The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Venom

I'm with Oscorp on this one guys. Venom on his own wouldn't be very smart.

He's fascinating as a character because of the way he torments Peter. The way he stalks him and knows everything about him. The way he can counter every single one of his moves and even go around his spidey sense. To have him in a solo movie would be weak, a ying without a yang.

For the record, I'd just like to say I'd love a Venom movie, but it'd only be logical for it to come after an appearance in a Spidey movie. I'm of the belief that Venom should be added to the series because he's crucial to it. Then they could spin off just like they did with his own comics.

You just want a movie because you're Venom. :o

I'd agree that an Eddie Brock Venom movie can't work alone as he needs Spidey to interact with. But a Flash Venom is a man on a mission with a support network. It has the recipe for a solo adventure

I agree with this. In the context of the movie, his character did what he was supposed to do. But we didn't get to see him as he was in the comics. That is, he wasn't a naturally agressive guy with a chip on his shoulder because he was smart. His arms just augment his personality and makes him more dangerous. He wasn't a nice guy whose mind was taken over by his robotic arms. I'd like to see that in a movie some day. Either in the TASM series or in whichever one comes next.

However, I do like the idea of GG as the leader of the Sinister Six in the TASM universe. It just makes more sense considering most of the shady stuff comes from Oscorp and, ultimately, through Norman. That's not to say I wouldn't also like Doc Ock leading the Sinister Six, of course.

Ock wasn't evil before his arms in 616.

:up: Agreed 100%

Venom NEEDS to be on screen again in order to make up for SM3.
Yeah, but they don't need to do Venom just for the sake of doing him if they are going character develop not only Brock, but the entity of the Symbiote(which to me is a vital character in its own), and Venom as a whole, with a real motivation and foundation.

Maybe the first Sinister Six could be led by Green Goblin. Introducing Doc Ock at this point would be too much and could feel rushed.
IMO, it depend on the approach, Norman could hire Octavius to create a team lead by Otto, with the support of Oscorps technology & weaponry, to go after Spidey, then show the dynamics of Norman & Otto fractured/confrontational relationship, which eventually lead to their separation and the birth of the "Master Planner".

That's where I don't see the potential in an Eddie Brock Venom film. Flash-Venom could perhaps work though.
(1) Unless they include Eddie either in the lore of one of Peter's friends gone bad, or as an older tormentor from the outset, I don't see
it working. The two has to have a background history with each other for it to have meaning and be personal. The Bugle Rivalry angle does not work...no one relates to that; nor, to the Sineater story.

(2)I can see Flash working, I prefer a re-invented Eddie Brock, but I can certainly see a Flash Venom work.

They didn't use Flash in TASM as much as they could have. I hope he has a bigger role in TASM 2, loved the way they portrayed Flash in TSSM.

I don't know how a movie like this would work without Spider-Man. Who plays bad guy to Venom? I hope they don't make this into some kind of movie where he's just on the loose or working for some super-organization. I'd like to see Eddie struggle with the symbiote, because they have a relationship and keep each other in check. That might work.

I think Eddie and the symbiote could be introduced in ASM4 and they meet in a mid-credits tease. Directly after ASM4 a Venom movie could come out and this is roughly how it would go:

- Eddie Brock is main character. He's not much older than Peter. Young adult, physically fit. Thinking Garrett Hedlund.

- The symbiote takes over his body/life and he causes a ruckus. But the film could be shot with us on Venom's side. For instance, he is trying to save the innocent (small children, kittens stuck in trees) but ends up destroying more than he saves. Doing more harm than good.

- Spider-Man steps in to stop him. Spider-Man is the "antagonist" much like Batman is presumed to be in Superman vs Batman. Andrew Garfield voices Spidey but is in costume the entire time.

- After the first break in the mayhem, the symbiote replicates and infects Cletus Kasady. Carnage is no-holds-barred evil. Killing the innocent with guiltless disregard. The contrast between him and Venom is emphasized.

- Venom and Spider-Man agree to take him down together:

1872720-carnage.jpg

Last edited:
Sure that I want Venom movie (two of them would do just fine), with Aaron Paul as Eddie Brock...

