Walton Goggins to Star in 'L.A. Confidential' Reboot

Kaleb

2010 & 2018 SHHFFL Champion
Reaction score
Walton Goggins to Star in CBS' 'L.A. Confidential' Reboot

CBS' L.A. Confidential reboot is starting to take shape.

Justified favorite Walton Goggins, who fielded multiple offers this season, has become the first person cast in the network's drama pilot based on James Ellroy's novel. Additionally, Anna Fricke (The CW's Valor) has boarded the drama as an exec producer/co-showrunner.

CBS' L.A. Confidential is described as a 2018 treatment in terms of tone, music and style. The paths of three homicide detectives, a female reporter and an up-and-coming actress intersect while the detectives pursue a sadistic serial killer among the secrets and lies of glamorous and gritty 1950s Los Angeles.

Goggins will take on the role of Detective Jack Vincennes, who is described as all swagger and flash with a movie star smile. He knows how the system works and uses it to his best advantage, including some corrupt shakedowns on the side. Kevin Spacey played the role in the 1997 feature film, which was also based on Ellroy's book.

I'm keeping an eye on this show because I loved the movie. Walton Goggins as Vincennes is...unexpected? I don't really know what to make of that.

James Ellroy on network television?

200.gif

Goggins will take on the role of Detective Jack Vincennes, who is described as all swagger and flash with a movie star smile. He knows how the system works and uses it to his best advantage, including some corrupt shakedowns on the side. Kevin Spacey played the role in the 1997 feature film, which was also based on Ellroy's book.

Not a casting I would have immediately thought of but Goggins is awesome and I can see him doing a great job. Loved the film too.

For ****'s sake adapt his other books in the quartet. Redo Black Dahlia and make The Big Nowhere! That's an incredible mini series waiting to happen.

For ****'s sake adapt his other books in the quartet. Redo Black Dahlia and make The Big Nowhere! That's an incredible mini series waiting to happen.

I really liked TBD movie. Great cast.

Love the idea of Goggins in this, just a shame it's a CBS thing. Person Of Interest aside, what have they had goin' on lately in terms of anything good?

I’m getting a little tired of seeing great actors show up in TV shows that have already been good films. Feels like a waste. I feel the same way about that Hanna TV show.

Why the hell isnt American Tabloid on HBO already?

‘Sense8’ Star Brian J. Smith Takes Lead Role in ‘LA Confidential’

Brian J. Smith has been cast in the lead role of the upcoming “LA Confidential” pilot at CBS, Variety has confirmed.

Smith will play Detective Ed Exley, the role played by Guy Pearce in the 1997 film. Exley is described as cold though not without a conscience, obviously brilliant, authoritative, and fiercely ambitious. The son of former hero detective turned real estate developer, Preston Exley, he is determined to make his mark and to become a hero in his father’s eyes. Competing against the memory of his deceased brother, his father’s favorite, Ed will do anything to prove himself. He wants nothing more than to make detective and is single-minded in his pursuit.

Smith joins previously announced cast member Walton Goggins, who will play Detective Jack Vincennes.

‘Sense8’ Star Brian J. Smith Takes Lead Role in ‘LA Confidential’

Brian J. Smith has been cast in the lead role of the upcoming “LA Confidential” pilot at CBS, Variety has confirmed.

Smith will play Detective Ed Exley, the role played by Guy Pearce in the 1997 film. Exley is described as cold though not without a conscience, obviously brilliant, authoritative, and fiercely ambitious. The son of former hero detective turned real estate developer, Preston Exley, he is determined to make his mark and to become a hero in his father’s eyes. Competing against the memory of his deceased brother, his father’s favorite, Ed will do anything to prove himself. He wants nothing more than to make detective and is single-minded in his pursuit.

Smith joins previously announced cast member Walton Goggins, who will play Detective Jack Vincennes.

:atp:

Honestly, a period crime drama is probably the only thing CBS could do to at this point to even get me to give them a shot anymore...

It's gonna be glossy, even toned, pleasant and very inoffensive for the good folks who come home from a long day's work, eat dinner then have to go to bed and get up to do the same thing the next day.

I really can't wait to hear what cliched song that's going to be included in the marketing for this.

I love Goggins, but CBS is too wimpy to do this justice. This would be better on FX or AMC.

Premium would be best given the content.

I love Goggins, but CBS is too wimpy to do this justice. This would be better on FX or AMC.

Right?

If Jon Bernthal wasn't busy with the Punisher. I would have loved him to be cast as Russel Crowes' character Bud White. Which he pretty much was in the short lived TNT show Mob City.

Yeah I like both of these actors a lot, but I don’t see this being very good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"