Vikings: Valhalla Coming To Netflix

LoganGambit87

Sidekick
Reaction score
Vikings Sequel Series Lands at Netflix; Valhalla to Follow Leif Erikson, Others
The offshoot of History’s Vikings is officially happening — and it it’s happening on Netflix.

The streaming giant announced on Tuesday that it has greenlit Vikings: Valhalla, an original MGM Television series from Vikings creator Michael Hirst that will continue the storytelling of his epic saga.

Picking up 100 years after the events of the original series (which will launch the first half of its sixth and final season on Wednesday, Dec. 4), Vikings: Valhalla will dramatize the adventures of the most famous Vikings who ever lived – Leif Erikson, Freydis, Harald Harada and the Norman King William the Conqueror (who was a Viking descendant). “These men and women will blaze new paths as they fight for survival in an ever-changing and evolving Europe,” reads the synopsis.

Jeb Stuart (The Fugitive, Die Hard) has been handpicked by Hirst to serve as showrunner for the follow-up, which will use much of the same crew as Vikings as it films in Ireland. Morgan O’Sullivan (Vikings, Penny Dreadful) will also serve as an EP.

“I am beyond excited that we are announcing the continuation of our Vikings saga,” Hirst said in a statement. “I know that the millions of our fans across the globe will be thrilled by the belief being shown in our show by MGM and Netflix. Jeb Stuart, a truly wonderful writer, will bring new storylines and a powerful visceral vision to stories about some of the most famous Vikings known to history.”

Channing Dungey, VP of original series at Netflix, also issued a statement saying, “Vikings: Valhalla promises to be everything that fans love about the franchise: heart-pounding, unstoppable action rooted in rich characters and dramatic storytelling that shines the light on family, loyalty and power. We are thrilled to bring the next iteration of the Vikings saga to life.”

This is such a fascinating part of history, I’m all for it.

Just saw the first season. Main issue was
the split up of the brother and sister. I didn't care for her story in Uppsala.
I did like being back in the world of Vikings though.

I watched it all on Netflix. It's cool to have a spin off show but it is not as good as Vikings and the characters aren't as captivating either.

I really enjoyed the first season and would definitely watch another season if it gets renewed, but it's not as good as the earlier seasons of Vikings, especially seasons 1 through 4.

I'd still take it over what comes afterwards though even if that's not saying much, and I actually think Godwin is the most interesting and compelling character in this show so far.

Between this and Barbarians it's nice to have more quality medieval shows that focus on that time period because I love being in that world and it's even more surprising that both came from Netflix as well.

I really enjoyed the first season and would definitely watch another season if it gets renewed, but it's not as good as the earlier seasons of Vikings, especially seasons 1 through 4.

I'd still take it over what comes afterwards though even if that's not saying much, and I actually think Godwin is the most interesting and compelling character in this show so far.

Between this and Barbarians it's nice to have more quality medieval shows that focus on that time period because I love being in that world and it's even more surprising that both came from Netflix as well.

I rather enjoyed it myself and agree about it not quite living up to the original. I would probably prefer to see something a little more fact based, but, hey, I watch fiction all the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"