V: The Second Generation

Galactus

Devourer of Worlds
Reaction score
A Second Generation of "V" Soon?
By Garth Franklin
Monday, February 11th 2008 3:42am
Talk of a sequel or remake of the 80's alien invasion mini-series classic "V" has long been in the works, now it seems something might be moving again.

In 2004, original series creator Kenneth Johnson proposed to the networks a sequel. He was later asked to write a script for a remake instead and if successful, the remake could lead to a sequel.

Two years later Johnson announced his completion of a four hour script entitled "V: The Second Generation" set 20 years after the original mini-series. Networks however showed little interest at the time.

Then, last week Johnson released the manuscript in novel form in booksellers and this week revealed on his official site that there will be a major announcement soon to be announced "after the writers strike".

This was followed by a short message to a DH reader saying "I really hope you enjoy the novel. Stay tuned for the film version. All the best".

Ignoring events of the mini-series and the second mini-series "The Final Battle", 'Second Generation' has Earth still under Visitor domination and the Resistance fighting a losing battle as the majority believe that the Visitors have only helped them.

It's then that the message Julie sent into space at the end of the original miniseries is finally heard and an army of aliens, the long-sought enemies of the Visitors, reinforces the Resistance in their time of need. However, all is not as it seems.

I only saw the mini-series like 2 years ago, was good but I never saw the tv show they made after it, I heard it was bad.

I hope some of the original cast returns. Marc Singer needs work

V is Returning to TV!
Source: Variety October 10, 2008

ABC is developing a new adaptation of "V," the 1980s miniseries about alien lizards visiting Earth, reports Variety.

"V" spawned a second miniseries and TV spin-off — written by "The 4400" co-creator/executive producer Scott Peters.

Warner Bros. TV, which was behind the original, is once again producing the project, which was sold as a spec script to ABC.

Peters is set to executive produce, along with HDFilms principal Jace Hall.

The new "V" will center on Erica Evans, a Homeland Security agent with an aimless son who's got problems. When the aliens arrive, her son gloms on to them — causing tension within the family. As in the original "V," several storylines will unfold simultaneously.

As in the '80s version, the show will open with an enormous army of spaceships hovering over the world's major cities. The visitors say they've come to help Earth, but their motives are nefarious.

This is awesome! I hope they bring back that crazy/weird theme music they used before.

Why do a reimagining of it? Why not do it with the original actors. When I met Marc Singer 4 years ago he was so excited for the New V, but it never happened. Now they do a reboot.

The music was awesome.

I never saw the old V but I'll watch anything Sci-Fi so I might try and rent it. I only hope this new version is good.

V is Returning to TV!

ABC is developing a new adaptation of "V," the 1980s miniseries about alien lizards visiting Earth, reports Variety.

"V" spawned a second miniseries and TV spin-off — written by "The 4400" co-creator/executive producer Scott Peters.

Warner Bros. TV, which was behind the original, is once again producing the project, which was sold as a spec script to ABC.

The new "V" will center on Erica Evans, a Homeland Security agent with an aimless son who's got problems. When the aliens arrive, her son gloms on to them — causing tension within the family. As in the original "V," several storylines will unfold simultaneously.

As in the '80s version, the show will open with an enormous army of spaceships hovering over the world's major cities. The visitors say they've come to help Earth, but their motives are nefarious.

About ****in' time. Hopefully they bring some of the original cast back. At least bring back Michael Ironside as Ham Tyler. His character was a free lance mercenary anyway. If they set this NYC, Chicago or D.C. He'll be there. :word:

That's pretty much the Daniel & Robin family story mushed together.

I watched V a couple of months ago and while the first half was good, the second half was downright terrible and quite cheesy, hopefully this takes a good idea and improves on it.

V was awesome. I remember watching it as a kid. I always wanted of the spaceships from the show.

Well...Ok...but I'd rather they make a new ongoing Alien Nation.

Hopefully this update will be great & won't be as boring as Invasion was. If they had actually turned into something on Invasion then that show would have probably been much better.

It's good to hear the original creator is still involved. Hopefully they let him direct it as well just like the original mini-series (even though it was only two hours long). The Final Battle was okay but the ending kinda' sucked. The weekly TV series just plain sucked. The Second Generation sounds awesome, especially if they keep the ending the same. And that creepy theme music.

A Second Generation of "V" Soon?
By Garth Franklin
Monday, February 11th 2008 3:42am
Talk of a sequel or remake of the 80's alien invasion mini-series classic "V" has long been in the works, now it seems something might be moving again.

In 2004, original series creator Kenneth Johnson proposed to the networks a sequel. He was later asked to write a script for a remake instead and if successful, the remake could lead to a sequel.

Two years later Johnson announced his completion of a four hour script entitled "V: The Second Generation" set 20 years after the original mini-series. Networks however showed little interest at the time.

Then, last week Johnson released the manuscript in novel form in booksellers and this week revealed on his official site that there will be a major announcement soon to be announced "after the writers strike".

This was followed by a short message to a DH reader saying "I really hope you enjoy the novel. Stay tuned for the film version. All the best".

Ignoring events of the mini-series and the second mini-series "The Final Battle", 'Second Generation' has Earth still under Visitor domination and the Resistance fighting a losing battle as the majority believe that the Visitors have only helped them.

It's then that the message Julie sent into space at the end of the original miniseries is finally heard and an army of aliens, the long-sought enemies of the Visitors, reinforces the Resistance in their time of need. However, all is not as it seems.
That is so cool! I loved the original miniseries as a kid. I even like the spinoff TV show (I've rented the DVD, and it isn't as good as I remembered it, but I found it enjoyable as a kid). They should bring Robert Englund back as Willy. He was hilarius, and it would be nice to see him play something other than Freddy Krueger for once. And I totally think they should just pick up with the original characters and cast 20 years later. That would be much better than a "reimagining". Maybe start it off with a replay of the two original miniseries, then show the first installment of The Second Generation miniseries.

V is Returning to TV!

That sounds pathetic!
That's all we need. Another show about some stupid teenager going off the rails. If that's the case, COUNT ME OUT!!! :cmad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"