Virginia Tech Families Want a 9/11 Payout

People who don't think things through before saying stuff like this, and have low knowledge about such events, disgust me. ^

Patent Pending, since SBL posted before I did.

People seem to be glossing over the fact that the families want to also raise funds for the development of campus security across the nation. But no, everyone skips over that and thinks they just want to make quick easy money on this. Thats bull****. Who the **** are we to judge how this tragedy affected their lives? And what do you expect them to be compensated with? A "Sorry" letter? What happened was inexcusable along with the scale of it. It shouldn't have happened to the degree it did.

I also love how the title of thread was put. Take something out of context and than exaggerate on it. You people disgust me.
alright :huh:

People seem to be glossing over the fact that the families want to also raise funds for the development of campus security across the nation. But no, everyone skips over that and thinks they just want to make quick easy money on this. Thats bull****. Who the **** are we to judge how this tragedy affected their lives? And what do you expect them to be compensated with? A "Sorry" letter? What happened was inexcusable along with the scale of it. It shouldn't have happened to the degree it did.

You people disgust me.

they do just wanna make a quick and easy buck. they can just go to thier senators and reps of thier state and get it done. how the hell are funds suppose to raise campus security across the nation?! thatsa pretty big ass expense that i doubt would be paid for by thier funds. its the government's job.

and who the **** are they to put a price on thier deceased ones? get over yourself buddy.

they do just wanna make a quick and easy buck. they can just go to thier senators and reps of thier state and get it done. how the hell are funds suppose to raise campus security across the nation?! thatsa pretty big ass expense that i doubt would be paid for by thier funds. its the government's job.

and who the **** are they to put a price on thier deceased ones? get over yourself buddy.

agreed

You can say the same thing over the families getting compensated for any tragedy, any accident, so don't go that route. Thats a cop out. And how the hell is wanting to try and make improvements to campus security a way of just making a quick and easy buck? Because thats what they want to try and do. Thats what some of the compensation is going to go towards.

They should offer them a check, then when they come to pick it up give it to Darfur refugees who watched thousands of their people die.

omg pwnage.

People seem to be glossing over the fact that the families want to also raise funds for the development of campus security across the nation. But no, everyone skips over that and thinks they just want to make quick easy money on this. Thats BS. Who the **** are we to judge how this tragedy affected their lives? And what do you expect them to be compensated with? A "Sorry" letter? What happened was inexcusable along with the scale of it. It shouldn't have happened to the degree it did.

I also love how the title of thread was put. Take something out of context and than exaggerate on it. You people disgust me.

Since when did you become so sentimental? No one is downplaying the tragedy of Virginia Tech. What happened was a shocking event that never should'ven taken place. However why do they deserve money? Money is not going to bring back a lost friend or a lost family member.

I never understood why people sued certain individuals after a loved one passes on accidently. I look at it in the sense that money is not going to make the pain go away. Money is not going to turn back time and make it to where it didn't happen.

You disgust me with your jumping to conclusions and your constant misinformation in terms of not wanting to educate yourself or actually read/comprehend certain thoughts. As GAH said, get over yourself already.

You know I just don't get some people these days, I just don't. Put yourself in their shoes for a second. This wasn't something like a car accident. This is murder. Its not accidental.

You can say the same thing over the families getting compensated for any tragedy, any accident, so don't go that route. Thats a cop out. And how the hell is wanting to try and make improvements to campus security a way of just making a quick and easy buck? Because thats what they want to try and do. Thats what some of the compensation is going to go towards.

Please. Not to sound like a prick, but if the families receive the money it's going into their pockets and going towards nothing to help improve the security system.

This is something the government should look into. You ask your senators and other politicians to look into improving the state of security on the college campus.

You know I just don't get some people these days, I just don't. Put yourself in their shoes for a second. This wasn't something like a car accident. This is murder. Its not accidental.

My Aunt Jean was killed by her boyfriend before he killed himself. Do I go sue his family members because they didn't do anything to stop it? :dry:

Seriously, just stop while you're ahead. No one is trying to say this isn't a tragedy. But there's no way it could've been prevented as no one expected it to happen. If I'm not mistaken this is the first college shooting to ever happen in America. Do you see the people of Columbine asking for 9/11 like payments?

Different circumstances. It does make a difference, but you don't take that into account for whatever reason.

