The Dark Knight Rises Unintentionally Funny Moments in The Dark Knight Rises

I knew this at the theatre, but it still gets me when I see it: when Marion reveals herself as Talia, did anyone notice how...different she looks? Almost like its a completely different actress. Before, she looked sweet, and of course it is torn down when the reveal is...revealed, but even then, the reveal didn't make her seem like the same person with a different emotion, but someone new who came in. Anyone else know what I'm talking about, or even noticed that?

Yeah. Even her manner of speaking and accent changed a bit. Miranda was just an act she put on, like the playboy Bruce Wayne act. She is revealed to be a dead-eyed icy glare zombie person.

Im only about two pages deep into this thread and I can honestly say this is the most fun Ive had in years on these boards!

I dont know If anyones mentioned it yet but the perpetual butchering of the pronunciation of "Ra's al Ghul" was completely tranformed from being annoying as hell to funny as **** in one felt swoop when Tom Hardy said "Razagoo!" He was so ****in serious when he said it too!:woot: You would think SOMEBODY woulda stopped and done the right thing and told him how ridiculous he sounded completely obliterating that **** the way he did. But like all the other dumb **** people are pointing out, maybe it was by design. Who knows..........

"RAZAGOOZ PARAN!"

Also, in hindsight, I couldnt help but get a kick out of Tom Hardy's (whose performance I actually really enjoyed) absolute failure at a spanish accent. Its like he had it a couple of times, but just gave up when he realized just how stupid the mask was already making him sound. Mad love for trying tho. Javier Bardem would have had a tough go with a hermit crab strapped to his face too.

Also, in hindsight, I couldnt help but get a kick out of Tom Hardy's (whose performance I actually really enjoyed) absolute failure at a spanish accent. Its like he had it a couple of times, but just gave up when he realized just how stupid the mask was already making him sound. Mad love for trying tho. Javier Bardem would have had a tough go with a hermit crab strapped to his face too.

What about Hardy's voice makes you think he was even trying to have a Spanish accent?

I've heard the voice being described as everything from a weird German accent to a bad Sean Connery impression. The fact that you can't place it is one of its qualities that I absolutely love.

I knew this at the theatre, but it still gets me when I see it: when Marion reveals herself as Talia, did anyone notice how...different she looks? Almost like its a completely different actress. Before, she looked sweet, and of course it is torn down when the reveal is...revealed, but even then, the reveal didn't make her seem like the same person with a different emotion, but someone new who came in. Anyone else know what I'm talking about, or even noticed that?
It's called eye makeup. :hehe:

Watching it again on Bluray it's just so painfully funny watching Bane's henchman Barsad just sort of faking being shot at when he's going into the Tumbler with Tala, it's like the actor was thinking "Oops that's my cue to fall down, right?"

Bane's speech at blackgate has some funny moments actually.

Yea his tone and the way he says somethings are kinda funny. Like the line "Do as you please". It just the way he says it that is funny.

I don't know if it's supposed to be funny or not, maybe it is, but I always laugh a bit during the stock exchange scene where the dude seems like he's trying to keep from giving Bane his bike helmet back.

There's definitely some fun moments in there. The irony behind his words and his theatricality as he speaks is funny in some way. Spiteful fun.

Matthew Modine's character.

at first i thought bane's voice was a bit chuckle worthy, but on repeated viewings it's grown on me. and i like the whole contrast of this beast of a man having a rather fruity accent.

I think Batman's line to Catwoman "I doubt many people get the better of you" was funny

Also good to say to people in life.

The Foley character itself? Not really having problems with that. But Modine is just... mediocre.

Daggett? I could've done without him, in the sense that I was so glad that Bane killed him.

Last edited:
Yeah. Even her manner of speaking and accent changed a bit. Miranda was just an act she put on, like the playboy Bruce Wayne act. She is revealed to be a dead-eyed icy glare zombie person.

I liked her turning, her eyes were so suddenly so cold and the "goodbye friend" adds to the mood in some bizarre kind of way.

Her death is just funny. Strong weed, I guess. And it's Nyssa, not Talia. :o

I don't know if it's supposed to be funny or not, maybe it is, but I always laugh a bit during the stock exchange scene where the dude seems like he's trying to keep from giving Bane his bike helmet back.

And of course, Bane like a sir: "thank you" :hehe:

yes lol. the film could have just done without that character and his hammy acting, despite him being hilariously bad.

Nolan... you get masterful casting (Bale, Anne, Eckhart, Hardy, Ledger, Oldman, Caine,...) and at the same time "terrible mistakes" (Modine, Katie, Maggie,...).

:woot:

It was almost like his security blanket. :funny:

Foley's awkward death pose, it's like he fell asleep.

I truly thought the "so that's what that feels like" scene was pretty funny.

Foley's awkward death pose, it's like he fell asleep.
I was honestly contemplating making an avatar out of his death scene, starting with his stupid lines "I'm gonna take down the Batman" and just lying in the street. I think I wouldn't have as much dislike for that character if his death scene went the way it was supposed to.

If you look at when he's firing on the Tumbler a lady gets shot in her leg on his left and he looks over at her-they cut it immediately to the next shot-. I'm pretty sure that was the person he shoved out of the way (in the production shots) to safety when he got hit by the Tumbler as they drove away. Then he's 'asleep' on the ground. Would've been so much better than what they turned it into. :doh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blacktopolis24
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"