Vermont towns vote to arrest Bush and Cheney

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Voters in two Vermont towns on Tuesday approved a measure that would instruct police to arrest President George W. Bush and Vice President Dick Cheney for "crimes against our Constitution," local media reported.
The nonbinding, symbolic measure, passed in Brattleboro and Marlboro in a state known for taking liberal positions on national issues, instructs town police to "extradite them to other authorities that may reasonably contend to prosecute them."
Vermont, home to maple syrup and picture-postcard views, is known for its liberal politics.
State lawmakers have passed nonbinding resolutions to end the war in Iraq and impeach Bush and Cheney, and several towns have also passed resolutions of impeachment. None of them have caught on in Washington.
Bush has never visited the state as president, though he has spent vacations at his family compound in nearby Maine.
Roughly 12,000 people live in Brattleboro, located on the Connecticut River in the state's southeastern corner. Nearby Marlboro has a population of roughly 1,000.
(Writing by Andy Sullivan, editing by David Wiessler)

Idk but to my knowledge know one has fallowed the constitution since is was established.

you know how i know this, it says in the constitution that if the people arnt happy with the government than we have the right to overthrow them... umm hello WHY ARNT WE DOING THAT!!

Haha! Oh, Vermont!

jag

is Vermont in the US? :confused:

Idk but to my knowledge know one has fallowed the constitution since is was established.

you know how i know this, it says in the constitution that if the people arnt happy with the government than we have the right to overthrow them... umm hello WHY ARNT WE DOING THAT!!

Please proof read or spell check you're posts before hitting "Submit Reply"

Please proof read or spell check you're posts before hitting "Submit Reply"

Yeah because you could not understand what he wrote cause he spelt 3 things wrong, so you could not understand a single thing he said. Shut up

It wont happen because americans are to dumb to do that. Even if we were organized you will always have one idiot to ruin something, or spill the beans, or let a leak get out. Plus the government is way to powerful.

I think the more appropriate question is... Why aren't you doing that? Don't lump me in with you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"