Virginia Tech Families Want a 9/11 Payout

isolated or not.. i feel like a murder, let alone 2 murders on the same day... is a big deal on a college campus

Yeah, it would be a big deal, it was horrible, but it was an isolated incident until 2 hours later, I doubt the guy left a note at the first murders saying this is only the begining. If you found two dead people would you automatically think the person the killed them is gonna kill 20 more in two hours.

This whole thing sucks the high hard one and I hope that it gets resolved as quickly as possible so people can move on

Yeah, it would be a big deal, it was horrible, but it was an isolated incident until 2 hours later, I doubt the guy left a note at the first murders saying this is only the begining. If you found two dead people would you automatically think the person the killed them is gonna kill 20 more in two hours.
Agreed.
There was still the very real fact that they were starting to believe it was a murder suicide. So, they weren't even sure they should be looking for another person.

Having said that, a University is a business. I have had some dealings with businesses and how they think. There is an issue of monetary concern for any business when something like this happens; and too often, they allow these concerns to drive the decisions they make. If this can be shown to be the reasons that responses to the threat were slow, then MAYBE there should be some criminal negligence. But this would have to be PROVEN, not just CLAIMED.

They are not going to get anything.The country watched them,and now they are old news..no one cares.

no but id def be scared and want to know about it

Times like this I absolutely hate American culture :down

Times? I hate American culture all the time. What's really disgusting is that these ******s are comparing themselves to the 9/11 widows. These families punk kids didn't die because they were sifting through millions of tons of debris as they searched for survivors. Last time I checked those kids just sat there as some dumb ass shot them...

This is utterly ridiculous. The school isn't responsible for their kid's deaths. You can't predict every time some nut is gonna go ape-**** on people. The fact they'd ask for money for this is disgraceful and pathetic.

The school should have shut down before Cho came in the school again, and they do deserve a payout. But nowhere near that much. They're just being greedy.

The school should have shut down before Cho came in the school again, and they do deserve a payout. But nowhere near that much. They're just being greedy.

Then what's next? I suppose we'll pay off people every time their loved one gets murdered?

Seriously, just stop while you're ahead. No one is trying to say this isn't a tragedy. But there's no way it could've been prevented as no one expected it to happen. If I'm not mistaken this is the first college shooting to ever happen in America. Do you see the people of Columbine asking for 9/11 like payments?

There have been other shootings on college campuses. 2 of the more infamous ones were the shootings at the University of Texas where 16 people were killed (the deadliest one until Virginia Tech) in 1966, and the Kent State shooting in 1970.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18137414/

The increase in campus security should happen anyway, regardless of the parents wanting money.

The money aspect is kinda fishy

Main difference between 9/11 and this is that... I'm assuming a lot of parents died during 9/11, the money was most likely needed to keep families afloat till they figured out a way to stablized there financial situations, I doubt many in this tragedy are dealing with sometype of financial crisis...

Main difference between 9/11 and this is that... I'm assuming a lot of parents died during 9/11, the money was most likely needed to keep families afloat till they figured out a way to stablized there financial situations, I doubt many in this tragedy are dealing with sometype of financial crisis...

That and a lot of the wives of the firefighters were stay at home.

I didn't read this whole thread. But if anyone has to pay it should be the school. I don't think a payout is necessary. Didn't the school pay for the funerals?

Then what's next? I suppose we'll pay off people every time their loved one gets murdered?

Has the hunter become the hippie?

Well, it's pretty damn obvious that if the school shut down and tightened security more the number of deaths would have gone down. The amount these people are asking is just plain greedy and as movies said, not a lot of families will suffer a financial crisis from their deaths, but some form of compensation should be done, just nowhere near the amount they want.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"