Wakanda tech...

ZIPBAGS

Sidekick
Reaction score
I am not too familiar with the BP comics...But it seems that Wakanda is ridiculously advanced. Which would be fine except at the end they said they were going to share their advances.

So here is my question...Such radically advanced tech (way more than Stark's) would completely change the world (Marvel cinematic one). Hover planes, machines to cure paralysis and gun shot wounds in a day, etc. How will this affect future movies where this will be happenening.

I think in the MCU the world has been changing for a while now. This is just the next step and they'll need it for what's coming.

Yeah, I think the amount of carnage that the Thanos invasion will cause will necessitate some place like Wakanda to help rebuild the world.

To be honest, it requires a suspension of disbelief to watch the Netflix MCU shows and buy that NYC is pretty much the same as it is now after the Chitauri invasion.

YEAH the alien invasion would have definitely been QUITE the game changer.

Were the holograms of Wakanda built out of sand or a sand like substance? It didn’t look like light when you see a hologram close up.

Were the holograms of Wakanda built out of sand or a sand like substance? It didn’t look like light when you see a hologram close up.

Guessing Vibranium like the suit.

I'm sure they can explain a lot of it away by saying it will take years to update existing infrastructure with Wakandan tech.

I also don't think Wakanda would just hand over everything.

The idea for the holograms is that they are made up of finely shaved vibranium controlled by sound that has light projected onto it.

I'm sure they can explain a lot of it away by saying it will take years to update existing infrastructure with Wakandan tech.

I also don't think Wakanda would just hand over everything.

I am guessing that Thanos would want to take out Wakanda first instead of acting like a guerrilla fighter and taking on weaker nations first. Like Hammer started building things after Stark's technology became public knowledge some copies will get out into the rest of the MCU and we will treat it as a given like with quinjets.

Maybe that's what will kick off armour wars in the next iron man movie?

There was already a bunch of low level crooks in New York City running around with advanced technology thanks to Vulture's gang and Diamonback's outfit.

Hydra and Shield already have been shown to have some advanced technology.

It's more a question of if the average joe in the MCU is going to be shown benefiting from all this technology which I very much doubt because they still want Marvel to look like the world outside your window.

Since Shuri is only 16, there’s no way that she has been head of the Wakanda R&D team for too long. Is it possible that T’Challa was the head before her, especially since he designed his CW suit?

given that the Guardians are going to be coming to earth in the next movie, anyway, I'd say earths idea of what "advanced technology" is was about to be turned on its ear, either way... if anything allowing the world to be introduced to Wakanda tech, it's giving them just a small taste of the kind've technological advancements that are out there (that might help ease them into accepting the things there about to see)

where someone from Wakanda might look at Stark Tech and think its primitive... Rocket is going to look at Wakanda tech an be like...
QELRkSV.gif

so it's all kinda relative (it's not like this is the most advanced technology we've seen to date in the MCU)

Last edited:
I think that the world's tech level has been changing for a while already, in the movies. This will just accelerate it. . . though probably not enough to really make the world unrecognizable in the time frame of likely future movies.

My issue with the tech is that it's basically bordering on being magic. Vibranium seems to do everything and if it can solve just about every problem then there's nothing about it that's actually interesting.

To be honest, it requires a suspension of disbelief to watch the Netflix MCU shows and buy that NYC is pretty much the same as it is now after the Chitauri invasion.

Ha, that's true.

My issue with the tech is that it's basically bordering on being magic. Vibranium seems to do everything and if it can solve just about every problem then there's nothing about it that's actually interesting.

According to Arthur C Clarke's Third Law "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

According to Arthur C Clarke's Third Law "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

I could care less about that. It's uninteresting to me if it can solve so many problems.

I am guessing that Thanos would want to take out Wakanda first instead of acting like a guerrilla fighter and taking on weaker nations first. Like Hammer started building things after Stark's technology became public knowledge some copies will get out into the rest of the MCU and we will treat it as a given like with quinjets.

I don't think Thanos is trying to destroy Wakanda or anything else. He's coming for the infinity stones, and targeting the places where they can be found. (The Vision presumably is in New York, and judging by all the highly interactive conversations with dead people we saw in BP, the soul stone is buried somewhere in Wakanda.)

Yeah, I think the amount of carnage that the Thanos invasion will cause will necessitate some place like Wakanda to help rebuild the world.

At least Hell's Kitchen is significantly worse than it is in real life.

I think the issue is... Does this actually register to the average movie goer? The implications of the technology, not just in this film but all the MCU film. I have said this many times and will state it again, but think of Stark's Arc reactor tech. They have shown zero down side or complications that matter in its use. Okay... So Tony had issues because he had one imbedded in his freaking chest. That was an issue for him specifically. But otherwise... No it works fine and as shown with Iron Man's armor it works under all kinds of challenging conditions. How long has this revolutionary energy technology been around now in the MCU? Quite a few years. It's also been shown to the audience to be reliable. So... Why isn't the entirety of the U.S. not powered by this tech? Why are there no mass marketed Arc powered transportation options seen in the MCU? Stark is a patriot, no? A capitalist, yes? One could argue that he would be doing as much good if not more releasing this technology to the masses and upending the current systems of energy production than as a super hero.

