Washington and Scott Reunite on Pelham

I wouldn't be surprised if someone like Jodie Foster or Diane Lane took the female role which would be cool with me, I bought the original the other day, just waiting for it to be delivered, I'll weigh in with more once ive seen it as i don't want to spoil it so i haven't read the plot i posted.

I loved the original movie.....I like Denzel and Travolta.....but not too fond of Tony's directorial style......I'll have to think about this one.

I loved the original movie.....I like Denzel and Travolta.....but not too fond of Tony's directorial style......I'll have to think about this one.

Personally i love Scott's style, my concern is Travolta, I am a fan, and he can be awesome as a bad guy, but if not kept in check he can veer into campness IMO.

Personally i love Scott's style, my concern is Travolta, I am a fan, and he can be awesome as a bad guy, but if not kept in check he can veer into campness IMO.
I feel he moves the camera around too much.....it actually gives my wife headaches. He tries to be too artsy fartsy.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=43271

Gandolfini Boards Scott's Pelham
Source: Variety
March 24, 2008

James Gandolfini will play the mayor of New York City in Columbia Pictures remake The Taking of Pelham One, Two, Three, directed by Tony Scott and starring Denzel Washington and John Travolta.

Gandolfini will play a politican under incredible pressure to end a crisis when a packed subway car is ransomed by a criminal (Travolta) and his gang.

Awesome addition! :up:

Love Gandolfini. Another wonderful addittion. :cwink:

Sounds interesting. I don't like the director though, he directs his movies like a music video.

Sounds interesting. I don't like the director though, he directs his movies like a music video.

He's only done that recently. His older movies are much better. 'Top Gun', 'Beverly Hills Cop 2', 'The Last Boy Scout', 'Crimson Tide' and, especially 'True Romance' are so much better, imo. If he goes back to that it should be cool.

I like that he's not point and shoot, of his newer movies he went a bit overboard with Domino but Man on Fire and Deja Vu were excellent, in fact Man on Fire is easily his best movie IMO.

Set pics.

op1zrc.jpg

zlxaw0.jpg

j8fabk.jpg

rm7jon.jpg

A bit of a different look for Washington. Can't wait for someone to spot Travolta running around.

Tony Scott has been bombing lately. I despised DeJa Vu. But this is a remake of a good movie so it should be better. I agree Carmine, there's no point in remaking great movies. The only movies that should be remade are the ones that are outdated or ones that had potential and fell short.

Oh cmon... how often do you see a dude chasing another dude in a car from the past... its was so silly and pretty cliche at times but the concept was cool. Afterall, its just a movie... and while I ain't a HUGE Tony Scott fan... I think he still has gas left in the tank.

Denzel starting to baloon a bit... I hope his character is supposed to be fat... I don't remember the original.

Travolta's look for Taking Pelham 123:
8920_9177122980.jpg

I thought they were done filming, but this is cool nonetheless. :up:

I found a bunch of other shots of Gandolfini but I have to register for the site..
real-1.jpg

f8db3ccd.jpg

fd76430d.jpg

TravoltaXP2_468x854.jpg

img210874_t.jpg

post_image-80507c2_travolta_j_b_gr_.jpg

Travolta looks great in this role. :up:

Travolta looks great in this role. :up:

He's clearly playing the role as a totally different character than Shaw played in the original, which is a smart since that was such a great performance.

It's completely redundant to remake such a very, very good film, but it's good that they don't try to make the exact same movie, the more things they change the better. I have to admit, I am curious to see a trailer for this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"