World Ultimate Spider-Man animated series discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not a definite if any of those characters will be in the episode, but I meant the clip shows that the main focus of the episode has nothing to do with any other Spider-Man characters.

And that wasn't Electro, that was the Living Taser...WHOSE BASICALLY JUST ELECTRO! (Why the hell didn't they just use him?)
Living Laser is green, energy projected in that clip is yellow
The point of not using Electro then I guess is to have the use of Iron Man more natural
That's Zzsax, actually, a Hulk villain.
And with that Energy Man and Hulk as a guest star make sense, I'm sorry I missed him

It almost feels like this show's purpose is to advertise The Avengers...

It really does feel that way. It's like they're desperately trying to force this new Marvel Animated Universe on us and saying "Forget Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes. We messed up. THIS is what we wanted to give you! Like it!".

I'm losing interest. I don't see this show getting a second season. Spidey's practically a supporting character and nothing has truly wowed me. It hasn't improved on Spectacular on any level except maybe art.

I'm losing interest. I don't see this show getting a second season. Spidey's practically a supporting character and nothing has truly wowed me. It hasn't improved on Spectacular on any level except maybe art.

They already got a new story boarder for season 2...like 2 months ago.

I would disagree. SSM's style gets a lot of hate for being stylized, but at least it had personality and a distinct look. The art in this show is more "correct" in terms of proportions, but it looks incredibly bland and boring.

I would disagree. SSM's style gets a lot of hate for being stylized, but at least it had personality and a distinct look. The art in this show is more "correct" in terms of proportions, but it looks incredibly bland and boring.

It's more generic, you're right. I dunno if I like it more or less than Spectacular. All I know is that this show could be ANY cartoon, so in terms of style; it has none.

I will agree
It's a major step down
I love the style of TSSM, but I don't see the blandness of USM art style

They should cancel this *****ty show

worst spider-man adaptation in the last 20 years pfffft

Do you guys really think the showrunners don't know that we hate this series and want it gone off the air?

Maybe we should e-mail Disney Xd or marvel or someone

They should cancel this *****ty show

worst spider-man adaptation in the last 20 years pfffft

Do you guys really think the showrunners don't know that we hate this series and want it gone off the air?

Maybe we should e-mail Disney Xd or marvel or someone

Calm down, please. There are shows far worse on the air than USM. USM is simple mediocrity but the animation is quite good, even if I am not the biggest fan of the character designs themselves.

Anyway, I expect the showrunners to hunker down and block out the criticism than make changes based on it. If USM fails they aren't going to admit it ever did. It is MAS' first production. Admitting its failing, if it is failing, will cost a lot of people their jobs.

One thing that does bug me is that people (not just the creators) are saying that the USM writers are writing for "kids" and "children". They are not. They are writing solely for 6-11 year old boys. Girls aren't even an afterthought, they aren't even being considered. There is a noticeable lack of female characters in the show, with White Tiger being the token girl on an otherwise all-boys team, Mary Jane and Aunt May being minimized in different ways, and Thundara had the least amount of dialogue and screentime of the Frightful Four, even if you count Trapster. If girls were being considered the writers would have more female characters and perhaps have a romantic subplot developing, instead of the slap in the face they gave PeterxMJ shippers in the episode one.

The only improvement that they made in this series is the art. The story itself is too focusing about the mission from S.H.I.E.L.D nd some of them hd Spidey only as a support character.

The big difference from TSSM series is that USM doesn't really focus on Peter's life/school problem. I remember TSSM showed us when Peter struggled to get valentine present for Liz, and also looking for a prom date. Even if actions/battle scenes are the one that kids are looking for, it would make the plot better if they somehow show us what our 'teenage superhero' have to deal with that kind of power (being teenager itself brings a lot of problems, not to mention saving the city while you're at it)

so much deserved hate for the show. And guess what we are not the only one, check Jeph Loeb's facebook page and it is now filled with people complaining about the show and asking for its cancellation:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Jeph-Loeb/15997044249

If the show runners ignore all these complaints then they deserved to get fired.

Calm down, please. There are shows far worse on the air than USM. USM is simple mediocrity but the animation is quite good, even if I am not the biggest fan of the character designs themselves.

Anyway, I expect the showrunners to hunker down and block out the criticism than make changes based on it. If USM fails they aren't going to admit it ever did. It is MAS' first production. Admitting its failing, if it is failing, will cost a lot of people their jobs.

