Villains you want to see in the New DCEU

The Overlord

Superhero
Reaction score
Since the DCEU is getting rebooted, what villains would you like to see that have not appeared on the big screen yet?

I really would like to see some non-Lex and Zod Superman villains, Brainiac, Metallo, Parasite, heck even Toyman would be a nice change of pace.

Maybe Circe for the next Wonder Woman movie, she is the last big WW villain who has not appeared on screen yet.

Amazo
Anti-Monitor
Atrocitus
Black Manta
Black Racer
Brainiac
Captain Cold
Circe
Count Vertigo
Darkseid
David Cain
Deathstroke
Despero
Doctor Destiny
Felix Faust
Giganta
Gorilla Grodd
Grail
Hercules
Imperiex
Lady Shiva
Larfleeze
Manhunters
Metallo
Mongul
Ocean Master
Parasite
Paula von Gunther
Phantasm
Prometheus
Red Hood
Reverse-Flash
Simon Hurt
Sinestro
Star Sapphire
Ultra-Humanite
Vandal Savage
Veronica Cale
White Martians

Last edited:
Vandal savage
Solomon Grundy
Sinestro
Brainiac
Anti monitor
Lex
Mongul
Mordru
Lobo
Amazon
Metallo
Red hood
Hugo strange
Shade
Clayface

I was just thinking, Amazo would make a good villain for all the heroes to have to fight in a endgame type of film, if they did the animated series storyline.
But maybe it would seem to similar to ultron, idk.

Definitely want to see Livewire, Lady Shiva, Clayface, Mr Freeze and The Ventriloquist somewhere in the DCEU 2.0.

They're all overdue for movies.

I for sure want a Lex origin film, and I'd love to see a Vandal savage one as well.

A Vs film would have lots of potential. From the ice age to the modern age.
His reservoir of knowledge would be impressive.

Vandal Savage, comic’s accurate Bane, a Clancy Brown Lex Luther, Deathstroke, Sinestro, Killer Frost, Captain Cold, Joker and Harley Quinn together.

Clancy brown is 63 but I'd still dig him as Lex.
Most will probably want a younger actor tho.

Clancy brown is 63 but I'd still dig him as Lex.
Most will probably want a younger actor tho.
I am talking about a Clancy Brown SAS type. Smart handsome bad boy. Kinda the opposite of Bruce Wayne. Jealous of Superman.

Id like to see Lex to be Supes age to contrast their different levels of success, especially if Lex is a self-made billionaire or something while Clark is just getting started. Like have Clark all proud to be starting at the Planet only to run into his old classmate Lex who’s buying the place.

Superboy Prime. He is my favorite villain.

But, I do find it funny that in a sense, James Gunn is the Superboy Prime of the DCEU.
Like Superboy Prime, Gunn was recruited from another universe to help the DCEU. After joining alongside them, he witnessed all of the DCEU’s mishaps, failures, and moral shortcomings and has now set his intentions toward destroying the DCEU.

Last edited:
Amazo
Anti-Monitor
Atrocitus
Black Manta
Black Racer
Brainiac
Captain Cold
Circe
Count Vertigo
Darkseid
David Cain
Deathstroke
Despero
Doctor Destiny
Felix Faust
Giganta
Gorilla Grodd
Grail
Hercules
Imperiex
Lady Shiva
Larfleeze
Manhunters
Metallo
Mongul
Ocean Master
Parasite
Paula von Gunther
Phantasm
Prometheus
Red Hood
Reverse-Flash
Simon Hurt
Sinestro
Star Sapphire
Ultra-Humanite
Vandal Savage
Veronica Cale
White Martians
I thought for sure Circe would be involved with the wishing stone and Cheetah, but no.

Sticking with DC heroes who've actually gotten solo movies to date.

Superman: Corporate Luther. *cough* I'd be partial to Metallo, too, as Luther's muscle, both for that he's an effective source of anti-Superman muscle, and also can serve a useful narrative role in 'Showing that Luther is the Devil'. Which is to say, when you get to the point in the "mad scientist creates a monster" story where normally, the monster rebels and the mad scientist's hubris is revealed? Corben finds out how absolutely he is enslaved, and that Luther is a genius who mostly *is* as good as his megalomania claims.

Batman: Two broad categories of villains- the super kung fu types, and the monsters. We've gotten plenty of the gangsters and madmen, lets see people like Lady Shiva and Clayface, who would let you explore other facets to Batman for a change.

