Untitled Woody Allen Film (Eisenberg, Stewart)

kvz5

HBIC
Staff member
Reaction score
http://deadline.com/2015/03/jesse-eisenberg-bruce-willis-kristen-stewart-woody-allen-1201388945/

EXCLUSIVE: Woody Allen has begun casting his 2015 feature film, and he has set Jesse Eisenberg, Bruce Willis and Kristen Stewart to lead the ensemble, I’m told. No comment from the Allen camp. As usual, the film is untitled and there are no plot details, and it’s being produced by Letty Arsonson, Stephen Tenenbaum and Edward Walson, his usual collaborators. Allen might be the one director who, when he courts talent, doesn’t really show them a script. Everybody wants to work with him and they consider themselves lucky to be asked and if they’re available, they say yes almost always.

I am going to start this out with pointing out that Kristen Stewart is quite underrated. Good for her. :yay:

She's building up a very nice resume. Her winning a César Award is also a huge acting accomplishment.

Bruce Willis! Does that man need the money or what?:funny:

He's been phoning in performances for a while now.

She's building up a very nice resume. Her winning a César Award is also a huge acting accomplishment.
Yep, she has quietly built a very nice resume outside of Twilight. Quite impressive considering her age. And she definitely deserved her César. She was very good in, "Clouds of Sils Maria".

It is a Woody Allen film. You usually do those because you want to make an actual effort. :yay:

Bruce usually only been phoning in on cash money flicks, but his smaller work is great. No one works on a Woody Allen film for the money. :oldrazz:

The man is great with quality directors.

Looper
Moonrise Kingdom

He was fantastic in Moonrise Kingdom and very good in Looper.

Actually you guy's are right maybe was a tad harsh because in Looper he was good.

Actually you guy's are right maybe was a tad harsh because in Looper he was good.

Willis falls into 'is good when he WANTS to be good'. He's more engaged with smaller movies, but with tentpoles, he looks so bored.

Hope for more known actors than just those.

I wonder if Woody Allen directing means Willis wont be sleepwalking through the whole film.

Regardless of whether you like her or not, Stewart's post-Twilight choices are quite impressive. Kudos to her. :up:

Regardless of whether you like her or not, Stewart's post-Twilight choices are quite impressive. Kudos to her. :up:

Yes!

I thought I was one of the few on the Hype or anywhere else who thought like this. She's basically reinvented herself as an Indie actor post Twilight.Certainly done more than the vampire guy. She still get's a bad rep for the Twilight movies though. Seems like folk's can't move past that version of the actress.

She also got screwed out of a Snow White sequel which they're spinning off for the Huntsman.

Yes!

Certainly done more than the vampire guy.

You're talking about Robert Pattinson, yes?

I'd say hedid a far better job rebounding from Twilight.Everyone seems to "forgive" him since he did "The Rover". The werewolve guys is the one with the flat acting career.

I didn't really like Irrational Man, but Woody Allen is in my top 5 filmmakers list so count me in. The cast is really intriguing too. Wonder what kinda plot he's going with this time?

Well there goes my interest.

People are speculating that he was fired since he was already on set in costume and everything.

Woody Allen shuffles cast mid shoot sometimes. Could have been that. He dropped Michael Keaton from Purple Rose of Cairo because he just wasn't working, and replaced him with Jeff Daniels. The article does state that it was a scheduling thing, but I can't imagine they wouldn't have thought that through before casting him....

He might very well have been fired. Allen has fired people before.

And actors are doing an Allen movie for almost free literally. So its not even like the contracts and stuff are expensive to get over.

Maybe he was fired .
But the official reason he had scheduling conflicts connected with the stage version of Misery, which he is doing on broadway.
Is that true ?
We will probably never know .

Well, that was certainly unexpected...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"