WandaVision WandaVision: Season 1, Episode 8 "Previously On" (spoilers)

I think a reverse of the three words that made Wanda Mutant Enemy #1 in the comics would be a nice touch. But Ms. Schaeffer and her team has kept the show as uncluttered as a show about a reality controlling witch could be. So far no Reed Richards, Fox Men Peter Maximoff, Mephisto or other extra dimensional demonic entity, or assorted Avengers. So I'm thinking she won't introduce mutants this late in the series.

They can have a nod to it with their own twist, just like Cap actually uttered "Hail Hydra" in Avengers: Endgame but it wasn't in the way it happened in the comics. Maybe she'll just say "No more" in her grief but it won't actually reshape reality. Or she'll say it to end the Westview illusion, ie "No more Westview" or "No more illusions" or "No more sitcoms".

Ok lol, it only just occurred to me that Hayward just plain fabricated the footage of Wanda stealing Vision’s body, which makes him much more of a mustache-twirling villain than I had him pegged for.

Lying about Vision does seem to put him into a villain role. And I kinda wish that hadn't been the case. I figured he'd be portrayed as a jerk and a bad boss from the moment he was introduced as the guy who replaced Monica's mom as the head of SWORD. And sure enough, not only is he a jerk but a corrupt one at that.

I have two problems with that. First, I find the character to be bit too clichéd and predictable for an otherwise imaginative show. Second, I'm not crazy about the way every sympathetic human character is on "Team Wanda". Hayward's aggressive attitude towards a mentally unstable former Hydra asset who has imprisoned thousands of people isn't exactly unreasonable. But because he's an a-hole and quite possibly evil, his arguments are easily dismissed by the three plucky heroes. And that is ultimately less interesting than if Monica and Hayward were both portrayed as well-intentioned characters with an understandable disagreement.

I can see “No more illusions/ magic” totally happen
Maybe in Multiverse of Madness

I can see “No more illusions/ magic” totally happen
Maybe in Multiverse of Madness

"No more magicians?" or "No more sorcerers"?

Also Agatha Harkness in the MCU as she appears at the end of the episode seems more like a cross between Morgan Le Fay and Malificent than comic Agatha.

With that appearance she looks like she can't possibly anything else other than a villain.

"No more magicians?" or "No more sorcerers"?
Well apparently there's too many of them anyway
main-qimg-97355e5da215365de3311da85cf16e97

What's the likelihood of getting a big emotional ballad from WandaVision with Wanda singing a "No More Mutants" song? Episode 7 can't have been the last of the musical episodes.

We really need a Dazzler Disney+ series. Think how successful the songs could be from there if you think about how viral "Agatha All Along" was this past week.

Also, with that song filtering into the public consciousness, has that elevated Agatha Harkness as a Marvel character and made her more iconic than she originally was in the comics? Will Marvel try to push her in more films or TV shows as a kind of Malificent Disney villain character?

Was I the only one that got the implication that Wanda had her powers before she interacted with the Mind Stone and that it only amplified what already existed? Has to be a clear lead into mutants...

While very possible, it's worth raising the alternative point. In the current retconned continuity, Wanda has natural magical abilities from her ancestors and the High Evolutionary enhanced those natural abilities. So everything is consistent with the current comics continuity without the need for mutants. But I agree it's set up in case they want to make them mutants.

I somehow cant believe that bringing Evan Peters in was simply done just to meta troll us fans. “Fietro” couldve been played by any actor, they brought him in for a reason.

He serves a couple purposes. One, they didn't want to use ATJ because the point is he's definitely still dead. Given this, Evan Peters is the only one the audience would accept as anything other than a fake Pietro. Second, it gives them plausible deniability when they bring back other actors from Fox or Sony movies (such as Jamie Fox). They can "no, we're just re-using the actor." Third, it just got everyone talking.

I have to be honest, I don't really know much about Vision and his backstory outside of the movies.

Can someone explain what White Vision is all about?

The government dismantled Vision because they didn't trust him. Hank Pym re-built him, but he lost all his memories. The Avengers were able to reconstruct his memories based on video files, but he no longer had any emotional connection to the events or really emotions at all.

So ugh... Just one thought: How the heck was Hayward able to monitor Vision inside the hex if that isn’t actually Vision? :huh:

He's not an illusion. She reconstructed reality to make a real Vibranium Vision (that can only exist inside the Hex). Since Vibranium has a unique radioactive decay, they were able to track Vision.

Any thoughts on the theory that Wanda's attraction and love for Vision is actually her attraction and connection to the mind stone? The mind stone appeared to reach out to her on its own during her Hydra testing and gave her that revelation of being the Scarlet Witch and after re-creating Vision she also in essence recreated the mind stone and it's the mind stone that she couldn't feel or sense after trying to connect with Vision's remains at Sword hq.

You know I never thought of it like that. Diamonds really are a girl’s best friend.
A224BEC9-888A-4E97-A009-F6F1604B040B.gif

I have the feeling the next episode title is TO BE CONTINUED with Wanda and Vision holding hands in front of the window at the last shot looking through something to come.