Wonder Woman: Yeah, I have to agree about Circe. She's a villain whose also a perfect foil, in that she's also an outsider demigoddess in Man's World who has opinions on the place, plus she has a distinct powerset. Honorable mention goes to Giganta, who I'd love to see as essentially a super mook with a habit of crossing paths with Wonder Woman, but where there's no actual antipathy on either side. Giganta's not out for vengeance, isn't a bloodthirsty psycho, she's just a crook with flexible morals and enough power to enjoy punching it out with superheroes.

Shazam: Captain Nazi. Because who doesn't want to see Billy Batson and his adoptive family punching the **** out of bigots? *eg*

Superman -- An actual intimidating Lex and Brainiac.

Batman - killer croc, clayface

GL - Atrocitus

WW - circe..

MM - Malefic

Flash - Godspeed

Id like to see Lex to be Supes age to contrast their different levels of success, especially if Lex is a self-made billionaire or something while Clark is just getting started. Like have Clark all proud to be starting at the Planet only to run into his old classmate Lex who’s buying the place.

Personally I definitely don’t want Clark and Lex knowing each other previously.

I posted this in a few other threads.

Other than the villain in each solo film, ie superman/lex, batman/joker? Etc,
I think we will get a big bad in the background in each film that will eventually bring them all together.

Now, Who that will be is anyones guess.

I think it will either be Darkseid, anti-monitor, or Brainiac.

There are others that are just as powerful also, ie, trigon, imperiex, but they do not have much recognition outside the fandom.
That's not to say Gunn won't go with a little known, but extremely powerful, supervillain.

My hope is for the anti-monitor, with spectre cameoing in each solo film, warning heroes and villains alike of the coming threat.
He tells them they WILL work together when the time comes, or they WILL die. The choice is theirs.

I loved TSS but I wish we could have gotten Starro as a JL villain.

Id like to see Solomon Grundy, Trigon, Gentleman Ghost at some point. I wanna see Grundy against someone other than Batman, his dynamic with the other League members has been mostly ignored in recent years

Henry Cavill as Bizarro lol

I feel clark/superman should be a big cornbread fed guy from Kansas of average ( not supermodel ) looks.
Nice looking but not in the way that makes you turn your head turn around for a 2nd look "looks"

Big, but not with a bodybuilder type of body.
Someone with a body type like Patrick Warburton.
He needs to blend in. Not stand out.

I am currently watching Wednesday on Netflix. Gwendolyn Christie is Granny Goodness.

Superman
Braniac
President Lex
Mister Mxyzptlk
The Elite

Batman
Mr Freeze
Poison Ivy
Clayface
Mad Hatter

Wonder Woman
Circe
Dr Psycho
Silver Swan
Cheetah

The Flash
Reverse Flash
Mirror Master
Gorilla Grodd
The Rogues

Aquaman
Black Manta
The Dead King
Charybdis
Siren

Green Lantern
Sinestro
Parallax
Star Sapphire
Red Lantern Corps

Green Arrow
Deathstroke
Onomatopoeia
Merlyn
China White

Justice League
Darkseid
Crime Syndicate
Legion of Doom
Anti Monitor

Hmm. I am somewhat iffy on the Elite as villains, mostly because while I appreciate the thematics of the original comic story, ultimately? Its kind of a big strawman, and the Elite themselves are caricatures. Blame it on actually being a Wildstorm fan ( yes, its surprising ), but I feel like you could tell a much more compelling story of "bronze age ethics vs iron age ethics" if the iron age side were *actual* iron age heroes.

That said, I can think of two uses of them that have potential:

-Use them as a substitute for the Crime Syndicate, Justice Lords style. They are the heroes(?) of an alternate Earth that comes into contact with the JL, and the conflict isn't just over some upcomers being too violent, about the mutually incompatible ideologies of superheroism that reign over two different planets.

-Make them the *protagonists* of the story. That is to say, you are still basically doing a variation on Whats So Funny... but its all from the perspective of the Elite. They are the tragic, sympathetic villain protagonists of the story, who you get to know and understand and either like or despise or both.

In general, across the DCEU:

- Lex Luthor
- Joker (sue me)
- Vandal Savage
- Veronica Cale / Paula von Gunther
- Gorilla Grodd & Gorilla City
- Mongul & Warworld
- Brainiac
- Giganta
- The Manhunters
- Sinestro
- The Fatal Five