"Veep" starring Julia Louis-Dreyfus on HBO

Did Selina really say Winston Churchill was an American president that lost? She named other US presidents and seemed to be talking about people that lost US elections, but she knows Winston was not an American...right?

This whole episode was amazing but for some reason Kent and his motorcycle club killed me the most.

Also, "You're already dead. What you do now, you do for your family." :funny:

Jonah stole the show again...

"We don't eve use this **** [wood] anymore." I literately laugh/cried and re-watched those commercial outtakes 3 times.

I honestly cant remember when last I laughed so hard,btw I recommend going to kissingyoursisterfilm.com they have lots of bonus material of unused footage

tumblr_o91z4wFpKY1tu4c7to1_400.gif
tumblr_o91z4wFpKY1tu4c7to2_400.gif

tumblr_o91z4wFpKY1tu4c7to3_400.gif
tumblr_o91z4wFpKY1tu4c7to4_400.gif

Mike walking in with a six year old strapped to his chest :lmao:

"New Mexican. Not Mexican." :lmao::lmao:

That Jodie Foster line :lmao::lmao::lmao:

It was a pleasant twist instead of just getting her back into the Veep position. I can see next season being about her post political career. But it could easily be a series finale if it had to.

It was a pleasant twist instead of just getting her back into the Veep position. I can see next season being about her post political career. But it could easily be a series finale if it had to.

Show runner told the Hollywood Reporter, in a post show interview that while they haven't started writing the specific story, season 6 will focus on the post-presidency of a placeholder president who has no real accomplishments and most feel does not deserve to even be viewed as a former president, worthy of life time secret service protection, the book deals, etc. It sounds kind of perfect.

Although it also sounds like an epilogue season. Makes me wonder if season 6 will be the last. I suppose there is a possibility she runs against Montez in season 7 but considering how unfavorably she is viewed and her one achievement has been claimed by Montez, I am guessing she wouldn't be successful. In fact, I'd imagine Tom James would be the front runner to challenge Montez, considering that everyone loves him.

I am a bit baffled as to why Doyle did not go to James for SecState. They are in the same party and everything. Who knows? Considering how arrogant Tom was being, he may have and Tom just brushed him off. But it felt odd that Doyle's way of spiting Selena was spiting James.

My favorite part of the episode (aside from Gary's melt down and everyone's response to it) was Montez and her pronunciation of Laura. At first, when Selena asked what part of Ohio she was born in, I thought they were pulling a bait and switch about her citizenship. Then it hit me. The real joke is she isn't Latina at all. She is just using her husband's nationality for political gain in the most patronizing way possible (thus her pronunciation of Laura). :lmao:

I liked how Catherine acted a bit like her mom for a bit.

Ballsy ending...

Also, Jon*h Ryan is a true american hero.

Veep showrunner David Mandel said:
"You have my word that she’s not president of the United States [and] she is not vice-president of the United States,” he assured the site. “Veep will be the continuing adventures of former president of the United States.”

http://tvline.com/2016/06/27/veep-season-6-spoilers-selina-former-president-hbo/

On a side note, can we talk about how amazing Mandel is? Never in history has there been a show in which the original showrunner leaves, this late in the game, and the show not only remains as good...it gets better. Dude deserves an Emmy.

Ok, everything about President Montez cracked me up. Her victory, her hair, her phoniness, her pronunciation of "Laura." Not gonna lie, for a second there, I thought we were headed for a Ted Cruz-esque situation and were going to find out she was really Canadian (Ohio's pretty close to the boarder after all!). But based on Mandel's comments about next season, that seems unlikely. Can't wait to see what the new world order is like next season. This show remains amazing.

Ok, everything about President Montez cracked me up. Her victory, her hair, her phoniness, her pronunciation of "Laura." Not gonna lie, for a second there, I thought we were headed for a Ted Cruz-esque situation and were going to find out she was really Canadian (Ohio's pretty close to the boarder after all!). But based on Mandel's comments about next season, that seems unlikely. Can't wait to see what the new world order is like next season. This show remains amazing.