That’s a good idea. I was hoping for “We’ll Be Back After These Messages”.

The feels sis. The feels.

Me and my girl were watching last night and when I saw that end credits thing and was like "awww ****, white vision." She was like, does that mean something? Lol, I enjoy having someone to explain obscure marvel lore to.

So Wanda can create matter? Even vibranium?

Hayward was tracking Hex Vision by his decaying vibranium signature. If Vision is just a pure creation on Wanda's part, why is he "decaying?"

Doesn't the WandaVision theme sound like it could've been used for Spider-Man instead? It sounds a bit similar to Elfman's Spider-Man theme in some ways.

I also noticed this when Wanda had that vision of Scarlet Witch when the mind stone was used on her at the Hydra base and you could hear the WandaVision theme playing in the background.

I have the feeling the next episode title is TO BE CONTINUED with Wanda and Vision holding hands in front of the window at the last shot looking through something to come.

or „Please stand by“...like they‘re always showing us, after an episodd ends

We really need a Dazzler Disney+ series. Think how successful the songs could be from there if you think about how viral "Agatha All Along" was this past week.
I agree that creating actual music for a Dazzler album would work great. Character based fictional artists/bands aren't new of course, the Archies at least did it in the late '60s already, but they have been repopularized with things like K/DA lately. Even Marvel has had a small test with their character Luna Snow, mostly in South-Korea. I think bringing Dazzler and/or Luna Snow into the MCU at some point would be a great way to expand the MCU into a different medium.

Also, with that song filtering into the public consciousness, has that elevated Agatha Harkness as a Marvel character and made her more iconic than she originally was in the comics? Will Marvel try to push her in more films or TV shows as a kind of Malificent Disney villain character?
It's certainly memorable. Whenever Agatha shows up in the future I think they'd be missing a huge opportunity if they didn't include the melody/motif of "Agatha All Along" in the scene.

Rewatched it again and I don’t think Agatha is as evil as she seems. She actually shed a tear during the scene where Wanda and Vision connect at the Avengers compound. She seems to want to understand Wanda’s power but we don’t know what she wants to necessarily do with it. I’m not saying she’s good but I don’t think she’s necessarily evil.
Agatha is quite a fascinating character.

She murdered her coven and took their powers but was that what she planned all along, or did she do it as a defence mechanism given they were trying to murder her?

Her behaviour during Wanda's trip down memory lane was strange as well as you say with shedding a tear and all. It's hard to know her motive. Maybe she's trying to provoke Wanda into attacking her so she can drain her, but it's a dangerous game given Wanda is unpredictable. It almost feels like she's provoking her for somebody else's gain.

Maybe Marvel will end up making an Agatha Harkness movie or TV series similar to Malificent. They could show her backstory in more detail. I can't see them not wanting to capitalise on the character's popularity at the moment.

Also I wonder if in the comics she will be redrawn to look more like Kathryn Hahn now and old Agatha will become a thing of the past.

Maybe Marvel will end up making an Agatha Harkness movie or TV series similar to Malificent. They could show her backstory in more detail. I can't see them not wanting to capitalise on the character's popularity at the moment.

Also I wonder if in the comics she will be redrawn to look more like Kathryn Hahn now and old Agatha will become a thing of the past.
I’d definitely be there for that. :up:

Kathryn Hahn has been an unexpected gem on this show. As you mention, they should capitalise on that.

I’d definitely be there for that. :up:

Kathryn Hahn has been an unexpected gem on this show. As you mention, they should capitalise on that.

They should call the series/ movie "Agatha All Along" since that's the phrase that has caught the public's imagination. Everyone would know immediately what it is. If they called it "Agatha", someone might think it was about Agatha Christie, and "Agatha Harkness" as a title sounds bland.

Maybe Marvel could even have a "Wicked" style musical about Agatha Harkness.

Any thoughts on the theory that Wanda's attraction and love for Vision is actually her attraction and connection to the mind stone? The mind stone appeared to reach out to her on its own during her Hydra testing and gave her that revelation of being the Scarlet Witch and after re-creating Vision she also in essence recreated the mind stone and it's the mind stone that she couldn't feel or sense after trying to connect with Vision's remains at Sword hq.

i think the conversation at avengers HQ shows that they fell in love with each other through conversation and interactions, not the mind stone.

i think with one episode left, the path of least resistance applies.

the battles are lined up:
wanda vs. agatha. magic battle
vision vs. white vision. science battle
photon vs. fietro. sidekick battle
jimmy & darcy vs. hayward. human battle

i'm not sure there's some big cameo or character introduced. i think they will resolve westview and it will propel the story into the multiverse storyline at the end.

I would prefer they gave her a cape and something simpler than a costume with all these pieces which looks reminiscent of Daredevil's red costume in his series. Would prefer it brighter red too. She's not the Burgundy Witch.

While it remains to be seen if any Avengers show up in the finale, the only ones who really know Wanda well enough to reach out to her would be Clint, Sam and Rhodey. Thor is off-world with the Guardians and Bruce wasn’t really a Wanda fan after what happened in AOU.
Life failed Wanda.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"