Warrior Nun

Really liked this show! It started a little 'clunky' bit it smoothed itself out. Alba Baptista gives Ava a fun and quirky twist. The other nuns were great too, though I don't think a nun's habit is supposed to look that sexy...:smgs:
I didn't have a problem with her relationship with JC. In fact I hope they don't abandon it as I feel that would cheapen what they did with them so far. Though even if they don't I don't think they are making her a lesbian. Wouldn't mind it though...:cwink:
Some great fight scenes and demon hunting costumes too.

Can't quite fathom why that character was cutting down Demons though if he's supposed to be the leader of them? I guess that's more to be explained in their second season.

Ava does call him a thief (as well as a demon), so I think he stole the halo and then hid it within the first warrior nun. the same way the doctor hit it in Ava's corpse.

My two disappointments...

Not enough demon-hunting, too much human politics, and the end of the episode coming right in the middle of the main confrontation.
I like it better when there is a solid resolution at the end of the season.

Last edited:
Can't quite fathom why that character was cutting down Demons though if he's supposed to be the leader of them? I guess that's more to be explained in their second season.

They make it pretty clear that Adriel stole the halo. The Tanrack was chasing him. And continued to chase the Halo. I don't necessarily believe the Tanracks are demons, but guard dogs trying to retrieve the stolen halo. And there are various ways to go with that set up with christian mythology. My personal theory, Adriel is a fallen angel who stole a halo in order to get back into heaven. But we will see how it plays out. It would also probably explain why Lillith wasn't killed.

I haven’t watched it yet, but are there nuns with nunchucks?!

I think there was one scene with nunchucks.

Started this last night and I’m at the 4th episode now. While I’m enjoying it, I’m REALLY bored with the scenes with JC and his friends. That’s what Buffy got really right. I’m always enjoying her scenes with her friends. While, in this show, I couldn’t wait for the scenes to be over and for us to go back to the mythology and the nuns.

The lead actress is quite good. Her face is very expressive and I’m enjoying the monologues more than I thought I would. Also, the actress playing Beatrice is so pretty!

ETA: I’m on ep 5 and looks like Ava has reached her peak stupid insufferable selfish self. I get it.. almost ever heroine goes through this but it’s still frustrating.

ETA: Welp... Start of ep 7 and Ava is still a dumbass.

Last edited:
The middle episodes were very rough, but its worth getting through if you can make it to the end. I'm also glad that I'm not the only one who really didn't give a crap about that guy and his group of criminal friends who weren't the least bit likable or interesting IMO. I was ready for that stuff to be over with as soon as possible and thankfully they are gone for a good remainder of the show.

Shows like Buffy are definitely the best examples of getting those kinds of characters right and I wish this show was more like that, because you can kind of tell that's its trying to be, but maybe we will get more of that in Season 2, because I did want more focus on the supernatural elements.

So I finally finished it and I enjoyed it a lot. But yeah, it totally needed some condensing. They could’ve chopped off at least 2 episodes worth of content. Most of the middle parts (except 6 which I liked!), which dragged, was where Ava was the most frustrating too so it’s not like those episodes did anyone any favors. I anticipated most of the turns of the characters but I was sad that
Father Vincent was one of the bad guys and serving Adriel. He was giving me so much Giles vibes! Especially when his past and tattoos were revealed! :(
I think those thinking that the series is just a religion propaganda shouldn’t worry.

The big twist was great and opens up a lot of theories. My favorite theory is that
Adriel didn’t come from Heaven or Hell but rather a parallel dimension (which nicely ties in to Jillian’s plot). He basically just went with the flow of what the crusaders wanted to believe.
And yeah those demons don’t seem to be
”bad guys” after all but rather just guardians of the halo.

Very bold of them to end S1 like that. Are they even confirmed for a second season? I perused Tumblr and they’re loving this show. I think you guys can guess why... Avatrice! :funny:

Alba’s face is interesting. During the first half, I definitely see the Ellen Page + someone else comparisons (Emilia Clarke is a good one). But during the second half, she looks more Alicia Vikander + Jennifer Lawrence (her voice too!) with a dash of Jessica Alba. Regardless, she’s very pretty!

So far I watched the 1st 2 episodes, it's good so far,however don't care for the inner monologue (the actress also reminds me of a young Piper Perabo)

Just finished it today I really enjoyed it. The cast are great and I didn't see the twist coming personally with
Father Vincent
and was quite shocked.

The ending certainly opened up many possibilities
I wonder if Adriel is in fact the devil himself or something else, and the halo may well be science based after all
. The cast were great and the main actress really likeable, as others have said she really looks like Ellen Paige but like the poster above I also found a bit of Alicia Vikander in her also.

