Vin Diesel to Headline Kojak Feature Film

Such a bizarre cinematic reboot to such a episodic TV show.

It would be like getting Helen Mirren to do a film version of 'Murder, She Wrote".
And Nick Nolte can headline the big screen version of Matlock.

I just think this is a weird reboot. Not to discount Telly or Kojak, but I don't know a single soul in ther 20's who has seen this. So who are they making this movie for?

A-Team made sense. Brady Bunch made sence. The upcoming McGuver film makes some sense.

Hell MacGyver left such a mark on our pop culture, especially our vocabulary when it comes to jerryrigging something.

I doubt they'll play up the remake aspect. It'll probably be more of a Shane Black type detective action comedy.

I just think this is a weird reboot. Not to discount Telly or Kojak, but I don't know a single soul in ther 20's who has seen this. So who are they making this movie for?

A-Team made sense. Brady Bunch made sence. The upcoming McGuver film makes some sense.

Hell MacGyver left such a mark on our pop culture, especially our vocabulary when it comes to jerryrigging something.

Yeah, Kojak's only real schticks were his cueball head, sucking on a lollipop, and saying, "Who loves ya, baby?" These days, bald actors are a dime a dozen, and a lead character (guy) sucking on a lollipop is bound to raise eyebrows.

What worked as a gimmick in 70s TV doesn't work so much as a 21st century feature. I think Starsky and Hutch proved that.

I think that Starsky and Hutch worked to a certain degree, but I'm not a fan of parodizing the source material like that. Either you play it straight (but still include comedic elements that's not insulting to the original show.) or you don't do it all.

The only exception would be the Brady Bunch movie.

Shhh you hear that noise? It's the sound of thousands of facepalms.

2w2moe8.jpg

:woot:

As long as he doesn't Hulk it we should be okay.

As long as he doesn't Hulk it we should be okay.

OH I HOPE HE DOES.

I know I've been waiting for a movie where I get to look at 14 different angles of Vin Diesel's face at the same time.

They're literally just pulling names out of a hat now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"