What would have happened if Avengers failed?

It was a pretty big catalyst. It's a comic franchise a lot of people thought would be impossible to translate to live action, and whether you like what Whedon did or not, he managed to do it faithfully for the most part. Now others in Hollywood know something of that scope can be done and have it make money.

What about Disney's business plan?

Stage 3 would be cancelled and Disney wouldn't have bought Star Wars leaving SW7 in development hell.

Also WB wouldn't consider a World's Finest or Justice League cross over.

Does this thread remind anyone else of a ”What If” comic book with a nightmare scenario?

Does this thread remind anyone else of a ”What If” comic book with a nightmare scenario?

That's kind of the idea. Who here thinks one of these scenarios is the reason to why the Avengers sucked in the "Darkest Timeline"?

[YT]de06YM2mDlA[/YT]

So guys, having heard about the Runaways, I guess that might have been a phase 2 film?

The comics would have suffered too. There must have been a bunch of new readers because of the film.

The comics would have suffered too. There must have been a bunch of new readers because of the film.

Oh absolutely, not just in terms of new readers coming on board but also writers willing to work on said characters. Compared to most people here, I'm a fairly new reader to comics, I've noticed that with the early Ultimate comics from the early 2000s in Marvel(at least from what I've read), they had better writers and overall better stories and somehow bigger roles for characters that had prominent movies out at the same time(like Spidey, & X-Men) compared to the Avengers(otherwise known as the Ultimates) at the time.

After reading the Ultimates 1 Ultimate collection I did not like the writing compared to Ultimate Spider-Man and I thought that the characterization made them all *****ebags(Ant-Man especially). Looking at Avengers titles now(especially post-movie) things have vastly improved, I'm loving the Avengers Assemble title especially when Bendis was writing, the main title isn't too bad either.

Anyone else think we wouldn't be seeing all these new DC shows (Flash, Gotham, Constantine, possibly Booster Gold) if it weren't for Avengers and AOS spinning out of it? It's crazy.

Competition benefits us all. I mean I don't give a fig about anything DC since I've never been a fan but I want them to do well so that they'll keep Marvel on their toes.

Anyone else think we wouldn't be seeing all these new DC shows (Flash, Gotham, Constantine, possibly Booster Gold) if it weren't for Avengers and AOS spinning out of it? It's crazy.

Those shows had to have been in development for a while, but it's no coincidence that WB made announcements about its TV plans hot on the heels of AOS's big debut. It's hilarious but it makes sense.

I don't even think all of them will air. WB filmed pilots for Aquaman and Wonder Woman and they weren't picked up by a network.

Gotham got a straight-to-series order, meaning they're skipping the pilot stage altogether, so that's definitely guaranteed. Can't see them not doing the Flash show at this point. With Goyer being on Constantine I have a hard time not seeing that going forward either.

The failure of the Avengers movie would have had an impact on most major studios:

Disney/Marvel - The blame for the disappointing box office would have fallen directly upon the alien protagonists. The beautiful, mythological aliens from Thor would have been spared, but the Chituari, the Other and Thanos, along with the Battle of New York would be ignored in future MCU films. The company would have looked to its street level heroes, with a series of Marvel Knights films taking the place of more expensive alien based films such as GOTG and the rumored Inhumans film.

FOX - With no need to keep up with the Joneses, the less costly XMFC 2 replaces DOFP on the FOX production schedule.

Sony - With the softened demand in superhero films, the studio takes a less aggressive stance with it's ASM series. Two sequels are planned (rather than three) with the films being released every three years (as opposed to every two).

Warner/DC - Warner is pleased with its box office take from MOS, and schedules a sequel for 2016. Batman continues his post TDKR retirement, and a future Justice League film goes from "maybe, someday" to "never going to happen".

This.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"