The Amazing Spider-Man Venom vs. The Amazing Spider-Man

JerseyJoker

Sidekick
Reaction score
They are still pressing on to do a solo Venom film.

Would you be against or for the idea of having the two character crossover in a film as their battle down the road.

Obviously goes with the Ult. Venom style of creation of the goo being more a scientific suit than alien creature.

I would love to see them crossover in a film. Doing a solo Venom film would probably mean that they do Venom right this time around, with actual character development ect. If they did the crossover correctly it could be the greatest on screen battle in a comic book movie imo.

^ eh no it wouldnt
not with guys like Iron Man, Thor and Hulk around
anyways I definitely would look forward to a Venom to Spider-Man crossover seeing Venom developed over a longer period of time.
Especially if they are going to do the Gwen Stacy death thingy. As great as Venom is, he's only a side story to the Osborns.

I would love to see them crossover in a film. Doing a solo Venom film would probably mean that they do Venom right this time around, with actual character development ect. If they did the crossover correctly it could be the greatest on screen battle in a comic book movie imo.

How does doing a solo Venom movie mean they will do Venom right this time?

Doing Venom in a solo movie is pretty much the definition of doing Venom wrong.

I say do a Venom solo film that has Spider-Man featured throughout. It would just be that the focus is on someone else. Sorta.

I say do a Venom solo film that has Spider-Man featured throughout. It would just be that the focus is on someone else. Sorta.

I like that idea. Like in the paper, or TV. Maybe a Venom film that is happening within whatever latest crisis Spidey is dealing with.

Sorta like how they are doing the new Bourne film.

I really, really, really hope the Venom solo movie doesn't happen. Would be terrible.

I'd prefer a Spider-Man sequel featuring Venom. I can't picture Venom riding solo.

Yeah the only possible way of doing a Venom solo is having him appear in one of the sequels to TASM and then maybe have his own film

Well, the video game mentioned one of the cross species being made from black goo, right? And we had Norman Osborn being sick and needing cross-species. So we could have him in TASM2 combine the black goo with Spidey's DNA, making the Goblin serum, while what's left of the symbiote makes its way to Eddie.
Venom can have a movie without Spidey in focus, and it can still be similar to the comic origins.

Well, the video game mentioned one of the cross species being made from black goo, right? And we had Norman Osborn being sick and needing cross-species. So we could have him in TASM2 combine the black goo with Spidey's DNA, making the Goblin serum, while what's left of the symbiote makes its way to Eddie.
Venom can have a movie without Spidey in focus, and it can still be similar to the comic origins.
It really can't be similar to the comic origins without Spider-Man. Like... even in the slightest. Venom exists because of Spider-Man. Venom exists to destroy Spider-Man. Having a Venom solo movie would be like having a Mary Jane solo movie.

It really can't be similar to the comic origins without Spider-Man. Like... even in the slightest. Venom exists because of Spider-Man. Venom exists to destroy Spider-Man. Having a Venom solo movie would be like having a Mary Jane solo movie.
Well, yes and no. Who says that a Venom solo film won't have Spidey in it? Just because the focus is on Venom doesn't mean that it doesn't have Spider-Man. Sony has the rights to all the characters. It can just shift the focus off of Spidey, but he must still appear.

I figure that the symbiote will probably be more connected to Oscorp in some way, connecting the origins of all the villains together.

I get that, but since the director doesn't want Spidey in the spinoff, the only way I could really see it working is the symbiote being infused with Peter's DNA. We'd still be getting part of Venom's origin, just without Spidey wearing the black suit

I get that, but since the director doesn't want Spidey in the spinoff, the only way I could really see it working is the symbiote being infused with Peter's DNA. We'd still be getting part of Venom's origin, just without Spidey wearing the black suit
If that's the only alternative, then I'd much rather never see a Venom film.

When was it confirmed that Spidey was not gonna be in the spin-off? I recall hearing that they wanted the two movies to be connected, so why would they divide them like that?

When was it confirmed that Spidey was not gonna be in the spin-off? I recall hearing that they wanted the two movies to be connected, so why would they divide them like that?
Didn't he say he didn't want Spidey in, or am I mistaken?
I think he wants it to be in the same universe, but with Spider-man either put out of focus or just absent

Didn't he say he didn't want Spidey in, or am I mistaken?
I think he wants it to be in the same universe, but with Spider-man either put out of focus or just absent
I honestly think that put out of focus would be better. I mean, if he was removed entirely, why would Venom bother being a part of Spider-Man's story? It has to connect somehow. I say through Oscorp, personally, but Spider-Man needs to be a catalyst to the whole thing.

I honestly think that put out of focus would be better. I mean, if he was removed entirely, why would Venom bother being a part of Spider-Man's story? It has to connect somehow. I say through Oscorp, personally, but Spider-Man needs to be a catalyst to the whole thing.
Yeah. Without the black suit phase we can't really have Venom, and they shouldn't redo the black suit because TASM is already getting lower ratings for being too similar to the original (which I think is a lie, but that's not what we're talking about here.) The only way I could see a Venom movie working is if Spider-man 3 had just been the black suit, with New Goblin and Sandman, and then the spin-off and then Venom vs Spidey in the fourth movie. That would've been cool, but sadly that ship has sailed.
There's really no good way to give Eddie his powers without Peter.

Yeah. Without the black suit phase we can't really have Venom, and they shouldn't redo the black suit because TASM is already getting lower ratings for being too similar to the original (which I think is a lie, but that's not what we're talking about here.) The only way I could see a Venom movie working is if Spider-man 3 had just been the black suit, with New Goblin and Sandman, and then the spin-off and then Venom vs Spidey in the fourth movie. That would've been cool, but sadly that ship has sailed.
There's really no good way to give Eddie his powers without Peter.
What about Ultimate Venom?

What about Ultimate Venom?
I guess having Richard develop the black suit could work. He did seem to be involved in the spider cross-species, so him making a suit that gives you spider powers makes sense, but without Peter in the equation, it just doesn't work

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"