Watch the "Wanted" 1st Theatrical Trailer and discuss

Discussion in 'Misc. Comics Films' started by GNR, Oct 30, 2007.

1. GNR

GNR Registered

2. Symbiotica

Symbiotica Registered

"Our purpose is to maintain stability.... kill one, save a thousand."

Yeah.... that sounds like the Fraternity, all right.

NOT!!

I get no sense that these are paranormals, in any sense. FAIL

3. deathshead2

deathshead2 Registered

Well that doesn't even look like a comic book movie.

4. Dark Donnie

Dark Donnie Kenny Powers is Back!

Looks pretty damn cool

5. GNR

GNR Registered

Yea,it's been known that the superhero/powers angle was dropped since the get go.

6. xwolverine2

xwolverine2 Arkham Assassin

wooooaaah!!!!!

this movie has moved to the top of my list...lol

7. Octoberist

Octoberist point blank

I read a synosis on Wanted a while back. I never read the book but I know what it's about.

The trailer comes off as very different, premise-wise. I don't know about this one.

8. MaskedManJRK

MaskedManJRK Registered

If they used a different name then "Wanted," then I would be stoked for it. While the initial plot of it is the same, a guy pounded into conformity finds he is something more and becomes it, the change from supervillians to "assassins" and making it more good vs. evil does take away from the book itself.

9. Hunter Rider

Hunter Rider Ronin

Saveable versions. These files may need to be renamed from "makeplaylist.dll" to "anything-you-like.mov" before they can be played.

Right Click save as

10. IKnowSomeJudo

IKnowSomeJudo Registered

Never read the comic, but that trailer was incredibly lame and generic. Not interested.

11. Anti-Moderator

Anti-Moderator The Worst Kind

I'm officially done with this garbage. There is no way, being a fan of the book WANTED, that I can accept this film. If I had known nothing about the production of this movie and saw this trailer without the title at the end, I would never have even known it was in any way related to WANTED. Not only that...but it really does look like a lame Matrix ripoff.

I refuse to even support it enough to bash it in these forums. Hope you guys enjoy the movie.

12. d_haven

d_haven Guest

hm..I understand why they might want to leave some of the subject matter out of the movie that was in the book...but still. This is not "wanted" the movie based on the graphic novel, this is "wanted" a movie with the same title and some of the same character names but a completely different story that is basically more hollywood drivel and a simple payday for everyone involved. I'll not be watching this.

13. Hunter Rider

Hunter Rider Ronin

Looks like a cool action flick.

14. terry78

terry78 BUY MY BOOK!!!!

That a positive or a negative?

15. Gotham

Gotham Registered

Angelina Jolie very much ruined the trailer for me. I don't know why, but she is very miscast.

16. ang_hulk

ang_hulk Registered

17. GNR

GNR Registered

For the first time,in terms of comic book movies,I didn't really know what to expect,since I have always shyed away from the book.For once I can look at a comic adaption with fresh eyes.

I'm a huge Millar fan,but have always heard that this was not his finest work from close friends who read comics.Plus,I'm on a student budget so I'm picky with comic purchases.

Either way guys,comic book/superhero movies are going to own the better part of 2008,2009 and maybe 2010.Last count,I think there are around 8 to 12 superhero/comic features.Good time to be a geek.

18. Tempest19

Tempest19 Registered

Felt like litterally puking. Still feel sick to my stomach. They call THIS 'Wanted'???? WTF?! This is going to be worse than both Catwoman and Elektra combined!

19. Capt. Jack

Capt. Jack Registered

well that sucked!

well, not in every way but it looked absolutally nothing like the book not in one way.

i was affraid they would skip out on the superhero/supervillian angle but never did i imagine so much

**** this movie because the book is amazing and it was one of those books begging to be filmed but this is just dumb

what a dissapointment!

20. namen87

namen87 Guest

The official theatrical trailer to "Wanted" has been uploaded to YouTube by a film site and embedded here!

21. Apollo

Apollo Registered

wow this movie seems like its going to be better then i thought it was going to be!

i liked it

22. Johnichi Chiba

Johnichi Chiba Registered

Wow, way to go Universal. You take an original and incredibly unrelenting and irreverent graphic novel and turn it into a generic action movie.

23. Symbiotica

Symbiotica Registered

Then the entire purpose of the project is gutted. Rhetorical question here... Besides the supervillain angle, what sets what we're seeing here apart from 10,000 generic action flicks? I see nothing memorable here.

It depends. If you're into supervillains, this "birth of a super-criminal" tale is not to be missed. If you thoroughly identify with heroes, you might enjoy it less. "Wanted" is definitely not for everyone - for one thing, the artist does not stint on the depictions of gore. People's heads are blown in half almost every other page.

The premise of the film is already flawed. When Fox and Wesley first meet [which is in a Subway-type sandwich shop] she does NOT rescue him from an attacker. LOL! Hardly. On a whim, she guns down every single person in the place, then whisks him off to meet Seltzer and then almost puts a bullet in Wesley's head herself. There's no kindness there. She does not care about him, he's Seltzer's project. [And in a way... hers.] it's strictly business.

Anyhoo, I'm going to have to agree with Anti-Moderator here and say that this is so extremely awful, I don't think I'll be following it further. You who want to see this, enjoy. Me, I don't want my super-criminals watered down, thanks but no thanks. Ugh.

24. DSET

DSET Registered

seems like a C level movie...

if he flips off his boss like he didnt in the comic
    it just might be worth seeing:hyper:

25. L0ngsh0t

L0ngsh0t Registered

Wow doesn't look terribly faithful at all but it looks like a damn fine action flick