Variety: As Marvel Studios Moves Into Series, TV Unit’s Focus Is Unclear

Agents of SHIELD tried to force a connection to Thanos coming to Earth but then went on to completely ignore that half of the Universe should have turned to dust shortly after.

You can’t dance around that. It either happened or it didn’t. Agents of SHIELD went with “didn’t”. That’s where the MCU “connection” died.
I think the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. were rolling pretty well with the aftermath to The Winter Soldier causing a reset of their series 2/3rds of the way through their first season. And they did good work presenting their presentation of developing the intel for the opening Age Of Ultron sequence. An analogy would be how Rogue One lead to Star Wars without almost 40 tears to work it out.

However it is clear to me that being totally cut off from Infinity War plot points which caused them to take a guess and they had a massive miss, especially with an unexpected renewal needing more story instead of SHIELD saves the day in Chicago and then Thanos comes to do what he did in Wakanda, end of series. And it was only at that point where the story is broken from the main cinematic one since Thanos should have been there by the time of the season 5 epilogue scene . However with their own monolith driven time travel shenanigans independent of Avengers movies quantum realm time travel shenanigans and teases of multiverses what they screwed up with a guess about Infinity War/Endgame might be fixed by Sony wanting their Spider-Man properties along with MCU connections.

I'm sure Doctor Strange's Multiverse of Madness will introduce the concept of different universes which will explain away the Netflix universe.

Last edited:
That’d be the best way to go about things IMO.

They’re stuck between a rock and a hard place, and officially acknowledging the Netflix shows as an “in universe/multiverse” attachment to the movies is having their cake and eating it too. Which I think is a good compromise between officially having the TV shows “count” for those of us who like most of them, and allowing Fiege free reign to do whatever he wants with Daredevil, Luke Cage, etc.

I'm sure Doctor Strange's Multiverse of Madness will introduce the concept of didn't universes which will explain away the Netflix universe.
Works for me. Easy way to explain it away while using the good stuff.

Man, as if you needed more confirmation that Marvel Studios doesn’t give a sh** about the television division.

Well, at least those names thrown out are merely candidates, considering both Diesel and Taylor-Johnson have already been part of the MCU. Sure, Diesel through voice-only so it's easier to work around, but he's still been there.

Hopefully it means better quality animated shows that up to the level of Earth’s Mightiest Heroes and Spectacular Spider-Man.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"