Walt Disney acquires Lucasfilm

This is different though. Star Wars was bought by Disney, they own it fully. So they can take as long as they want.

Right got it. But i was just wondering when disney would own all of popculture.

This is crazy. Episodes VII - IX?!! I didn't expect that to ever come to fruition. This is something that just about every Star Wars fan has dreamt of. After Jedi, we all kind of knew the prequels were going to happen sooner than later. But actual sequels to the Original Trilogy? That was a whole lot of fantasizing and wishful thinking. And to top it off, Lucas is relinquishing directing and writing duties!

Perhaps this move will rekindle my love for the Star Wars franchise after the travesty of the prequels.

I love the Hayden force-ghost in ROTJ, one of my favorite changes, but I guess you have to like ROTS to enjoy that one. :)

Disney has always gotten by with a symbiotic practice but this new Disney is something else entirely.

...make your own ****.

I love the Hayden force-ghost in ROTJ, one of my favorite changes, but I guess you have to like ROTS to enjoy that one. :)

And I don't. That and it makes no sense. Luke never saw young Anakin so what would it matter? He would be like who the hell is that guy? That and why was Obi old and Anakin young? It made no sense to me. And was just pointless.

And I don't. That and it makes no sense. Luke never saw young Anakin so what would it matter? He would be like who the hell is that guy? That and why was Obi old and Anakin young? It made no sense to me. And was just pointless.

Couldn't have said it better. And why would Luke identify a young man around his age as his father, anyway? That makes no sense.

It was kind of nice seeing Anakin get to be himself again but at the same time it didn't make much sense. Lucas explained that Anakin Skywalker died when he became Vader so his force ghost was when this happened, when he was good. But wasn't he good Anakin when he through Palpatine down the endless shaft?

Amazing news!! I have faith these ones can be done well with new writing & direction. I knew this day would come!

Haha, go on Youtube and just type in lucasfilm and disney, and see the nerd response videos. Classic.

I've been waiting for 7 to be made for sooooooo long this fills me with great joy =)

And I hope this finally gets BF3 made!

How exactly does this effect Indy and Paramount?
From what I read, this deal includes Indy, but that franchise is still tied to Paramount for distribution as well (kinda like with the whole Marvel/Paramount situation). So if a new Indy film gets made, Disney will make it, Paramount will distribute.

From what I read, this deal includes Indy, but that franchise is still tied to Paramount for distribution as well (kinda like with the whole Marvel/Paramount situation). So if a new Indy film gets made, Disney will make it, Paramount will distribute.

I wonder though, because apparently IM3 is the last Marvel film that will have Paramount attached. From Thor 2 on all Marvel Studio films are just under Disney. So that may not be the case with Indy.

Disney may let Paramount have it for another flick or show or game, but they will get what's theirs eventually.

Totally a reality now:

[YT]t4_dZPVg8KI&feature=relmfu[/YT]

Someone here posted an article about how disney may never be able to put toghether a complete star wars video set down the road due to FOX owning the video rights to the first star wars in perpetuity.

I wonder though, because apparently IM3 is the last Marvel film that will have Paramount attached. From Thor 2 on all Marvel Studio films are just under Disney. So that may not be the case with Indy.
It's hard to tell from what they said. I know the deal definitely included Indiana Jones according to Variety, but...
"There are some encumbrances with Indiana Jones and that is from Paramount … We didn’t ascribe any value to the Indiana Jones franchise. It doesn’t factor into the equation with this acquisition....[but] There are far fewer encumbrances from when we bought Marvel."
http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/10...what-they-bought-indiana-jones-and-tv-series/

Paramount is getting the marquee credit and 9% of the box-office for Iron Man 3 (same thing as with The Avengers, even down to the Paramount home video logo opening), but they're not distributing or marketing the film themselves. They get paid for nothing, and letting Disney shoulder the whole P&A duties. A nice bonus for signing the last two MCU films over to Disney.

Solidus, I don't think we'll see the Disney logo on the marketing materials for Thor 2 onwards... just the Marvel logo. Not sure, but I didn't see either a Paramount logo or Disney logo on the title treatments or production art for that pic or Captain America 2.

I think if Lucasfilm and Disney can untangle the Indiana Jones mess, they'll probably co-produce the sequels with Paramount (Disney will probably distribute domestically, Paramount international). The legal snafus run deeper than the SW deals with Fox and WB. But even though Fox won't be personally involved with Episode VII, they'll probably get a similar deal Paramount got -- film and logo credit, and Disney's name is nowhere to be found save for the end credits.

Incredible news. Very excited!

Leia= Disney Princess?

I always knew we hadn't seen the last Star Wars movie. I figured GL would die and pass it on to his kids tho

Now you can get the When You Wish Upon a Star fanfare instead.

Disney has always gotten by with a symbiotic practice but this new Disney is something else entirely.

...make your own ****.
Disney tried to do that for a while. While it worked with the girls market with the Disney Princesses and Disney Fairies lines, they had no luck with the boys markets. Buying Marvel and LucasFilm has essentially allowed them to not only be a leading player in the boys market, but essentially the dominating force of the boys market.

Marvel and LucasFilm also allows them to be a major player in the adult male market. Before the Marvel and LucasFilm acquisitions, all Disney had for the adult male market was ESPN. But the rest of their adult content from their television shows on ABC and Lifetime was focused mostly for women.

52kso1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"