Voltron: Legendary Defender

GamerSlyRatchet

Sidekick
Reaction score
The newest version of Voltron will be coming to Netflix on June 10th. It looks interesting, and it seems to have a lot of people who worked on The Legend of Korra in it (directors, writers, Studio Mir).

Here's a new article with a new trailer in it, and a comprehensive interview about the general direction of the show.

It looks cool. Thanks for sharing.

Looks promising, will look into it.

I watched the original GoLion the other week.

I wonder if they are going to keep the spiritual aspect of the original version?

I watched the original GoLion the other week.

I wonder if they are going to keep the spiritual aspect of the original version?

I wouldn't be surprised if they mined some content from it. They already replaced Sven with Shiro as a nod to Shirogane from GoLion.

I wouldn't be surprised if they mined some content from it. They already replaced Sven with Shiro as a nod to Shirogane from GoLion.

I hope so. Since this is the team behind Korra, the spirituality was one of the best parts in the Avatar cartoons.

Why can't Netflix just pair with Nickelodeon to bring us a new Avatar cartoon as well as this this?

As someone who grew up with, enjoyed, and still remembers the original series (and watched and enjoyed its CGI sequel series Voltron: The Third Dimension), the trailer for this show looks and sounds awesome.

June 10th can't get here fast enough as far as I'm concerned.

Why can't Netflix just pair with Nickelodeon to bring us a new Avatar cartoon as well as this this?

Bryan and Mike are off doing new projects, and I think the latter is actually doing a Korra comic later this year. I'm just grateful they got everyone else for this.

Plus Viacom has a very hostile relationship with Netflix right now. It's one of the reasons why they pulled all Nick content so quick.

wait?? did they change the look of Princess Allura entirely?

Love the website. I'm looking forward to this.

I had a feeling that they were going to do a Voltron story where Sven/ Shiro was the leader of the group and piloted the Black Lion while Keith piloted the Red Lion and Lance piloted the Blue Lion until something happens to Sven/ Shiro that would cause Keith to become the new leader of Voltron force and Black Lion pilot.

Based on the trailer and clips, I am loving what I'm seeing as this is likely going to be better than the last Voltron series, Voltron Force.

I like the new Princess Allura and her story. She could takeover the Blue Lion, pilot the Red Lion, or pilot the Black Lion after something happens to Sven/ Shiro. She did pilot the Black Lion before in the original series.

I love this new version of Keith - cold-blooded and hot-headed loner.

Allura's new look reminds me a lot of Kida from Disney's Atlantis.

They've already given Allura a "battle uniform" that evokes her pink uniform from the original series, so it seems very unlikely that they have any plans to change the team dynamics or Lion/uniform colors, at least in Season 1.

They've already given Allura a "battle uniform" that evokes her pink uniform from the original series, so it seems very unlikely that they have any plans to change the team dynamics or Lion/uniform colors, at least in Season 1.

Season 1 may be the backstory of the Voltron mythos we know.

It looks like this will be a nod to the original Voltron's first season when they didn't have Lotor and I'm glad they didn't have Lotor after how the Voltron Force series portrayed him like a joke.

In the original GoLion series, Shiro had a younger brother. I wonder if that will come into play later in this series. Could this younger brother be Sven?

The pilot is a good start. Good animation. Will be interested to see how the season progresses.

This has been very enjoyable, so far I'm 4 episodes in.

I'm on ep.8. Been enjoying it for the most part.

I was surprised what they did witha certain character
making Pidge into a female

Hopefully that doesn't affect Alura's role in the future with one of the Lions.

FYI, Norman Reedus voices an alien in episode six.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"