The Green Lantern movie thread

If they can make a highly successful, well done origin movie for Iron Man why can't they do the same for Flash/GL?

Sure thing. Just turn the rights to Green Lantern and Flash over to Marvel Studios.

:D

:gl: :gl: :gl:

That's the best idea I've heard in a while considering all WB does is sit on these characters or try to get a ridiculous JL project off the ground and failing at that as well.

If they can make a highly successful, well done origin movie for Iron Man why can't they do the same for Flash/GL?

I'm not saying it can't be done. But they can't hold anything back. They can't be thinking "Well, if we cover Hal's origin in part 1, we can slow-boil up to the real action in parts 2 and 3, then the REAL epic stuff can happen in the second trilogy!" I think with a Green Lantern movie - and with a Flash movie - they'd need to go all-out balls-to-the-wall with part 1, THEN think about how they can top that with a sequel if/when it's greenlit.

That said, I wouldn't mind if they did some continuity-compressing for a "Green Lantern" movie. Namely, start with Hal Jordan's origin, an opening scene detailing the plane crash that killed his father maybe, segueing directly into Hal as a pilot. Quick intro to the supporting cast, then launch into Hal being taken to Abin Sur's ship. Have him become a Green Lantern in the early going of the film.

Then, you can devote the rest of the first act to Jordan's GL training in Oa. For the sake of plot efficiency, I'd probably merge the happenings of Emerald Dawn and Emerald Dawn 2, and just have it be Sinestro that trains Hal rather than Kilowog. Then you can directly go into the revelation of Sinestro's activities in Korugar, and Hal's "betrayal" of his mentor by reporting back to the Guardians, leading to Sinestro's banishment.

With the film's second act, you have Hal Jordan taking up his duties as a fully-functioning Green Lantern, perhaps keeping him occupied with a minor, Earth-based villain. Meanwhile, you have Sinestro discovering the Yellow Power Battery on Qward, and gathering together his Sinestro Corps.

Then the big finale that dominates the third act is a big-ass space war between the Green Lantern Corps and the Sinestro Corps. It's a lot to put in 1 movie, and it'd probably run north of 2 hours, but it would pack the film with enough epic action and drama to all but ensure a sequel.

Keyser, you just described my script, except for the Sinestro Corps. It is kind of the obvious way to go for a GL film. :). I agree that a GREEN LANTERN movie just needs to be flat epic. But it doesn't need to be as epic as it "could" be to succeed. It could very much stick to "Iron Man" levels. The movie could easily feature an explanation of the Guardians and the Corps, the origin of Hal Jordan, have him training with Sinestro, who obviously ends up being the villain, and then requires some epic adventure for the third portion of the movie as Hal grows into his role as a Green Lantern and has to oppose Sinestro along with other Corps members. It's very doable.

I'd leave the Sinestro Corps out of it, though. I think that's definitely something better suited for sequels.

Okay, off the top of my head:

Scott Porter as Hal Jordan
fri-scottport.jpg

Derek Luke as John Stewart
Derek%20Luke-5.jpg
Greenlantern156.jpg

Seann William Scott as Guy Gardner
southlandtalespic8.jpg
165146-guy-gardner_400.jpg

Milo Ventimiglia as Kyle Rayner
MIlo.jpg
gl-kyle2.jpg

i like Chris Pine for Kyle
pine-blind1_1191996005.jpg

I hate Milo. Idont get the appeal.

Milo Ventimiglia is older than Scott Porter. :huh:

Good point. Though they are all in the same age range, Porter is the youngest of the four.

Like i said, 'Off the top of my head.'

He's from Heroes. His character is a telekinetic who beat Sylar in the first season's finale.

I think i know the right directors for this project and those are either Luc Besson (Director of "Leon The Professional" and "Fifth Element") or Alex Proyas ("The Crow" and "Dark City").

I'm sure this has been discussed before, but what do you folks think Green Lantern's costume should look like?

See, I'm usually fairly open-minded about changes to costume to fit into the movie world. But there's something about Green Lantern's costume that I really like, that just makes me think they should go the Spider-Man/Superman route of a faithful spandex recreation.

That's cool.

I always imagined a poster where a bunch of fist are in front of the symbol and there's a big tagline. JOIN THE CORPS SUMMER 20??

Now that's more like it!!!

I always wanted to see them give away a bunch of glow in the dark GL rings so people in the audience can have them when Hal says the oath.

Joshua Jackson for Hal. As I stated in a previous thread, he's worked with Greg Berlanti before on Dawson's Creek, and was a finalist for Chris Nolan's Batman.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"