The CW's Roswell

i cant believe they used The Originals as the title instead of Farscape or something, but yay for Claudia Black :up:

I think I'm still too attached to the original for this to work for me. It takes me back to a certain time and age so I have a massive soft spot for it (even with the poor special effects and cheesy storylines and yes, even the awful Season 3)

I think I'm still too attached to the original for this to work for me. It takes me back to a certain time and age so I have a massive soft spot for it (even with the poor special effects and cheesy storylines and yes, even the awful Season 3)

ill tune in eventually just to see what it's like but i really enjoyed the original. Crashdown Cafe was the first site i ever visited of any sort of fandom related thing. period. it was my first experience with fanfictions, fanbases, etc so it holds a soft spot in my heart

i had even read the book series but i can't remember if that was before or during the show

Last edited:
ill tune in eventually just to see what it's like but i really enjoyed the original. Crashdown Cafe was the first site i ever visited of any sort of fandom related thing. period. it was my first experience with fanfictions, fanbases, etc so it holds a soft spot in my heart

i had even read the book series but i can't remember if that was before or during the show
YES! Me too re: Crashdown Cafe!

I haven't read the books as can't seem to get them in the UK (even from Amazon) but would have loved to have seen what happened in regards to Liz's powers (and I assume Kyle's)

i still have them in the attic. i do remember they were pretty different from the show and if memory serves (god its been like 15+ years since i read these) that it focused more on the Nasedo type stuff and he was more "evil" in the books.
now i want to read them

Carina has "left" (ie: allgedly fired) from her showrunner status on the show and wont be returning for S3.

I started watching this yesterday (so only on S1) even though I was resistant as the original has a special place in my heart (I have the DVD boxset which I binge watch once a year)

I am actually liking it. I don't think anyone can do better than the original Maria DeLuca but I prefer Max in the new series. Jason Behr did nothing for me and his Max was a bit of a wet blanket. This one has a bit more grit.

Enjoying the Rosa murder mystery that's unfolding. Hopefully a series that doesn't get cancelled before it's time!

I started watching this yesterday (so only on S1) even though I was resistant as the original has a special place in my heart (I have the DVD boxset which I binge watch once a year)

I am actually liking it. I don't think anyone can do better than the original Maria DeLuca but I prefer Max in the new series. Jason Behr did nothing for me and his Max was a bit of a wet blanket. This one has a bit more grit.

Enjoying the Rosa murder mystery that's unfolding. Hopefully a series that doesn't get cancelled before it's time!

I still haven't watched it yet. How is the new Shiri Appleby or Katherine Hiegl? Liz and Isabelle I think their names were. I can't remember what the other male character's name was played by Brendan Fehr, but he hasn't done much since that series. He was a regular lab tech in CSI Miami for a while but then was dismissed (the character) but then showed up in another CSI series as a different suspect.

I still haven't watched it yet. How is the new Shiri Appleby or Katherine Hiegl? Liz and Isabelle I think their names were. I can't remember what the other male character's name was played by Brendan Fehr, but he hasn't done much since that series. He was a regular lab tech in CSI Miami for a while but then was dismissed (the character) but then showed up in another CSI series as a different suspect.
I think I prefer the original Liz but I have a soft spot for Shiri. The new one is okay but she's currently reminding me of when original Liz went a bit off the rails when Alex died and became unlikable.

Isobel is annoying in both incarnations so at least that's consistent lol. I feel she is probably the least removed from the original version of the character. I can see her being the more grown up version of Heigl's Isobel.

Michael has a completely different take in the new series. He's still got the rebel/bad boy thing going on but he's so different from Brendan Fehr's version. I LOVED the Michael and Maria relationship from the original so this new take is going to take some getting to used to (I won't spoil but you'll see what I mean)

I think I prefer the original Liz but I have a soft spot for Shiri. The new one is okay but she's currently reminding me of when original Liz went a bit off the rails when Alex died and became unlikable.

Isobel is annoying in both incarnations so at least that's consistent lol. I feel she is probably the least removed from the original version of the character. I can see her being the more grown up version of Heigl's Isobel.

Michael has a completely different take in the new series. He's still got the rebel/bad boy thing going on but he's so different from Brendan Fehr's version. I LOVED the Michael and Maria relationship from the original so this new take is going to take some getting to used to (I won't spoil but you'll see what I mean)

Does it still have that song "Here with me" by Dido? That artist's name has sometimes unfortunately auto-corrected with an "l" in the middle.

Italia Ricci reminds me of Shiri Appleby, but she's too old for this role now.

Does it still have that song "Here with me" by Dido? That artist's name has sometimes unfortunately auto-corrected with an "l" in the middle.

Italia Ricci reminds me of Shiri Appleby, but she's too old for this role now.
LOL pretty sure it defaults to the most used word ;-)

No it doesn't have the song... I guess they don't want too much associated with the original although I'm glad they kept the Crashdown Cafe waitress uniforms.

Actually I haven't seen any opening titles... maybe they cut them in the UK for time.

i haven't seen this yet, but while unboxing some stuff the other day, i found the books that the original show was based on.

Roswell has a special place in my heart because it was the first fandom i ever really explored online. i remember logging into CrashdownCafe every day smh. and i remember the tobasco campaign. it might've been the first time i ever read a fanfiction too. lawd that's embarassing

i haven't seen this yet, but while unboxing some stuff the other day, i found the books that the original show was based on.

Roswell has a special place in my heart because it was the first fandom i ever really explored online. i remember logging into CrashdownCafe every day smh. and i remember the tobasco campaign. it might've been the first time i ever read a fanfiction too. lawd that's embarassing
OMG I remember CrashdownCafe!

Definitely give it a try... its different enough from the original series whilst also paying homage to it and the books. It really hooked me in and I binge watched two seasons in three days.

I feel like this show is way to rushed and Liz/Max as a couple feels forced.

I feel like this show is way to rushed and Liz/Max as a couple feels forced.
I love the couple and think they have chemistry but think they shouldn't have got together until halfway through Season 2 at least. It did seem to happen really quickly.

I love the couple and think they have chemistry but think they shouldn't have got together until halfway through Season 2 at least. It did seem to happen really quickly.

In the 90s series they got together fairly early on if I recall correctly. In the first season, and early in that too. There was that other girl from Lost too who was his betrothed. Emilie De Ravin I believe.

Brendan Fehr reminds me of someone I don't like in real life. Well he didn't at the time, because I didn't know this person, but now he does.

In the 90s series they got together fairly early on if I recall correctly. In the first season, and early in that too. There was that other girl from Lost too who was his betrothed. Emilie De Ravin I believe.

Brendan Fehr reminds me of someone I don't like in real life. Well he didn't at the time, because I didn't know this person, but now he does.

They did but it felt natural. Here we spent an entire season of her hating him and trying to take him down only to be like "omg I love you, we're in a relationship"

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"