Vibranium VS Adamantium

Lily Adler

#forthecontent! 📹 (she/her)
Staff member
Reaction score
Since the X-verse may likely be rebooted into the MCCU. Which is stronger?

Well the Black Panther armored suits were dissipated by the magnetic fields of the maglev trains and somehow Wakandans were able to forge it before they developed technology from raw vibranium. Meanwhile as far as we know adamantium will only be affected by Magneto himself.

I think vibranium will prove more flexible adaptable for different uses while adamantium would have a higher strength and maybe not usable until some alien or next level Stark tech is applied to it..

I believe in the comics it's stated that Cap's shield is an alloy of Vibranium and iron, thus far stronger than vibranium on it's own and that Adamantium was develop to try and replicate that. That doesn't appear to be the case for the MCU. My guess is that Adamantium wouldn't be able to scratch Vibranium but treated Vibranium could scratch Adamantium.

Vibranium is strong because of it's properties to absorb and distribute energy making it indestructible. Admantium is just really, really, really, durable making it "virtually" indestructible.

One is an infinity stone and the other is just metal.

^^huh?

CBR had a pretty good breakdown
Black Panther: Vibranium Vs. Adamantium -- Which Is Stronger?

Page 2 has all the good stuff

Basically (in the comics), Cap's shield is a Vibranium/steel alloy which actually makes it stronger than pure Vibranium. Pure Adamantium is stronger still, but is exceedingly rare. Wolverine's bones are coated in what has been referred to as "Beta Adamantium" which is on a similar level to Cap's shield. Then there's "Secondary adamantium" which is on a similar level to standard vibranium. So therefore, the claws and the shield would meet and neither would bend or break

In the movie universe?... f*** if I know, but probably similar... they wouldn't devalue Cap's shield, but they also wouldn't want to nerf wolverine before he even shows up

I imagine a quick skirmish with Black Panther and the Wolverine, goes something like this:

A swift kick across the face from T'challa claw-like boots… while Wolverine makes a quick slash to the chest... after a brief stand off... T'challa winces--then notices his Vibranium suit has exposed fresh claw wounds across his chest.

Black Panther goes, "This... this is not possible."

Wolverine replies as he heals from the gashes on his face, "Adamantium, bub."

Actually now thinking about it... Wolverine would be an excellent antagonist in an upcoming Black Panther movie.

I hope this gets discussed by MCU characters.

The way I see it, is Adamantium is stronger, but it would lose in a clash, because no matter how much force you put behind it, Vibranium will disperse it.

I imagine a quick skirmish with Black Panther and the Wolverine, goes something like this:

A swift kick across the face from T'challa claw-like boots… while Wolverine makes a quick slash to the chest... after a brief stand off... T'challa winces--then notices his Vibranium suit has exposed fresh claw wounds across his chest.

Black Panther goes, "This... this is not possible."

Wolverine replies as he heals from the gashes on his face, "Adamantium, bub."

Actually now thinking about it... Wolverine would be an excellent antagonist in an upcoming Black Panther movie.

IMO Wolverine takes that one pretty handily. Don't think BP could do sufficient damage to put Logan down.

The old marvel rpg book had caps shield as class 3000 strength and adamantium class 1000. Thus saying caps shield was stronger. Class 3000 was the same as odins spear. Class 1000 was the same as thors hammer.

My mates and I had some good times with the old Marvel RPG back in the day! :yay:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"