Villain Predictions

spideyman101

Civilian
Reaction score
Does anyone remember far enough back before Doc Ock was comfirmed to remember who was the predicted villain(s) for Spider-Man 2?

Was Doc Ock always predicted? Was Lizard the main prediction? What other characters were predicted. What storylines were predicted?

What weird and whacky ideas were formed and what "rumors" were made?

I believe the Lizard was supposed to be the main villain and Black Cat was also mentioned to be in the picture. Then they switched it to Doc Ock. I am not sure about storylines that were mentioned. All three films had differnent stories and villians planed out, then they switched at the last moment.

SM1 - GG and Doc Ock
SM2 - The Lizard and Black Cat
SM3 - Sandman, New Goblin and Vulture

Does anyone remember far enough back before Doc Ock was comfirmed to remember who was the predicted villain(s) for Spider-Man 2?

Was Doc Ock always predicted? Was Lizard the main prediction? What other characters were predicted. What storylines were predicted?

What weird and whacky ideas were formed and what "rumors" were made?

One idea that thankfully got nixed, was Ock being portrayed as a younger man, and also one that was attractive so that there would have been a love triangle of sorts between Ock, MJ, and Parker. :o

But as the above poster illustrated, the original planned trilogy saw alot of changes before finally being realized on the silver screen. I think that after 2002's Spider-Man made it's theatrical rounds at the box office, many fans more or less expected Ock to be the villain for the sequel. Especially in light of his introduction being cut in the first film, and thankfully that's exactly what happened.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"