Volume 3 Spoilers and Plans

i thought the same thing because other wise each time ted use his power his hands would get burnt plus sort of how Meredith doesn't get burnt by her own flame

In the original unaired pilot, the exploding man was actually supposed to be a muslim terrorist, the writers decided that it was a little to much for TV, and a little to cliche "muslim superhuman terrorist that is a human bomb" yea to much. Anyway thats besides the point, I watched the pilot and the muslims hands where all disfigured, because originally the exploding man was supposed to be vulnerable to his own powers. They ended up scraping the exploding muslim and the vulnerability, also Molly would have never existed if they chose to keep the muslim, originall Matt Parkman was supposed to find a hiding terrorist in the first episode, instead they changed it to Matt finding Molly and eventually meeting Ted, since Matt's story was originally intended to me intermingled with the muslim terrorist.

I always assumed that in the five years gone time line he hadn't met up with Claire. But the reason Peter explodes is due to absorbing teds power and ted pretty much blew up at the bennet house hold and was still ok after!? Maybe they can't be affected by their own power?

Ted never went nuclear at the Bennet's house. If you remember correctly Claire hit him with the needle before he could go boom. However, Peter completely exploded.

1) Why did Peter have to have the scar in between the train and Homecoming? If Claire died at homecoming (which she did) that scar Peter had could've came at any point in time, I'm guessing it had to be before the bomb went off because that is where Peter and Hiro really first meet, so if Hiro only remembered him with a scar he had to have had it by the explosion but not homecoming.

2) No he never came into contact with Claire, in that alternate future "5 Years Gone" Peter was not told by a "future Hiro" to ever "save the cheerleader" so she was never saved.

3) My theory is when Peter exploded, Peter's body never actually exploded. I came to that conclusion because in season 2 we find out that for anybody like Claire, Adam (Takezo), or Peter with regenerative healing, there is no healing when you lose your head. If Peter's body exploded theoretically his healing factor would not beable to bring him back. Peter got those powers from Ted, Ted didn't have regerative healing but he could still explode.

4) It is not a plot hole, it is an alternate future where things happened differently, it's pretty simple, Future Peter never had healing abilities.

Claire never died at homecoming, whether it be the present or alternate future. If you remember Sylar killed Claire in the alternate future, after he posed at Nathan. And in that alternate future Peter must of had her regenerative power because he exploded. He admitted to Nikki, who was his gf at the time, that is was he and not Sylar who exploded.

Like I said previously, Ted never went completely nuclear like Peter did. If he did, then there would have been more then just a house fire at the Bennet's. He would have taken out the whole town.

And I'm not suggesting that when Peter explodes, his body goes flying in a million pieces. I agree that he emits the radioactive blast, more like a soundwave. But the heat alone from it damn near killed Nathan, who has no regenerative ability. So I still think Peter needed the regenerative power to survive the blast. If Kring comes out and says he doesn't then I will admit I am wrong. But until then, I am leaning towards the plothole theory.

Also some people had said that the whole scar thing came from being slashed by like his brother or mother with a piece of glass that was lodged in his head that made him lose control and blow up.... thus leaving an 'emotional' scar which manifested in that never healing with Claire's power.

Of course that was at best a rumor and never did happen or referenced to have happened. And heck I could have just made that up with thinking I heard it somewhere.

When in doubt, blame Heroes' Wiki.

Ted is immune to his own power, so why wouldn't Peter be?

If that is the case, then I missed that somewhere along the line and stand corrected. I just never saw Ted go full bown nuclear and explode like Peter did. This still doesn't explain how Peter got the scar, which was my original issue.

who knows, he might've got it afterwards.

or maybe it's a mental thing, and the scar came from the explosion, but it didn't heal because Peter wanted it as a reminder. Or it's a subconscious thing where his guilt didn't allow him to.

Ted put out enough radiation on a few occasions that if it were going to affect him it would have. The whole 'exploding man' thing was a misinterpretation by the characters of what actually happened.

I like the whole concept of it not healing for a reminder to Peter what happened and what he did.

I'll try and track this down, but when the scar was in play last season the writers said somewhere and maybe even Kring said this too, that the scar would be addressed in the 5th season and that it had been planned out.

