Sequels Visual Effects in Avengers Sequels

KTKomedy2813

Civilian
Reaction score
Hey, since "The Avengers 2" is coming up, I feel we should discuss who should provide visual effects for the sequels.

ILM and Weta, the two main effects vendors in the first one, would be key in helping out on the visual effects in the next film, and Luma Pictures, Digital Domain, [hy*drau"lx] and Method Studios could help out, too, but I kinda feel that effects companies like Tippett Studio, Moving Picture Company, Cinesite and Atomic Fiction giving a hand to the effects in the next films we'll see, like with Tippett helping ILM, Weta and Luma in creating much of the effects, focusing mostly on creature effects as well as having its own sequence it can do all the effects in, and Atomic Fiction sharing digital environment and vehicle/ship visual effects.

Who do you think should return to do the effects in the Avengers sequels, and who do you want to join the Avengers initiative (so to speak) and help on the visual effects?

I'm sure they will tag team it again...and even though ILM is now in house they have Star Wars ep. 7 to work on....so I'm sure some of the other studios will be hired as support.

I would love to work on it though, I'm actually going back to school for it. I figured by the time I'm done it'll be around the time all these giant movies come out in 2015 so hopefully I can land a job ha.

I made a discussion topic here, and no one's got anything relevant to say?

If the next film's going cosmic this film will have much more trouble with the special effects.

Anyone got a comment for this?

I made a discussion topic here, and no one's got anything relevant to say?

Hold your horses there, fella!

I don't see why ILM and Weta wouldn't be able to handle the bulk of it. They've worked on huge films before. I wouldn't think you'd want to put too many cooks in the kitchen. That's my only thought off the top of my head.

I think it depends on the availability of the visual effects houses by 2014-early 2015 when the film starts post-production. WETA might be too consumed with the intensive post-production phase on Avatar 2 and Avatar 3 (assuming Cameron does shoot late next year) to handle a lot of the CGI work.

I think ILM and Digital Domain are a given, even with the latter recently exiting bankruptcy. MPC and Double Negative are also strong possibilities, too. Tippett Studio and Cinesite will be the ones hired at the last minute to complete the final shots, but they probably won't be the main visual effects vendors on Avengers 2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"