WandaVision WandaVision: Season 1, Episode 8 "Previously On" (spoilers)

Also a reminder for next week. We still haven't seen who...
Isaiah Knott
is playing.
He said 'no' to Hulking rumors before and that he was "just a neighbor", but AFAIK he hasn't popped up or been credited anywhere so far.

Last edited:
They could have chosen anyone to play this Pietro. They chose Evan Peters. IF it has nothing to do with the Fox Universe, then it's intentional misdirection of the part of Marvel. I suspect that there's more there though.

The casting of Peters and the Nexus commercial make me think this is at least the beginnings of some sort of crossover potential. Honestly.... he could be the key here in the final episode.

Great emotional episode. Good flashback scenes. I was hoping to see one Avenger cameo though, or maybe even the original Pietro for a scene or two.

I mean if the woman can’t fathom how Wanda is pulling off citywide complex illusions, then I doubt she has enough magical powers to rip someone from one universe into another.
She's essentially a thief - she steals the other witch's powers in the beginning and steals her mother's powers as well (including her necklace) so it's well within reason to say she could want to know how Wanda made all of this happen so she could steal her powers. Agatha did say she put a possession spell on Fietro in this episode, so the theory could still pan out. Again, this is a multiverse saga, so why would that be such a reach.

There are still a lot of questions this series has raised that have been left unanswered, with one last episode to go I'm not sure they'll be able to answer them. Nevertheless, give Olsen all the awards already, she's been an absolute powerhouse in this series.

So if Wanda is capable of creating matter out of thin air, like Agatha said, does that mean that Westview Vision and the twins are tangible and not figments of her imagination?

So if Wanda is capable of creating matter out of thin air, like Agatha said, does that mean that Westview Vision and the twins are tangible and not figments of her imagination?
Well she created Vision out of thin air and he isn't able to leave Westview. So I guess the fact that they won't be able to is why we'll end up with bigger problems next week.

image.jpg

THE SCARLET WITCH:wowe:

image.jpg

THE SCARLET WITCH:wowe:

Can’t wait to see Wanda rocking this outfit in the finale!!!

Bet she be rocking one of those cool energy construct headdresses like Agatha’s mother in the opener (anyone got a screenshot of that headdress btw so I could have a closer inspection)

Awesome episode, although it's interesting that a lot of stuff that was "leaked" turned out not to be true or at least not yet.

Gah, Wanda has been dumped on at every turn in her life. I thought the reveal of the family watching American sitcoms worked well. We'd all speculated that's where it came from but to actually show DVD whilst the toaster bomb was beeping was something. I bet he's tickled to be canon in the MCU now, there will be a big uptick in people watching that episode. Or I will as it's not Amazon Prime. As well as Brian Cranston!

The scenes of her in run down WestView as she thinks about Vision's plan for a peaceful life there were incredibly well done and heart breaking and then she apparently just snaps and her power explodes out of her in her pain and grief.

I definitely think there's more to Agatha than just a nosy bystander who wanted extra power but we'll see. Likewise with Fietro, I don't really mind if he's nothing but a construct but I think there may be a bit more than that. And Vision since we know he also had autonomous thoughts and feelings and his creation light was yellow not red.

Hayward I didn't think you could get any more dickish but you managed it.

I hadn't heard about Isaiah Knott being in it. I guess we'll see.

It would've been nice to see the real Quicksilver, Strücker and/or List in the Hydra flashback. But oh well...

They could have chosen anyone to play this Pietro. They chose Evan Peters. IF it has nothing to do with the Fox Universe, then it's intentional misdirection of the part of Marvel. I suspect that there's more there though.

The casting of Peters and the Nexus commercial make me think this is at least the beginnings of some sort of crossover potential. Honestly.... he could be the key here in the final episode.
Well it works either way. Even if there's no multiverse stuff it makes a lot of sense to cast Evan Peters. Clearly he doesn't look like ATJ, but Wanda still buys in because she wants to believe it's her brother. If they cast any other actor we as the audience would've all immediately been like "That's clearly not Quicksilver and Wanda is stupid for even believing he could be", but with Peters so many people buy in just as much as Wanda herself because they want to believe it's really some version of Quicksilver. It's a type of meta-storytelling to get the audience to feel similar to Wanda in that moment. A bit confused but wanting to believe they're seeing a Quicksilver they like.

This episode served a unique purpose in showcasing the trauma of Wanda’s life that basically gives birth to The Scarlet Witch. It also implies that as a child Wanda used her chaos magic to prevent the missile from killing her and Pietro.

the mind gem of the infinity stone just allowed her to unlock her minds full potential that was inside her all .

Pietro’s death nugged her, Vision death pushed her over the edge. She unleashed her full power into creating a fake reality based off the various tv sitcoms she watched most of her life.

Agatha seems to want to drain her of her power for some reason.

So Hayward rebuilt Vision or is it Ultron?

Thank goodness Evan Peters Fietro is just a magical fake.

Puts those Foxverse Crossover rumors to bed.
After this episode I’m not sure. It can go either way, but seeing as Wanda created Vision out of thin air with the sheer magnitude of her reality-bending power it’s certainly possible she accidentally created that version of Pietro out of thin air but that doesn’t make sense because if she really made this Pietro out of thin air like she did Vision then how come he doesn’t look like ATJ? It can’t be Agatha who created him because Agatha admits that she’s not literally creating Pietro as she had to cast some sort of possession spell on him. Perhaps she is using a random dude as this Pietro that she’s controlling but...how is Agatha giving him super speed then?

I don’t think anything in this episode really disproves the theory that this Pietro is the same dude from the Fox-Verse just ripped away from his native universe thanks to Wanda’s powers. The Nexus commercial from the previous episode kind of hints at this. That being said, we’ll definitely know for certain next week who that Pietro really is.

Last edited:
I have to be honest, I don't really know much about Vision and his backstory outside of the movies.

Can someone explain what White Vision is all about?

I think Evan Peters not being the Foxverse Pietro is too much of a meta tease tbh. I want the mcu to have their own mutants played other actors, but including Evan as Quicksilver seemed like both a fun way to lead into Multiverse of Madness and a fond farewell to the Foxverse.

It's cool to finally see white vision, but it's a bit busy which doesn't sit well with no other colours to offset the design. It would look better if it were smoother and had less features.

Like others have I said it really felt as though Agatha was about to say mutant. Which sort of doubles back to the Evan Peters cameo issue and in a way the pacing of the show, because I think often the teasing/pay off ratio is a bit weighted towards teasing and not enough pay off.

Last edited:
An exposition heavy episode as expected to set up the finale. But I enjoyed them revisiting the past. They are retconning them to be mutants I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"