My Aunt Jean was killed by her boyfriend before he killed himself. Do I go sue his family members because they didn't do anything to stop it? :dry:

Seriously, just stop while you're ahead. No one is trying to say this isn't a tragedy. But there's no way it could've been prevented as no one expected it to happen. If I'm not mistaken this is the first college shooting to ever happen in America. Do you see the people of Columbine asking for 9/11 like payments?
The families aren't suing the family of Cho, though.
They aren't suing anybody.
It's not like the fund will make Virginia go bankrupt.

no actually you can't say that about any tragedy. if a hospital mistakenly cut off a woman limbs because of switched papersdor whatever, then its directly the hospitals fault and she should get compensated.

a school shooting is unpredictable and was'nt the direct cause of the school. so yeah the shooter did have more time, what if he did'nt what if it all ended ta the first people he shot, should those peeps should've been compensated?!

and its just going to take alot more then a measely 5 mill or 10 mill to develope campus secuirty across the nation. again funds are'nt feasible.
clearly somebody did'nt do bother todo the math and see taht it'll be better to have the government do it.

they should just go to thier state senators and reps to get it done.

they should'nt get a pay off at all. parents died in 9/11, wives were left without husbands to take care of them(especially if only one person was working). that pay off was'nt because of the tragedy, but because that it affected the ones involved thier livilihood.

The families aren't suing the family of Cho, though.
They aren't suing anybody.
It's not like the fund will make Virginia go bankrupt.

Again, why ask for money? Is it going to change what happened? Why ask for a 9/11 payout? Only way I'd understand it is if they used the money to help improve security issues on the campus.

People seem to be glossing over the fact that the families want to also raise funds for the development of campus security across the nation. But no, everyone skips over that and thinks they just want to make quick easy money on this. Thats BS. Who the **** are we to judge how this tragedy affected their lives? And what do you expect them to be compensated with? A "Sorry" letter? What happened was inexcusable along with the scale of it. It shouldn't have happened to the degree it did.

It wouldn't be an issue if they wanted to money to better school security across the nation. That would be admirable.

It's the fact they want to make sure they get their cut that makes it dubious.

Don't try to rationalize with Sunrise, thats a lost cause. Something could have been done, the shootings were freaking hours apart from each other.

Key word

I understand all of your arguments, and I think they're valid.
I just don't like how some of the people in this thread are making these people out to be villains, when they truly are not.

Do you know someone who died in the massacre?
No, I bet you don't.
I do.
They deserve the money, because the school failed to notice the things that lead up to that day and failed to protect the students and react appropriately.

Even if that were true what the hell does this have to do with 911? Sue the goddamn school if you feel your son or daughter was wronged by campus security.

Even if that were true what the hell does this have to do with 911? Sue the goddamn school if you feel your son or daughter was wronged by campus security.
I dunno...
I never said it had any connection 9/11.:huh:
Suing the school will do nothing but make it harder for better security to be accessed. They don't have the funds like the state does.

I dunno...
I never said it had any connection 9/11.:huh:

My reply was a partial response to the topic and your post. I badly butchered the post.

Suing the school will do nothing but make it harder for better security to be accessed. They don't have the funds like the state does.

Better security will happen as a result of what has happened. Losing millions from being sued is just more incentive. Suing the state is sort of ridiculous.

greed... that's all this is.

you want to raise money for campus security all across the nation? well. that all fine and noble i guess, but what about when a shooting happens at a baskin robin's? you want some of that money to go to hire security there, too?

shootings can happpen anywhere, and these people are not entitled to a dime, nor are the 9/11 "survivors"

People seem to be glossing over the fact that the families want to also raise funds for the development of campus security across the nation.

I can understand what you're saying, but people also tend to gloss over the fact that something like this is such a rare occurance that people just don't really know what to do in that sort of situation. It's called panic.

I mean, what are they going to do to improve security? Add metal detectors, maybe some cameras. All that will do is make people feel more secure, and become dependent on those things. What will happen if someone makes it around those new security measures? The same thing can happen again, everyone will just be in disbelief that it happened and still be unsure of what to do. Sure we can learn from past mistakes, I'm not saying that improving security is a bad idea, just remember that both sides are human so the people commiting these crimes can learn as well.

Until something like this becomes a normal thing (god forbid) there will be situations like this just because nobody believes it can happen at their school. Don't misjudge, I'm not trying to be morbid, just honest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"