I expected the same thing, especially when Selena made that pointed comment about her ethnicity. It wasn't until I was reading a review of the episode that I realized she is simply a phony who has no real Latina heritage but exploits her husband's for political gain. In other words, she fits perfectly into the universe of Veep. I hope we get more of her next season.

Even though it's not, this did have a very 'series finale' vibe to it. It was interesting, funny, and a bit heartbreaking to watch Selina's world crumble around her. It's like she went through the stages of grief when she refused to return back to Vice President, and even tried to arrange the Tibet deal to secure her legacy, only to have her entire political career snatched away from her.

And it was smart on the show because it felt unexpected and didn't take the easy way out by having Selina remain in some political position. I'm very curious to see where the show goes next season. Oh, and of course if anyone from Team Selina stayed on in the next administration, it would be Sue.

Though watching Gary chew out the team felt very earned, given how he's remained glued to Selina the entire time. It's like her loss was also his, and it was, but more so because of how loyal he's been.

I expected the same thing, especially when Selena made that pointed comment about her ethnicity. It wasn't until I was reading a review of the episode that I realized she is simply a phony who has no real Latina heritage but exploits her husband's for political gain. In other words, she fits perfectly into the universe of Veep. I hope we get more of her next season.
Well yeah, I got the part about her being a white woman pretending to be Latina, but I thought they were gonna add that she was a Canadian white woman pretending to be Latina on top of it, lol. Either way I agree, I hope we get more of her next season. She was great.

Well yeah, I got the part about her being a white woman pretending to be Latina, but I thought they were gonna add that she was a Canadian white woman pretending to be Latina on top of it, lol. Either way I agree, I hope we get more of her next season. She was great.

Indeed. I get a very Sarah Palin vibe from her (it might be the hair). I look forward to her being fleshed out.

Indeed. I get a very Sarah Palin vibe from her (it might be the hair). I look forward to her being fleshed out.
Yep, definitely the hair (and the general beauty pageant vibe). :funny:

I almost wish that was the last episode so it could go out on a high note. They're going into unchartered waters next season with a look at life of a ex-president. They'll have Jonah/Richard to fall back on and Dan in the media but if a team of writers and a cast could deliver 10 hilarious episodes of Selina in civilian life it's this one.

Can't wait to rewatch this season later in the year or maybe I'll go back and rewatch the entire series leading up to the new season. I don't see how the series could go into a seventh season even with the troubles HBO has faced.

I almost wish that was the last episode so it could go out on a high note. They're going into unchartered waters next season with a look at life of a ex-president. They'll have Jonah/Richard to fall back on and Dan in the media but if a team of writers and a cast could deliver 10 hilarious episodes of Selina in civilian life it's this one.

Can't wait to rewatch this season later in the year or maybe I'll go back and rewatch the entire series leading up to the new season. I don't see how the series could go into a seventh season even with the troubles HBO has faced.

Eh. The episode had some good laughs, but I think it might have actually been the weakest of the season for me. I'm glad it wasn't the series finale.

Yeah, easily the less laughs for the season.

Mike carrying his 6yr old ''baby'' had me cracking up.

Eh. The episode had some good laughs, but I think it might have actually been the weakest of the season for me. I'm glad it wasn't the series finale.

By high note I mean the season itself. Can they make a season better than this with her not in office?

The documentary episode was the best of the season series.

By high note I mean the season itself. Can they make a season better than this with her not in office?

The documentary episode was the best of the season series.

I have similar concerns. Veep's strongest asset is its cast and their chemistry. Unless they do a time jump to a period in which Selena is running against Montez then the cast is going to be at least somewhat separated in their own post-Meyers Administration stories which will limit their interactions. It has me terrified that we are going to have a situation like Arrested Development Season 4 (which is not as bad as some act, but pales in comparison to the first three seasons in which the cast were consistently together).

That being said, its hard to bet against these writers. It cannot be understated, how well they have done with Armando Iannucci leaving and everything. If anyone can make this work, it is Veep's production team.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"