The Green Lantern movie thread

Iceman23088

Civilian
Reaction score
I wanted to start this thread b/c i beleive The Green Lantern could be a really successful movie. I wanna start by discussing what green lantern should be introduced or be the main character?

I always thought starting off with hal jordan and then introducing Kyle Rayner as Hal Jordan becomes parallax. your thoughts plz.

doing a search will give you 4 pages of Green Lantern threads in this forum alone.

All I know is that this movie has been in production hell. If this ever get's made I think it will be after Batman The Dark Knight suppose to be Summer of 2008 and Superman The Man of Steel Summer of 2009. I am just glad that they cancelled Jack Black being in the movie. It would have been horrible and worse than Elektra and Catwoman.

Anyways I believe that it would have Hal Jordan since he is the most well known and probally keep it on him. Leonardo Dicaprio is my pick to play Hal Jordan Green Lantern. He has proven to be a actor that can play many different roles. He played the conman in Catch Me If You Can though later he worked with the FBI so then a reformed criminal, a mercanary that is driven to get out off Africa coming to terms with a really hard decision in Blood Diamond, the highly successful Aviator Filmmaker Howard Hughes where he had to come to terms with his personal demons of trying to control everthing and imagining things that wern't there and to make one successful airplane that would actually fly in the Aviator, he has to face more of his own demons in The Departed where he is a undercover cop trying to aid in bringing down Costello while still trying to keep him from discovering who he really is. He has also proven he can play in Tv on the small screen with a early role in the successful family tv series Growing Pains. He played Howard Hughes so well that he earned a Oscar nomination and had two other Oscar nominations. He is perfect for the role. I read from a website that this movie is in the script stage.

How come no one says "This Month's Green Lantern Movie Thread?" Wouldn't that be more accurate? Or even "A GL Movie Thread" does EVERYONE who makes one assume that no other has ever been made? That's incredible, honestly...

To anyone that has not read a comic - I think John Stewart is the most well known GL.

If you are talking about the currunt generation of DC Cartoons yes it is John Stewart who was shown in Justice League and Justice League Unlimited.

If this was made in the 70s then I think Robert Di Niro or John Travolta would play the evil Sinestro. Though both have the acting chops to bring both are way to old to play him. If it was the 80s I think might have choosen Tommy Lee Jones.
Who should play Sinestro? I think that they might get an unknown to play him. Cillian Murphy except he can't because he is curruntly the Scarecrow in the new Batman Begin's series. He has to be a little skinny than the guy playing Hal Jordan and around about 6ft6 which is what Sinestro height is listed as. The makeup for Sinestro might take a long time.

If you are talking about the currunt generation of DC Cartoons yes it is John Stewart who was shown in Justice League and Justice League Unlimited.

Yea - thats what I am saying. I think if WB is going to go with a character based on his popularity, it will be John Stewart.

Though for them to get in the Corps it seems like it would stay on Hal Jordan since the Green Lantern was revamped and they introduced the Corps. More people are going to know Hal Jordan even if they have not picked up a Comic Book when they see him in the new animated DC comics movie Justice League New Frontier.

Well, if it's as big as Marvel's Animated movies... then, no... most people won't know him or recognize him... especially over Stewart. And this isn't "Showcase #22" the movie...

I will be posting the name of scenes and descriptions for a Green Lantern movie.

I will be posting the name of scenes and descriptions for a Green Lantern movie.

Yea - thats what I am saying. I think if WB is going to go with a character based on his popularity, it will be John Stewart.

But they shouldn't be going based off popularity, since no Green Lantern is really "popular". Hal Jordan is largley unheard of, and John Stewart is slightly less unheard of.

I mean, it would be one thing if Hal Jordan was the most obscure character in comics and John Stewart was a household name, but the two hold a very minor difference in popularity. And with Jordan being the main GL used in all of DC's upcoming animated films (New Frontier and Green Lantern/Green Arrow in particular), the gap will close even more.

I've argued this a thousand times, and I dont want to really get into it again, so all i'll say is that Hal should be the main character because it's the logical starting point. His origin suits the introduction of the GL concept better, and since he comes before the others, this allows sequels to cover nearly all of them.

Just think about it for a second. If you start with Hal, you can always do a movie with John or Kyle next, but if you start with John or Kyle, the opportunity for a Hal Jordan movie is pretty much gone (unless you wanna do a prequel which just seems like a dumb idea).

As for casting, Nathan Fillion would be the ideal Green Lantern.

