Vote on These Games (honest opinions)

DarkStorm12

Civilian
Reaction score
I made a bet about these games so please vote right and give opinions.

I realy need you people to vote you honest opinions because i made a bet with someone on these 2 popular games

DarkStorm12 said:
Dead or alive 4 or tekken 5

PS2/'TEKKEN 5' CAN'T TOUCH '360'/DOA4, GRAPHICALLY........THAT'S NOT EVEN UP FOR DISCUSSION. THE REST IS UP FOR GRABS......AND MOST HARDCORE "FIGHTER" FANS WILL SAY "NEITHER........'VIRTUA FIGHTER' IS >>>>>>> THAN EITHER". :o

Putting this in the X-Box forum probably isn't best for a balanced vote.

Dead or Alive obviously has the better graphics. Tekken 5 looks great, but it can't compete with a next-generation game in terms of graphics.

A good story is never really the strong point in a fighter, but I'll say Tekken. The characters have a bit more history to them.

Gameplay wise, I'd say Tekken 5 wins easily. It just has a bit more depth to its system than Dead or Alive, which was always supposed to be a more shallow experience.

THWIP* said:
PS2/'TEKKEN 5' CAN'T TOUCH '360'/DOA4, GRAPHICALLY........THAT'S NOT EVEN UP FOR DISCUSSION. THE REST IS UP FOR GRABS......AND MOST HARDCORE "FIGHTER" FANS WILL SAY "NEITHER........'VIRTUA FIGHTER' IS >>>>>>> THAN EITHER". :o
This is true. Virtua Fighter is by far the best of all fighters. Virtua Fighter 4 in particular broke new ground. Most fighters since have looked to copy many of its features.

Avalanche said:
Gameplay wise, I'd say Tekken 5 wins easily. It just has a bit more depth to its system than Dead or Alive, which was always supposed to be a more shallow experience.

I take it you don't play DOA 4 :dry:

Axid said:
I take it you don't play DOA 4 :dry:
I don't.

I only owned DOA and DOA 2, though I've played 3 and 4.

Perhaps saying 4 is shallow is a little harsh, but I do think Tekken is a series that has that extra bit of gameplay depth. An underlying nature that is more technical. It's one of the few fighters, along with Virtua Fighter, to have true competition potential.

Avalanche said:
I don't.

I only owned DOA and DOA 2, though I've played 3 and 4.

Perhaps saying 4 is shallow is a little harsh, but I do think Tekken is a series that has that extra bit of gameplay depth. An underlying nature that is more technical. It's one of the few fighters, along with Virtua Fighter, to have true competition potential.

well saying all this still look at the votes man. DOA4 is in the top spot of this thread so i dont think you know what your talking about ^&^

both the DOA and Tekken franchises suck. Mortal Kombat 4 Life, B**ch :mad:

DarkStorm12 said:
well saying all this still look at the votes man. DOA4 is in the top spot of this thread so i dont think you know what your talking about ^&^
DOA4 is at the winning this poll because it's in the Microsoft forum, where people prefer an X-Box to a Playstation.

A poll for true fans of the fight genre would see Tekken 5 come out on top.

DarkStorm12 said:
I made a bet about these games so please vote right and give opinions.
Are you using this thread to prove yourself right in a bet? If I were you fellow betting friend, I'd take issue with you putting this in a Microsoft forum where a lot of member won't even have played Tekken 5.

I say DOA4 kicks Tekken 5 butt all over the place, simply because of the 4 player tag battle mode. Plus they've also fixed a lot of gameplay and balance issues in this one, so hardcore fighting game players can appreciate it more. :up:

IGN scores:

Tekken 5 - 9.3
Dead or Alive 4 - 9.0

Gamespot scores:

Tekken 5 - 9.2
Dead or Alive 4 - 8.8

GameSpy scores:

Tekken 5 - 5/5
Dead or Alive 4 - 4.5/5

Tekken 5 wins out on all reviews.

Avalanche said:
IGN scores:

Tekken 5 - 9.3
Dead or Alive 4 - 9.0

Gamespot scores:

Tekken 5 - 9.2
Dead or Alive 4 - 8.8

GameSpy scores:

Tekken 5 - 5/5
Dead or Alive 4 - 4.5/5

It still doesn't have an insanely fun 4 player tag battle mode. Tekken fails. :down::o

Avalanche said:
IGN scores:

Tekken 5 - 9.3
Dead or Alive 4 - 9.0

Gamespot scores:

Tekken 5 - 9.2
Dead or Alive 4 - 8.8

GameSpy scores:

Tekken 5 - 5/5
Dead or Alive 4 - 4.5/5

Actually, there's about 55 reviews for both games, so your post fails :o

Axid said:
Actually, there's about 55 reviews for both games, so your post fails :o
All refers to all reviews in my post. By no stretch of the imagination does my post 'fail'.

I'm not about to hunt down the other 52 reviews, but I'm willing to bet the majority mirror the reviews I posted, with Tekken 5 coming out on top.

Like reviews even matter. I'm glad my movie choices aren't affected by "cinematic intellectuals"

Axid said:
Like reviews even matter.
They matter to an extent. They're not the be and end all by any means, but they do provide a census as to thoughts on the game.

Tekken 5 has better reviews than Dead or Alive 4. That's not to say we as individuals will agree with the assessment, particularly when the reviews are so close, but it is to say that the majority of people probably will prefer Tekken 5. Reviewers are still game players like us.

Tekken 5 got a slightly higher score because it was more impressive as a PS2 title than DOA4 was as a 360 title and because it has more depth, but that's an irrelevant point anyway since most hardcore players will pick Virtua Fighter over Tekken any day. But for pure, unadulterated multiplayer fun, DOA4 owns Tekken's ass and no amount of reviews is going to change that fact.

Fenrir said:
Tekken 5 got a slightly higher score because it was more impressive as a PS2 title than DOA4 was as a 360 title and because it has more depth, but that's an irrelevant point anyway since most hardcore players will pick Virtua Fighter over Tekken any day.
I agree. I much prefer Virtua Fighter over Tekken. That wasn't the question however. The choice was between Tekken and Dead or Alive.

But for pure, unadulterated multiplayer fun, DOA4 owns Tekken's ass and no amount of reviews is going to change that fact.
Dead or Alive may have the slight edge in terms of fun, but that alone doesn't necessarily make a better game. I suppose it depends what you're looking for in a fighter. The thread title didn't really specify.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"