Found it, this was taken from Comicbookresources, weekly heroes feature with the writers, called Behind the Eclipse. Anyways here was the question and answer.

Matthew H has a question about Peter. "This is in regards to the 'scar' mentioned by Future Hiro in Chapter Five, 'Hiros.' If Peter has acquired the spontaneous tissue regeneration' from Claire, how is it possible for Peter to be scarred, marked, or otherwise altered?"

Matthew, we get that question form the network very often. We're going to give you the same response they get - "You will find out in Season 5". We're serious.
http://www.comicbookresources.com/news/newsitem.cgi?id=10359

Yeah i remember reading something about that now that you mention it...

^Yeah right, "Season 5", if they get there, cause it's not guaranteed. Anyway, the show has plenty of plotholes, as any other show, nobody is perfect. :cwink:

If Smallville can get 7 seasons, Heroes can easily get 5.

^ Is not that simple, big national networks have higher expectations, while SV is the highest rated series of the CW (a small network).

I'll try and track this down, but when the scar was in play last season the writers said somewhere and maybe even Kring said this too, that the scar would be addressed in the 5th season and that it had been planned out.

Found it, this was taken from Comicbookresources, weekly heroes feature with the writers, called Behind the Eclipse. Anyways here was the question and answer.

Matthew H has a question about Peter. "This is in regards to the 'scar' mentioned by Future Hiro in Chapter Five, 'Hiros.' If Peter has acquired the spontaneous tissue regeneration' from Claire, how is it possible for Peter to be scarred, marked, or otherwise altered?"

Matthew, we get that question form the network very often. We're going to give you the same response they get - "You will find out in Season 5". We're serious.

Nice find. The scar thing was always one of them small unsolved mysteries,that I wanted to figure out anyways.

Ted's whole thing wouldn't kill him cuz of his nuclear crap also gave him some immunity to it. Peter would have had an explosion around in him not from the inside out. so he's still in one piece... or a plot hole

leave the scar alone- let him stay pretty:(

In season 1, future Hiro appeared to Peter on the train and mentioned Peter "looked different without his scar".............do you guys think we'll see a scared Peter in any upcoming seasons?

No it's a reference to the peter of future hiro's timeline who had a giant scar on his face

In that timeline he never met claire so didn't have healing, hence why hiro had to come back and give peter the warning

Peter will not be picking up any scars any time soon

What's so hard to understand about that???? :huh:

In season 1, future Hiro appeared to Peter on the train and mentioned Peter "looked different without his scar".............do you guys think we'll see a scared Peter in any upcoming seasons?
yes. IIRC, Kring and the writers say it'll be Season 5.

edit: yep. Matthew H has a question about Peter. "This is in regards to the 'scar' mentioned by Future Hiro in Chapter Five, 'Hiros.' If Peter has acquired the spontaneous tissue regeneration' from Claire, how is it possible for Peter to be scarred, marked, or otherwise altered?"

No it's a reference to the peter of future hiro's timeline who had a giant scar on his face

In that timeline he never met claire so didn't have healing, hence why hiro had to come back and give peter the warning

Peter will not be picking up any scars any time soon

What's so hard to understand about that???? :huh:

Except Peter had met Claire in that timeline, since she was alive. The future we saw isn't the same that Future Hiro originally came from, where the cheerleader was dead.

Basically, you have Future Hiro in an alternate world where the cheerleader was killed by Sylar. Hiro goes back to tell Peter to save her, and he does, but the future stays bad. Despite Peter saving Claire, the explosion still happens, and that's the future we saw. Eventually, the regular Hiro visits this world, then goes back and changes it so the explosion never happens.

So Peter will still be getting a scar. The writers said so, and since he did have healing powers they need to explain why he got the scar.

I like the Muslum terrorist concept, actually. Theres some evidence to suggest that these powers seem to manifest during particularly vulnerable times in a protective sort of way... Eden got her powers at the height of her parental abuse, causing he mom to literally drop dead, Candace got her powers as a teen while being chastised by prettier girls, etc.

So I think that if it was done tastefully and poetically, the exploding terrorist idea could have worked (say, for example, the terrorist didn't want to actually do it, but was being forced to, etc). But it would have taken some near-genius writing.

i hope Sylar kills Claire and her stupid family

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"