Do we see that? No. And I am fine with that. It's frustrating but at the end of the day I don't think Marvel Studios is making these films as treatise on the application of fantasy based tech on the wider world hewing to a 100% airtight logic. That's not what the audience goes to these films for. There is also the simple fact that super heroes are a mythology of the "now", the present. These are stories that are in the end not so dissimilar to ancient mythology but instead of placing them in a long ago past, and even ancient people's view of their myths were foundational, taking place in a long ago age relative to their own time, super heroes are part of stories that take place in the present. So far more often than not they inhabit a world that looks and feels like the mundane one we live in. Given that... No, we aren't, unless it's tied directly into a given story's main plot perhaps, going to really see the effects the high tech fantasy elements in the MCU on the wider society in my view. So too with the wealth of advanced science that the Wakandans possess. What ever is done in the stories the full ramifications of the various technologies seen in the MCU are likely never really gonna be explored or given any real depth because such things actually would radically change the world and its status quo. Besides which, again... I don't think a lack of such depth is going to affect the audience. What I pointed out... That's just not the reason people go to these films. They either don't notice, don't care or if they do they hand wave it away as inconsequential to their enjoyment of these movies.

If there was a fourth Iron Man movie I think the plot could of been about Roxxon sending some super-powered mercs to either sabotage or steal Tony's arc reactor technology because it could put them out of business.

If there was a fourth Iron Man movie I think the plot could of been about Roxxon sending some super-powered mercs to either sabotage or steal Tony's arc reactor technology because it could put them out of business.

Didn't Ivan Vanko already duplicate that technology in Iron-Man 2?

given that the Guardians are going to be coming to earth in the next movie, anyway, I'd say earths idea of what "advanced technology" is was about to be turned on its ear, either way... if anything allowing the world to be introduced to Wakanda tech, it's giving them just a small taste of the kind've technological advancements that are out there (that might help ease them into accepting the things there about to see)

where someone from Wakanda might look at Stark Tech and think its primitive... Rocket is going to look at Wakanda tech an be like...
QELRkSV.gif

so it's all kinda relative (it's not like this is the most advanced technology we've seen to date in the MCU)

Well i think theres a point were if technology is advanced enough it all starts to blend and look like its on a very similar level. Like nanotech for example starlords helmet forms around his head and now tchallas helmet does the same. The tech level
Is the same the materials are different the methods to build it have to be really similar. Tony has created something the bleeding edge armor judging from the sb spot. And the antman tech is ridicolous although not as diverse as the other techs in the mcu. Ultimately the biggest difference is that the ttech in guardians is regular tech for them but is still pretty similar to wakandan tech in terms of advancement and to alesser axtent stark tech. So guardians tech in the end is not really much.more advanced than wakandas ( note that i said not.much more and not more) the diefference isbthat in guardians theres so many different races and tech designs that overwhelms the mind next to wakanda which is only one country with one design phylosophy and not hundreds

come to think of it... since Vibranium was mined from meteor, I wonder how much more of it is out there in the rest of the galaxy?

on Earth it is considered a rare/valuable material because of its very limited source... but, what if in the rest of the Galaxy is it a well known an commonly used material

there could be whole planet(s) made of the stuff...

just an interesting thought, in terms of comparing Wakanda tech to bigger picture/big universe

Last edited:
come to think of it... since Vibranium was mined from meteor, I wonder how much more of it is out there in the rest of the galaxy?

on Earth it is considered a rare/valuable material because of its very limited source... but, what if in the rest of the Galaxy is it a well known an commonly used material

there could be whole planet(s) made of the stuff...

just an interesting thought, in terms of comparing Wakanda tech to bigger picture/big universe

Could be but that would kinda undermine its uniqueness in the mcu and specifically wakanda. It would be cool if theres another race that has lots of it but the wakandan scientists have some how managed to develop better tech with it than others. But thats just wishfull thinking. Also wakandans seem to be ridiculously smart because it takes more than having access to a unique mineral to create technology like that. So their intellect is a mayor factor and not just having the metal. Im.sure shuris been the head of the WD group for only three or four years at the most. So the city and the ships and train most have existed for a long time. So there have always been lots of great scientist in wakanda. Maybe before becoming the BP tchalla was the head of the design group.

Last edited:
I think people are making the mistake of assuming that Wakanda giving aid means they're just going to be handing out tech and Virbranium all willy nilly.

Wakandan's don't horde vibranium for the financial benefits, they protect it because it's so dangerous. We already saw Ultron nearly destroy the planet with a relatively small amount of it. In it's raw form Vibranium is also highly radioactive to the point where it can cause local flora and fauna to mutate.

Wakanda sharing EVERYTHING with the rest fo the world would be like Tony giving every nation the blueprints to make their own Iron Man armor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"