I just wanted to let you know that the quotes from the Uncle Ben death scene included in your signature are not correct. They're actually quotes from an alternate take of the scene located in the deleted scenes section of the TASM DVD. Just letting you know. If you're gonna be a troll, at least be accurate.

I just wanted to let you know that the quotes from the Uncle Ben death scene included in your signature are not correct. They're actually quotes from an alternate take of the scene located in the deleted scenes section of the TASM DVD. Just letting you know. If you're gonna be a troll, at least be accurate.

Dude, this thread's about Venom. There's a time and a place to fight Chaseter. This is neither the time nor the place nor the method for doing so.

A Venom spin-off doesn't necessarily mean that Spider-Man wouldn't be a part of it. I read Venom: Lethal Protector yesterday, and Spidey plays a crucial role in the overall plot and basically helps Venom defeat the villain.

I think Carnage would make a great antagonist as well for a Venom spin-off... what do you guys think?

Venom is quite terrifying, and I think he deserves justice after the terrible appearance in SM3.

A Venom spin-off doesn't necessarily mean that Spider-Man wouldn't be a part of it. I read Venom: Lethal Protector yesterday, and Spidey plays a crucial role in the overall plot and basically helps Venom defeat the villain.

I think Carnage would make a great antagonist as well for a Venom spin-off... what do you guys think?

Venom is quite terrifying, and I think he deserves justice after the terrible appearance in SM3.

agreed. that's basically what i my post was about.

agreed. that's basically what i my post was about.
I do agree that Venom going completely solo is a bad idea, but a Venom centric film is another story. I think it could work. Of course this movie would have to be made after the symbiote and Eddie have already been established as Venom, and his hatred for the web-slinger has been made clear.

The only Venom solo story that I thought was very good was Venom: Dark Origin, talking about Eddie Brock's past. This could be the portion of the film that is all about Eddie growing up and becoming the man he is today.

Title:
Spider-Man (Villains) Origins: Venom

Venom: Dark Origins would make a better title IMO.

The first spin-off should have Spider-Man as I mentioned, but once the GA really comes to love him, they could make solo Venom films. In the comics, both characters make a pact, and Venom becomes a "protector of the innocent" in San Francisco and becomes an anti-hero.

I'd hope anything would be a better title than what I said. :funny:

I also have wondered about the Venom movie being the same events of the previous Spider-Man movie, but from Eddie's perspective. Could be interesting. Could be terrible. I really have no idea, so I'm intrigued.

I really want to see something similar to Venom: Dark Origin.

Venom_Dark_Origin_Vol_1_1.jpg

It is not necessary for Spidey to have the Sym first, in creating Venom for its solo project; unless, Webb is planning, somewhere down the line, to use the Sym as part of his franchise. Other than that, I don't see it being necessary, and only add to the delay of this particular film from being made, base on whenever Webb is ready or interested in introducing the Sym.

As far as the approach itself, Venom need to done from the POV of a villain. I have said this numerous of times. Not only that; but, Venom is a villain, and needs to be treated as such. Not as some "lethal protector"...that's not a villain; that is a Batman or Punisher character, a dark hero who flirts on the edge. Venom needs to be an all out VILLAIN; a force the Peter/Spidey has to wrestle & question himself in how far will he go, what does it take, to come up against this villain. I'm tired of this,"he's bad, but bad in a good way, protecting the innocent from unscrupulous individuals wishing to do harm....hell, that's Spidey, with the Symbiote. Don't need a "so-called" villain to be the same. So the film makers need to decide what approach they wish to take with this character.

Finally, Eddie needs to have a history, a background, to establish some foundation into who he is, and why he is so easily overcome by the Sym, and embraces it. As well, have a some kind of relationship with Peter, in one form or another, good or bad; yet, show that they are very aware or familiar with each other. The Symbiote needs a historic lore about itself as well, to demonstrate its nature & justify its existence. I have an idea how this can be accomplish within the reign of film. However, these factors, I feel are important in the creation of Venom, and justification of this character existence in the lore of villains.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"