One thing that does bug me is that people (not just the creators) are saying that the USM writers are writing for "kids" and "children". They are not. They are writing solely for 6-11 year old boys. Girls aren't even an afterthought, they aren't even being considered. There is a noticeable lack of female characters in the show, with White Tiger being the token girl on an otherwise all-boys team, Mary Jane and Aunt May being minimized in different ways, and Thundara had the least amount of dialogue and screentime of the Frightful Four, even if you count Trapster. If girls were being considered the writers would have more female characters and perhaps have a romantic subplot developing, instead of the slap in the face they gave PeterxMJ shippers in the episode one.

I think I remember Aunt May in one episode and Mary Jane in two. These characters are so important to Peter's life, yet they barely make much of an appearance or have any impact on the storyline of the week.

The only improvement that they made in this series is the art. The story itself is too focusing about the mission from S.H.I.E.L.D nd some of them hd Spidey only as a support character.

The big difference from TSSM series is that USM doesn't really focus on Peter's life/school problem. I remember TSSM showed us when Peter struggled to get valentine present for Liz, and also looking for a prom date. Even if actions/battle scenes are the one that kids are looking for, it would make the plot better if they somehow show us what our 'teenage superhero' have to deal with that kind of power (being teenager itself brings a lot of problems, not to mention saving the city while you're at it)

That's the problem with this show, we don't really see Peter struggle with teenage problems. Peter's biggest problem so far was, trying to control a bike.

Just saw the first episode and hate all the cutaways. It gets really annoying as they seemed to do it every minute. It really takes away from the action. Animation and voice acting is great but they need to go light on the 4th wall stuff

Saw the episode the other day.
I really enjoyed it.
Less cutaways, or less extreme.
Liked the fact that White Tiger & Spidey worked together.
And it was also a smart way to defeat Taskmaster too.
Only part I didn't like were the heroes pretty much revealing their identities in front of Taskmaster. Loved his design & Clancy Brown's voice acting.
8/10 episode

I don't like a lot of stuff from this show... First, Spider-Man in a team isn't Spider-Man anymore (and in this one, he's ALWAYS in team). Second, man, too much humour ! If you cut out the disgression and keep only the story, an episode must be 2 or 3 minutes long. Their is joke everywhere, everytime. Ok, Spidey is funny, but not like that (and all that pause/greyscale background/speak/return to scene thing annoy me a lot).

Bottomline :
- No more team and Shield (that's a really bad idea).
- No more bike and tech (seriously ?!)
- No more cut/explain thing
- Make joke, but not that much, their is almost more joke that actual line of dialogue

In fact, just get rid of this serie and bring back Spectacular :D (of, I'm dreaming, but seriously, Ultimate is really bad... USM comics is almost great compare to this).

Check out how much hate the show is getting:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Jeph-Loeb/15997044249

So many spiderman fans are writing to jeph loeb telling him how much they hate the show. Too bad he probably wont answer them.

I will be really surprised if this show is getting "stellar" ratings,a nd even if it is i really dont think they will stay "stellar" for a long time.

I think I remember Aunt May in one episode and Mary Jane in two. These characters are so important to Peter's life, yet they barely make much of an appearance or have any impact on the storyline of the week.

That's the problem with this show, we don't really see Peter struggle with teenage problems. Peter's biggest problem so far was, trying to control a bike.

I agree with you, though it looks like MJ finally might play a decent-sized role in tomorrow's episode, though notably we're barely going to see her face because she's the Cloverfield-esque cameraperson.

The only teenage problem Peter's really had is Flash's antiquated bullying strategies. The show has also been really inconsistent with what Peter should be doing and how competent he is with things like . . . the Spider-Cycle.

I'm actually considering writing a fanfic do-over of USM, using the same concept, and even following the TV-Y7FV standards, just to show that this program could've been done so much better. Does anyone want that?

In fact, just get rid of this serie and bring back Spectacular :D (of, I'm dreaming, but seriously, Ultimate is really bad... USM comics is almost great compare to this).

Even if that were to happen, it probably wouldn't be the same. As not only would Disney/Marvel be behind it, but Weisman wouldn't be involved. Which would probably lead to a drop in quality of the series.

Crappy,we had a slow dumb hulk who helps spidey fight a monster made out of electricity.This is the worst episode of the show so far.

I miss Coulson. He was the only reason I started watching this show.

I really enjoyed this episode. I hadn't seen an episode since the first two but I really liked this one with the Hulk.

There were some really great moments between Peter/Spidey and MJ.

agreed, it was pretty fun. Nice to see spidey acting solo in this one. Felt like a marvel team up issue.

I would love to know the ratings on this thing. I truly am curious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"