Venom Question

C

CM 3

could any of you tell me what is the first appearence of the symbiote and the villain venom in the spider-man comic books? :O

slightly tricky question

The black Spider-Man costume first appeared in Amazing Spider-Man #252, but it also first appeared in Marvel Superheroes Secret Wars #8. Secret Wars #8 was where he first got the costume, but Amazing 252 shipped a week before that issue, so it takes place after it. But technicly it came first. Basicly either could be considered the true first

now as for Venom, he had two small cameo appearences in Amazing Spider-Man #298 and #299, but his first full appearence was in #300

Elijya said:
slightly tricky question

The black Spider-Man costume first appeared in Amazing Spider-Man #252, but it also first appeared in Marvel Superheroes Secret Wars #8. Secret Wars #8 was where he first got the costume, but Amazing 252 shipped a week before that issue, so it takes place after it. But technicly it came first. Basicly either could be considered the true first

now as for Venom, he had two small cameo appearences in Amazing Spider-Man #298 and #299, but his first full appearence was in #300

D'you have all theese comics? Or are ya like, Super-memory man?

XwolverineX said:

I would imagine he just looked them up on the internet. Which is easy for everyone to do, but they're too lazy to do it themselves. All you have to do is type "Venom first appearance" into google and the first link will give the answer.

DBM said:
I would imagine he just looked them up on the internet. Which is easy for everyone to do, but they're too lazy to do it themselves. All you have to do is type "Venom first appearance" into google and the first link will give the answer.

Yeah, or just find a villain bio on a place like spiderfan.org. Those sorts of things give details like that.

An interesting note on Venom is that he actually appears twice before 298, although only in concept, and only as an arm. The one instance I can remember off-hand is that an arm shoves Peter towards a speeding subway train, or something to that effect, and his spider sense does not warn him. This was the original intent of Venom's foreshadowing. The original idea was that while Spidey was fighting overhead or something like that, a man was walking and while in the middle of the road, he stopped dead in his tracks to watch Spidey. He would have been hit by a car, and his widow would develop a fierce hatred of Spidey, find the symbiote, and become Venom. This idea was scrapped, but since the foreshadowing events (come to think about it, I believe the other thing was that his webbing got cut while he was swinging) still take place, and his spider-sense still does not trigger, I think it's reasonable to count those as early Venom cameos as well.

First appearance of the symbiote.

Symspidey10.jpg

Venoms first appearance.
amazing300a.jpg

XwolverineX said:
both
DBM said:
I would imagine he just looked them up on the internet.
nope, that was from off the top of my head. Learned the ASM252 shipping a week before SW8 tidbit years back from a converstaion at my LCS, and years of looking through the price guide where it's always indicated that 298 and 299 have a cameo and 300 is the first full appearence taught me the second one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunStorm333
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"