United Way Is United Crap!

thorandsurfer

Civilian
Reaction score
So, at work this past week (a public school system that can now be called a mob) along with a charity organization (United Way which is also now a mob) decided to work together and get donations from all the school board employees. Nothing wrong with that......... until....

...... you know that pledge forms that were given to all employees which have their name, ID #, etc... all this personal information already on them when we get them, have to be handed back to the school board whether we donate or not. Hmmmmmmm..... so if we don't donate, the school board will then know which means what for the employee in the long run...... or perhaps even the short run... how will our supervisors now deal with us......

Just for the record, my pledge form (along with several other people's forms in this school organization) have been chucked in the garbage.

Screw the United Way and their 'intimidation' tactics to try to get financial support. They'll never get my support again.

That is a pretty crappy way of running things. I'd just mark that I donated and then never actually donate.

If pressured I'll just tell them that a "pledge" isn't legally binding.

I wonder how much money the United Way pulls in? They used to harrass the employees at my last job to donate via payroll deduction. Anyone who declined was guilt tripped to hell and back. Their tactics are so wrong, they have no shame.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"