WB answers in a chat DC-related projects on DVD

Binker

Superhero
Reaction score
Source: http://www.thedigitalbits.com/articles/060606htfchat.html

Here are the DCAU (or DC related) only quotes from the chat in quotes:

[MichaelSliger] Thanks for coming tonight. I was wondering if you could give a clarification about the upcoming Justice League Season 2 set. Many reports have claimed that these episodes will be presented in a letterboxed widescreen format, not in anamorpic widescreen. Since the separate "Starcrossed" release (containing episodes from this season) was encoded anamorphically, why was the entire season release not prepared this way?
[WARNER] The director requested the 4x3 letterbox for Justice League season 2. We have revisted this issue and will be releasing Justice League Unlimited Season 1 in 16x9

[CoreyScapito] First off I would like to say thank you so much for releasing your top notch DC Animated boxsets. I was wondering when/if Static Shock & The Zeta Project would be released to DVD in Season boxsets form?
[WARNER] No plans at this time DONE

SamRizzo] Hi Warner I'am a big fan of the live action Superboy series, thank you Warner for Season One that is coming out June 20th will there be Seasons 2,3,& 4 released either this year or some time soon?
[WARNER] we'd love to release the rest, we'll have to evaluate after the first season is released.

[ZachDemeter] Is there any chance we'll see widescreen releases of the TEEN TITANS and THE BATMAN series on DVD? The show is animated in widescreen, but is released on fullscreen DVDs (probably due to the KIDS label). Also, any plans to release a new MASK OF THE PHANTASM DVD with new special features/commentary and audio/video transfer? And one last question--FREAKAZOID? Any plans? Thank you!
[WARNER] Teen Titans and The Batman - we are considering widescreen on both as well as evaluating a Freakazoid release. As mentioned earlier we are reviewing a Mask of the Phantasm Special Edition. Thanks for your support!

[PaulMiller] As a fan of 80s cartoons, is there any chance of The Smurfs, Pac Man, or the Plastic Man Comedy Adventure Hour coming to DVD anytime soon?
[WARNER] We are working on the Smurfs and hope to release it in 2007. We'll look into Pac Man and Plastic Man. Thanks for the suggestions

[ChadZ] With the newer DC Comics cartoons almost all released, are there any plans to release the old DC Filmation cartoons, the Ruby Spears Superman version from the 80s, or the All New Superfriends Hour?
[WARNER] We're evaluating all of these for 2007.

[PaulWalcher] My interest is primarily in animation titles (thanks, by the way, for the recent X-men: Evolution and Batman Beyond releases). I was wondering about the chances for further releases for X-men Evolution and Batman Beyond as well as a release for The Zeta Project?
[WARNER] we are considering future season set releases of X-Men Evolution. you can look for Batman Beyond Season 2 later this year. no plan for the Zeta project at this time.
[Jeffrey_Gray] A big hello to all those at Warner. 2006 is proving to be the "year of Superman." Will we be seeing a release of the 17 Superman cartoons produced by Max Fleischer and Famous Studios during the 40s? I know they're in the public domain, but plenty of people would like to see an official, restored release.
[WARNER] all 17 Fleischer cartoons have been remastered and will be released later this year in the Ultimate Superman Collection.

[Tory] Will you release The Kid Super Power Hour with Shazam (animated), the live action Shazam! as well as the animated Gilligan's Island & Planet and the live action Gilligan reunion films? Are there plans to release the animated spinoff of the Dukes of Hazzard, The Dukes & live action spinoff Enos? Will we see more Growing Pains seasons & their reunion films and spinoff Just the 10 of Us?
[WARNER] no plans on Shazam animated or live action at this time. Both have mastering issues. No plans on Gilligans or Dukes animated but we will consider it.

[DanielCollins] Thanks for considering about bringing the DC Filmation toons to DVD, I remember them as part of the Super Powers Video Collection. My question is which version of the SUPERFRIENDS will be used for Vol. 3?
[WARNER] you can look for Superfriends the legendary super powers show and the super powers team galactic guardians coming up in 2007.

[MattHazuda] On Batman Beyond's second season: will it be a full 26 episode release, or split into volumes? Also, do you have any plans for Cartoon Network season sets from shows like Billy and Mandy, Ed, Edd and Eddy, etc?
[WARNER] Batman Beyond will be the full season 2 and we are evaluating season set releases for Cartooon Network shows.

[WARNER] We're having the world premiere of the new TEEN TITANS Original Animated Movie TEEN TITANS: TROUBLE IN TOKYO at Comic Con next month. It will be on Sat. night 7/22 at 7pm. We will also be hosting panels for Animaniacs, Pinky and the Brain (Thurs 7/20), the aforementioned Adventures of Brisco County, Jr. and some Superman surprises...

WARNER] and...SMALLVILLE: SEASON 5...also in September...Sept. 12th

[WARNER] Smallville - some great special features on this one, lots of deleted scenes and an inside look at the 100th episode.

I hope they put out that Phantasm Special Edition, that'd be the greatest. :up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"