said that they "might" consider a tone change with the upcoming season depending on the reception, and if Quesada, Mavel's chief, said they are keeping the same tone then they will keep the same tone.

This is the reason folks i kept saying that if you are unhappy abt this crappy show let the creators know. *****ing in these forums will achieve nothing.

Haha, they really don't give a Damn about consistency.

Remember how the lame excuse for not allowing the Iron Spider armor was lack of control (despite his fine control for the final battle), and the "you don't even have a drivers license kid"....cue spidey in todays episode driving the motorcycle..without a license....and in total control....when he previously couldn't control it, so he is capable of learning.
This show stiinnkkksss

I respect your opinion, but this show is anything but funny. (Unless you count how sad it is.) I personally have not even smiled at this show. I will admit that I might be a little biased considering my hate, but I still have a sense of humor and this show doesn't.

I think a lot of the humor falls flat, that's true, but there have been some moments have have really made me laugh, like Spider-man dream of taking Fury and Doom out to dinner, or Iron Fist kicking tiny-Doom into a wall.

I just really enjoy seeing Spider-man, a character so well-versed in the animated world, given something different, especially when it brings in awesome characters that don't usually get animated screen time. I can get that it seems annoying to many people, though.

Taskmaster visually looked pretty damn good...

and MY GOD, Peter ACTUALLY used his brains for ONCE to defeat Taskmaster?!?...

other than those two points, the show still sucks...

on the fast track going nowhere... STILL...

and MY GOD, Peter ACTUALLY used his brains for ONCE to defeat Taskmaster?!?...
To be fair, he used his brain to defeat enemies in past episodes near the end, after causing plenty of wreckage

To be fair, he used his brain to defeat enemies in past episodes near the end, after causing plenty of wreckage

his constant acts of stupidity and arrogance and recklessness overshadows and overwhelms his track record of defeating villains by using his brain...

what little there is of it in THIS show...

Clancy Brown as Taskmaster for the win!

This show is just getting worse with each episode.
I didn't watch episode 6, but from 3-5 it does get worse

Clancy Brown as Taskmaster for the win!
I always wished they used this design
taskmaster-sit.jpg
And try to get Kevin Conroy to voice him, every time I look at this design I uncontrollably hear Conroy voicing him :awesome:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"