Really hope we get a 2nd season

I didn’t think this looked too good from the trailer but I ended surprisingly and thoroughly enjoying it. The writing is pretty clunky at times but the characters are likeable for the most part, the mythology is fun and I found the show itself to be kinda charming. It was easy to predict most of the twists though
especially Father Vincent. I was a little suspicious of him before but then they read the diary and it said “I shouldn’t have told him” and they all thought it was about the cardinal, I knew it was going to be about Vincent :funny:. The whole time they were in the tunnels, I was anxious because I kept thinking that any minute now he’s going to turn around and start shooting the nuns.
The only one I didn’t see coming was
Lilith not being possessed or an actual demon but that’s only because of the twist at the end. I thought she would turn against the nuns but I’m glad she didn’t. Means Lorena Andrea will be sticking around :hrt:.
The big twist was great and opens up a lot of theories. My favorite theory is that
Adriel didn’t come from Heaven or Hell but rather a parallel dimension (which nicely ties in to Jillian’s plot). He basically just went with the flow of what the crusaders wanted to believe.
That’s my theory too. Jillian seems to think there’s only one other dimension based on her research which is like heaven and I think she might be right. That explains Adriel and Tarask but I’m not sure what that means for the wraiths.

I did like how when Ava was getting her history lesson from Father Vincent they showed Adriel being this angelic being who gives his halo to Areala(?) and then when she sees the actual flashback, he’s just running around with it in his hands. I think that’s further proof that he’s not an angel. And he just put it in Areala to hide the energy signature from the Tarask. Seemed like Areala understood the deception too but she used the church/believers to her advantage as well and then locked away Adriel when she got the chance.
Very bold of them to end S1 like that. Are they even confirmed for a second season?
Very, very bold :funny:. Hope there’s some news soon.

I didn’t think this looked too good from the trailer but I ended surprisingly and thoroughly enjoying it. The writing is pretty clunky at times but the characters are likeable for the most part, the mythology is fun and I found the show itself to be kinda charming. It was easy to predict most of the twists though
especially Father Vincent. I was a little suspicious of him before but then they read the diary and it said “I shouldn’t have told him” and they all thought it was about the cardinal, I knew it was going to be about Vincent :funny:. The whole time they were in the tunnels, I was anxious because I kept thinking that any minute now he’s going to turn around and start shooting the nuns.

I got this so right and yet so wrong. :funny: I knew that
it can't be the cardinal as it was too obvious. But I thought the "him" was the priest in the village that Mary and Ava visited. The one that was possessed before. He said that Shannon talked to him a couple of weeks ago and I thought maybe he was possessed again or the demon never really left him and he betrayed Shanon in some way.

I did like how when Ava was getting her history lesson from Father Vincent they showed Adriel being this angelic being who gives his halo to Areala(?) and then when she sees the actual flashback, he’s just running around with it in his hands. I think that’s further proof that he’s not an angel. And he just put it in Areala to hide the energy signature from the Tarask. Seemed like Areala understood the deception too but she used the church/believers to her advantage as well and then locked away Adriel when she got the chance.

Yeah, the differences between the same event was a very nice touch. And I liked how Ava saw the true origins of the
Divinium

I got this so right and yet so wrong. :funny: I knew that
it can't be the cardinal as it was too obvious. But I thought the "him" was the priest in the village that Mary and Ava visited. The one that was possessed before. He said that Shannon talked to him a couple of weeks ago and I thought maybe he was possessed again or the demon never really left him and he betrayed Shanon in some way.
For some reason as soon as they mentioned a mole, my mind went straight to Vincent :funny:. I never even thought about that other guy. I mean the nice priest who Mary seems to trust even though Shannon told her not to trust anyone? Yeah he can’t be trusted :hehe:

I also laughed when the lady who owned the tech company referred to them as "petite members of the clergy" LOL. oh and that solo fight of that one nun vs the security guards and she took them out with that collapsible bo staff bad ass!

77YOvS5B_o.gif

Last edited:
I finished it the other night and compared to Cursed, which I am still working through, it was definitely more entertaining. Not that Curse is boring but the wit and action in this are better. Although I agree, Ava was the biggest dumbass in this season. At least she's finally come around by the last third.

And that finale... annoying but given the ratings and positive critical reception, it is likely going to get a second season once they can actually film it.

Would be very disappointing if this was another Netflix one and done show.

Very nice, i had hoped we get a second season.

And just to assure everyone that this hasn't been subject to a renewal to cancel situation, they have been filming for about a month.

Nice! I thought the story and plot in the first season was a little rushed and uneven at times, and could have been spread over two seasons instead, but I still had a good time and am looking forward to S2.

And now, the long wait till release.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"