Unite Your Seven

Flash525

The Scarlet Messenger
Reaction score
There are, as far as I am aware three main illiterations that combine the founding members of the Justice League. Apologies if I am mistaken with any of the details, I'm running off memory here. In any case, the original line-up is as follows:
  • Batman
  • Superman
  • Wonder Woman
  • Flash (Barry Allen)
  • Aquaman
  • Green Lantern (Hal Jordan)
  • Martian Manhunter
Then we've got the New 52 illiteration of the Justice League;
  • Batman
  • Superman
  • Wonder Woman
  • Flash (Barry Allen)
  • Aquaman
  • Hawkgirl
Then we've got the Rebirth illiteration of the Justice League;
  • Batman
  • Superman
  • Wonder Woman
  • Flash (Barry Allen)
  • Aquaman
  • Cyborg
The differences are obviously by the way of Martian Manhunter, Hawkgirl and Cyborg, as they're the only characters changed. Have I got that right so far? Nevertheless, it's evident here that each illiteration of the Justice League founding focuses on seven distinct members, obviously with more joining the league as time progresses.

I suppose the exception to the line-up as far as the films go is that there's (currently?) only six members as we never got to see a Green Lantern with the league.

Now comes the fun; If you were going to reboot the comics (and in turn the DCEU) and were tasked with establishing your vision of the Justice League, which seven (and only seven) characters would you choose, and why? I should note that you needn't worry about changing comic lore, as this would be a fresh reboot (on comics and film) so your team would be just as valid an entry as any other, though lets try to be realistic and not throw in Spiderman, Rorschach or the (fallen) Archangel Lucifer.

I had a good long think about this. Which characters do I really genuinely care about? I admit I always say I'm DC over Marvel, but truthfully I'm a Batman/Superman fan, but I do like Green Lantern. So with that in mind, this is what I came up with:

Superman/Clark Kent - the scout
Batman/Bruce Wayne - the detective
Supergirl/Linda Danvers - the rookie
Nightwing/Dick Grayson - the acrobat
Green Lantern/Hal Jordan - the cop
Martian Manhunter/John Jones - the outsider
Oracle/Barbara Gordon - the backup

I think you've gotten a wee bit confused about the New 52, it had Cyborg as a founder not Hawkgirl.
I'd stick with the original line up, thought I might change the gender/race of Hal or Barry to make the team less white man dominated.
(Yes I know that's a very contentious subject and I apologise in advance if I've opened a pandoras box that becomes the main focus of this thread).

The Justice League's main problem is that it is not balanced. The classic iteration is almost all one thing thing, in terms of powers, in terms of demographics, in terms of origins and purviews, and it just amounts to a lot of world class punching, which makes pitching stories for them much harder than it needs to be and usually leaves them no doing what it is they are most known for for most of their team up stories, because if punching could solve the problem, there would be no story. I think the lineup they have now is one of the best lineups with about ten people, because it blends the JL cartoon with the New52, and is just really strong. Truth is, as much as it may pains silver age fans, Hal Jordan just doesn't fit a modern incarnation of the League. Make of that what you will.

If I had to cut it to seven I would make sure each had not only a unique role in the group's dynamic, but their own combat specialty and own knowledge base/corner of the universe that they were the expert on.

Superman - the spokesman, tank, superhero Subject Matter Expert (SME)
Batman - the strategist, debuff, crime/detectivery SME
Wonder Woman - the chairwoman, dps, socioemotional SME
Flash (Barry) - the rookie, rogue/scout, physics/sci-fi SME
Green Lantern (Cruz) - the troublemaker, dps caster, aliens SME
Zatanna - the artist, support caster, magic SME
Martian Manhunter (black) - the peacemaker, multi-class, psychology/psionics SME

Truth be told though, essentially every adult hero should be a reserve member of the League, and rotate some of those cats in, JLU style. Hawkgirl, Vixen, John Stewart, Green Arrow, Black Canary and other should be brought in with regularity. Hell, the 7th spot, Martian Manhunters, should probably be a rotating spot. Seeing as how we can't all agree to be comfortable with any one GL on the JL, the GL spot definitely be understood to be a rotating spot.

The differences are obviously by the way of Martian Manhunter, Hawkgirl and Cyborg, as they're the only characters changed. Have I got that right so far? Nevertheless, it's evident here that each illiteration of the Justice League founding focuses on seven distinct members, obviously with more joining the league as time progresses.
what the heck is an illiteration?
As Aurakles pointed out, Cyborg is a New 52 founder.
615AekQEIhL._SX334_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Hawkgirl shows up in Earth 2 with Jay Garrick & Alan Scott.
Rebirth looks like simply upping the GL count.
latest

I personally prefer this established line-up:
maxresdefault.jpg

My seven would be:
bluebeetle_192x291_53c587686535d6.11593795.jpg
boostergold_192x291_53c5876e0a1ea5.07132802.jpg
ThumbChar_192x192_Firestorm_alt_556e3ee413ba08.29633435.jpg
hawkgirl_192x291_53c5882f242161.66203050.jpg

ThumbChar_192x291_Mr.-Terrific_5846272d5fe7f6.41819976.jpg
ThumbChar_192x291_Vixen_55e649dce17bb7.45948877.jpg
amethyst_192x291_53c58689f27882.24784241.jpg

I think you've gotten a wee bit confused about the New 52, it had Cyborg as a founder not Hawkgirl.
My mistake. I thought Hawkgirl was a founding member at one point. Obviously got that wrong.