018_nathanfillion_ingoodcompanypr.jpg

Can anyone honestly disagree?
http://images.zap2it.com/20041207/ingoodcompanypr/018_nathanfillion_ingoodcompanypr.jpg

^ Yes me. I think he would make a better Captain America and besides he's too old if they are going for sequels.

he's early 30s, and Hal should be in his 30s IMO, so age shouldn't be an issue

correction: he's 36... which I think is a great age for Hal... he's not supposed to be a kid, plus it would make for a better dynamic with a young Kyle in the sequels... that way you could have Fillion (who would be about 40 in a sequel) alongside a 20-something Kyle, which makes a lot more sense than two 25 year olds running around

I think Joquain Pheonix would be a perfect Hal Jordan. Fine actor, good look for the part, right age. Fillon would be a good choice as well. I did have a dream that Mark Wallberg was cast as Hal. Could be worse I suppose.

The villain should definatly be Sinestro. There are quite a few people I can see doing that part well, my pick is Hugo Weaving though. He proved he can be a bad, sadistic, relentless villain in The Matrix.

For Caroll Ferris, I'd cast Jenefer Connoly (sp?). Thats who I think of when I picture the film anyway

Well, Ed Norton is gone, so there's the best choice for Hal. I liked the Nathan Fillon suggestion...But I see him as more of a Kyle Rayner...Despite the age.

If not Hugo Weaving for Sinestro possibly Adrien Brody? If he could play a villian though.

I think Joquain Pheonix would be a perfect Hal Jordan. Fine actor, good look for the part, right age. Fillon would be a good choice as well. I did have a dream that Mark Wallberg was cast as Hal. Could be worse I suppose.

The villain should definatly be Sinestro. There are quite a few people I can see doing that part well, my pick is Hugo Weaving though. He proved he can be a bad, sadistic, relentless villain in The Matrix.

For Caroll Ferris, I'd cast Jenefer Connoly (sp?). Thats who I think of when I picture the film anyway

I would agree with you on Jennifer Connoly for Caroll Ferris. She has the look and has played the super hero's girlfriend really great in The Rocketeer. She has shown she play serious characters especially since I saw her in the intense movie Blooddiamond where she played a tough deticated reporter that wanted to get the truth and be sure rather than just print something. Caroll Ferris is another serious role that she could pull off.

But they shouldn't be going based off popularity, since no Green Lantern is really "popular". Hal Jordan is largley unheard of, and John Stewart is slightly less unheard of.

I mean, it would be one thing if Hal Jordan was the most obscure character in comics and John Stewart was a household name, but the two hold a very minor difference in popularity. And with Jordan being the main GL used in all of DC's upcoming animated films (New Frontier and Green Lantern/Green Arrow in particular), the gap will close even more.

I've argued this a thousand times, and I dont want to really get into it again, so all i'll say is that Hal should be the main character because it's the logical starting point. His origin suits the introduction of the GL concept better, and since he comes before the others, this allows sequels to cover nearly all of them.

Just think about it for a second. If you start with Hal, you can always do a movie with John or Kyle next, but if you start with John or Kyle, the opportunity for a Hal Jordan movie is pretty much gone (unless you wanna do a prequel which just seems like a dumb idea).

I can't disagree he does have the acting chops, talent, and looks to pull Hal Jordan the Green Lantern off. His hair color from what I saw in Firefly and Serinity is brown the same has Hal. All that is left is probally for him to gain some more muscel.

I can't disagree he does have the acting chops, talent, and looks to pull Hal Jordan the Green Lantern off. His hair color from what I saw in Firefly and Serinity is brown the same as Hal. All that is left is probally for him to gain some more muscel.

Why? because you and a few kids saw him on TV?
Justice League and Justice League Unlimited was far from a hit show, it did good but it was still a kid's show, on a kid's network..

Im danm shure that if you do a survey most peoiple will say Hal jordan, and a few collage kids will say John Stewart confusing him with Jon stewart

The intersting part about Nathin Fillion is he was choice you could vote on for Wizard Magizine. It was asking you to vote who should play these Super Heros on the big screen. It was posted January 12, 2007.

http://www.wizarduniverse.com/magazine/wizard/003027749.cfm
There is the link

The 4 choices for Green Lantern Hal Jordan are
A.Jamie Bamber
B.Eric Dane
C. Nathan Fillion
D. Josh Duhamel

I would go with Nathin Fillion. I saw him in Serinity where he reprised his role from the short lived Tv Series Firefly and showed he could play a confident alpha male leader and a bit over confident which covers a lot on Hal Jordan. He also has the look.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"