Up to 200 "superheroes" are currently operating in the US

This is kind of sad. Firstly, they aren't superheroes. They are kids and dellusional adults. Second, if they tried to actually perform heroics, they would them themselves killed. Third, am I the only one who thinks these dorks calling themselves heroes is insulting to real cops, fire fighters, soldiers...etc...y'know, the real heroes?

Agreed on all three counts. Yeah, maybe they stop a mugger every now and then, but wouldn't they actually serve their community better by doing some sort of civil service project or doing something in the political spectrum?

Well their hearts are in the right place right? Also can't you be arrested for some of that stuff?

No they're not. If their hearts were in the right place they would be in soup kitchens or giving the money they used to make their elaborate (and no doubt expensive) suits to charity. These people are just plain, simple, childish, delussional attention ****es. Nothing more, nothing less.

anyone parading around in a superhero costume and it 's not a comic -con , joke , halloween , parade or for some type of media outlet is either mentally handicapped or too depressed to handle their own life.. look at that underdog woman . i don't think the police want some loser in spandex interfering in the line of duty.

LMAO i could only dream of being in my town of Livermore and seeing some bastard jumping from rooftop to rooftop on the look out for ruffians.. hell.. i have a cape I'm on it!

If I was a supervillain my costume would look like this.
thumb_3164_946a1694ad70cf7a692ca995e3a2d03b.jpg

or possibley this
3106_bdd85b8a94c1a8a7bb66d2c78f866983.jpg

I think this is great. People taking matters into their own hands.

What exactly are they taking into their own hands? They aren't actually enforcing the law. They are simply charading as if they were.

I'm waiting for one of these characters to turn up floating in the river as a result of their idiocy.

jag

Give me a bucket of radioactive waste, and then we'll see if they're true superheroes.

Yes, how pathetic are people when they feel the need to pick up trash, help charities and volunteer...
Except instead of doing it for the general good, they do it to fulfill some deluded fantasy they have about themselves.

This is kind of sad. Firstly, they aren't superheroes. They are kids and dellusional adults. Second, if they tried to actually perform heroics, they would them themselves killed. Third, am I the only one who thinks these dorks calling themselves heroes is insulting to real cops, fire fighters, soldiers...etc...y'know, the real heroes?
Again, Matthew, we agree. These people aren't heroes, they are attention ****es. I support people who want to do good, I don't support those who get caught up so much in comics they feel they need to dangerously carry on in tights to it.

Except instead of doing it for the general good, they do it to fulfill some deluded fantasy they have about themselves.

Most Pharmaceutical Companies make products not for the general good, but because they have some deluded fantasy about bathing in a tub full of money.

Your point?

Most Pharmaceutical Companies make products not for the general good, but because they have some deluded fantasy about bathing in a tub full of money.

Your point?
Oh that sounds like my co-workers line today: "Well you do this wrong sometimes (never) too". Just because someone else is a massive f*** up doesn't excuse another's actions.

Oh that sounds like my co-workers line today: "Well you do this wrong sometimes (never) too". Just because someone else is a massive f*** up doesn't excuse another's actions.

But they aren't doing anything wrong. Yes - they are acting childish, but thats not evil!

Who cares if they go around volunteering dressed up in costume? There is no harm there.

When they go above serving the community in THAT way - there clearly is a problem. But to mock these people for doing volunteer work most people here will never do, simply because they are dressed in costume is silly.

I think that anyone of the idiots that run around in brightly colored spandex deserve to be shot for their idiocy. However, on the flip side, I think that if someone truely dedicated themselves to justice and went after real scum that the police can't catch for some reason, i.e. drug dealers, mafiosos and the like, that they could be veiwed as heroes. Someone taking that seriously, knowing the risks, and putting their neck on the line to actualy do some good is a hero in my book, but someone running around in brightly colored spandex, or some giant hunk of plastic/metal that in no way helps anything or anyone...is a dumbass and should be arrested or tossed into an asylum.

I think that anyone of the idiots that run around in brightly colored spandex deserve to be shot for their idiocy. However, on the flip side, I think that if someone truely dedicated themselves to justice and went after real scum that the police can't catch for some reason, i.e. drug dealers, mafiosos and the like, that they could be veiwed as heroes. Someone taking that seriously, knowing the risks, and putting their neck on the line to actualy do some good is a hero in my book, but someone running around in brightly colored spandex, or some giant hunk of plastic/metal that in no way helps anything or anyone...is a dumbass and should be arrested or tossed into an asylum.

:whatever: Lighten up dude, really.

But they aren't doing anything wrong. Yes - they are acting childish, but thats not evil!

Who cares if they go around volunteering dressed up in costume? There is no harm there.

When they go above serving the community in THAT way - there clearly is a problem. But to mock these people for doing volunteer work most people here will never do, simply because they are dressed in costume is silly.
I'm not mocking the volunteers, but clearly most of these people are arming themselves with weapons for confrontation. I mean it's one thing to dress up as "Sexual Harassment Panda" and go around spreading awareness. It's another thing to patrol the west end in your Jetta dressed up like Kato from the Green Hornet. It seems most of these people in the article want to live out some fantasical superhero battle in reality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"