I'd stick with the original line up, thought I might change the gender/race of Hal or Barry to make the team less white man dominated.
(Yes I know that's a very contentious subject and I apologise in advance if I've opened a pandoras box that becomes the main focus of this thread).
You could always replace Barry Allen with Jessie Quick, or Hal Jordan with John Stewart/Jessica Cruz. Automatic balance. I would agree with you in any case that the team is generally male dominated with (seemingly) Wonder Woman being the only founding female; especially if Hawkgirl never was.

what the heck is an illiteration?
*iteration, my mistake.

Superman
Batman
Wonder Woman
Flash (Wally)
Green Lantern (would prefer for GLC to be already set up, and to start with Hal)
Aquaman
Martian Manhunter

The fact that my preferred lineup ties up with the original is just a coincidence in this case. I don't need to see the original lineup, it just so happens that my favourites put together in order happen to constitute the same members.

After those guys were introduced then I want Cyborg, Zatanna, Supergirl, Black Canary, Batgirl, Huntress and a bunch of other Lanterns (can switch with each film).

I'd go with pretty much an updated version of the original roster:
HUB_SUPER01_CVR_1500_5b3e561f3788f5.51606704.jpg

latest

latest

latest

fcd62ec18cfb285262e58b6aefad44fc--martian-manhunter-comic-book-covers.jpg

The_Flash_Vol_4_52_New_52_Textless_Variant.jpg

wwk9ef8ipxhx.jpg

Jessica puts one more woman on the team, and J'onn one more alien.

Last edited:
Female Justice League, just because I can. And I prefer to leave Bat-related characters out of it, and human-level fighters like Black Canary.

Wonder Woman
Supergirl
Zatanna
Mera
Starfire
Raven
Donna Troy

Batman
Batman
Batman
Batman
Batman
Batman
Batman

Yeah, that will do.

Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Hawkgirl, John Stewart, Martian Manhunter, and Zatanna.

I’m cheating because that’s not necessarily my ideal lineup, but instead one I would be very interested to see.

There are, as far as I am aware three main illiterations that combine the founding members of the Justice League. Apologies if I am mistaken with any of the details, I'm running off memory here. In any case, the original line-up is as follows:
  • Batman
  • Superman
  • Wonder Woman
  • Flash (Barry Allen)
  • Aquaman
  • Martian Manhunter
Then we've got the New 52 illiteration of the Justice League;
  • Batman
  • Superman
  • Wonder Woman
  • Flash (Barry Allen)
  • Aquaman
  • Hawkgirl
Then we've got the Rebirth illiteration of the Justice League;
  • Batman
  • Superman
  • Wonder Woman
  • Flash (Barry Allen)
  • Aquaman
  • Cyborg

I suppose the exception to the line-up as far as the films go is that there's (currently?) only six members as we never got to see a Green Lantern with the league.
https://videoder.pro/ https://tubemate.onl/ https://snaptube.vip/
Now comes the fun; If you were going to reboot the comics (and in turn the DCEU) and were tasked with establishing your vision of the Justice League, which seven (and only seven) characters would you choose, and why? I should note that you needn't worry about changing comic lore, as this would be a fresh reboot (on comics and film) so your team would be just as valid an entry as any other, though lets try to be realistic and not throw in Spiderman, Rorschach or the (fallen) Archangel Lucifer.
Female Justice League, just because I can. And I prefer to leave Bat-related characters out of it, and human-level fighters like Black Canary.

Last edited:
Now comes the fun; If you were going to reboot the comics (and in turn the DCEU) and were tasked with establishing your vision of the Justice League, which seven (and only seven) characters would you choose, and why? I should note that you needn't worry about changing comic lore, as this would be a fresh reboot (on comics and film) so your team would be just as valid an entry as any other, though lets try to be realistic....

Stop giving me excuses to repost this:
And hey it's as "realistic" as any here.

SuperfriendsHBTitle.gif

1. Tie Apache/Longshadow for Superman (Strength/Leader)
2. Rima the Bird-Girl for Wonder Woman (Amazon/Warrior)
3. Buster Volt Jones for Flash (Lighting Speed)
4. Eduardo /Desperado Dorado for GL (Illusion-cast made real)
5. Toshio Windragon Eto (Aquaman not a great analog)
6. Exor-Twins Zan & Jayna for J'onn J'onzz (Alien shapeshifters)
7. Gleek! for Batman (impossible prehensile-tail for utility belt)

Musical score and lyrics by Lin-Manuel Miranda

DmQF0FsVsAI7GG4.jpg

Last edited:
Superman
Batman
Wonder Woman
Wally West Flash
Jessica Cruz GL
Cyborg
Aquaman

I thought about leaving Aquaman off because, like Green Arrow I think he works best as a JL outsider, but I love his interactions with Wonder Woman given the ancient similarities between Atlantis and Themiscyra

I like Wally, Jessica and Cyborg as the young guns, who are still respected by the Trinity

DC's most prominent new Super-Team might end being:

1. Billy Batson
2. Mary (Bromfield) Batson
3. Freddy Freeman
4. Eugene Choi
5. Darla Dudley
6. Pedro Peña
7. And if all goes well in the spin-off; Teth Adam (leading them astray)

DbwfDhzW4AATM85.jpg

giphy.gif

Last edited:
I'd go with the original & first (purely as fundamentally, I'm a lover of tradition), the 1960 verses Starro line-up.

DC's most prominent new Super-Team might end being:

1. Billy Batson
2. Mary (Bromfield) Batson
3. Freddy Freeman
4. Eugene Choi
5. Darla Dudley
6. Pedro Peña
7. And if all goes well in the spin-off; Teth Adam (leading them astray)

DbwfDhzW4AATM85.jpg

giphy.gif

Then if that is the case they could be the GOTG of the DCEU

• Batman
  • Wonder Woman
  • Flash (Barry Allen)
  • Aquaman
  • Green Arrow
  • Shazam!
  • Blue Beetle

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online