DVD/Box Set Discussion

The technical issue he's on about is apparent during the HD re-broadcasts on HDNet and Sci Fi UK.

Basically, the real, live-action footage itself is all in HD, but all the VFXs are upscaled SD. It looks fine after the initial weirdness - the effects look copy-and-pasted - but I guess Warner Bros. know fans will complain, so are trying to sort it out. Probably requires going back and re-doing some of the effects or something, not sure.

ah man i do hope they can fix any technical issues with the early seasons for future bluray releases. Also on dvd/box set notes, nice to hear about more of the commentary stuff, the writers/callum blue for kandor, erica and some one else for idol, man i also hope we get a commentary for absolute justice.

Erica Durance (Lois Lane) will be providing commentary on the ‘Smallville: The Complete Ninth Season DVD’, for the episode ‘Idol’.

Also providing commentary for the DVD will be Callum Blue (Zod) and Smallville writers/producers Al Septien and Turi Meyer for the episode, “Kandor”.

SOURCE: KryptonSite

Erica Durance (Lois Lane) will be providing commentary on the ‘Smallville: The Complete Ninth Season DVD’, for the episode ‘Idol’.

Also providing commentary for the DVD will be Callum Blue (Zod) and Smallville writers/producers Al Septien and Turi Meyer for the episode, “Kandor”.

SOURCE: KryptonSite

i cant wait to see what else is going to be on this season sets.

I expect a announcement for S9 around May/June.

yea i hope it comes out early like season 8 set did in aug.

I think I might just hold off on Smallville DVDs and wait until the complete series comes out on blu-ray next year.

They go by the order of the opening credits. But yeah, I don't like her either.

why not they always put the casts on the dvd discs, i dont see whats wrong about that. Overall looks good.

Awesome!

Why not? :(

I would say Lois should be on disc 2 but just because it's Lois, no Chloe hating here. What about the Blu Ray version is it just gonna be the cover art work on ever disc again? I know it's gonna have two fewer disc but come on give Lois and Clark there own disc and Chloie/Ollie and Tess/ Zod on ther other two.

I would say Lois should be on disc 2 but just because it's Lois, no Chloe hating here. What about the Blu Ray version is it just gonna be the cover art work on ever disc again? I know it's gonna have two fewer disc but come on give Lois and Clark there own disc and Chloie/Ollie and Tess/ Zod on ther other two.

Ah, I agree with that!

Honestly, I can moderately tolerate the Chloe hatred when it applies to the actual show, but if we're getting around to complaining about who is on which DVD, I'm going to have to start handing out a few swift STFUs. I mean, what does it matter really? Shoot, I could be complaining about all the years Lana got the second DVD, when Lex was clearly more deserving. :o

yea i dont see really the issue with allison being on disc two. All the main cast of the season had a disc to themselves so whats wrong. Sure erica should have been second disc. But i dont see the problem with all the cast getting their own.

well the extras has been the same for the past few yrs, deleted scenes for like 5 or so episodes, at least 2-3 commentaries, and then one or two featurettes on what ever new dc thing is on for the season.

Yeah, the last time there were bloopers was like in S4.

actually season 3 if i recall correctly. But yea i wish they kept bloopers. We alway hear tom/ and when michael was on they were big pratical jokers of the cast.

I love watching the season 2 episodes with the commentaries from TW and MR because they were so hilarious. I wish they had more commentaries like those as opposed to the ones we have gotten in the past 3-4 seasons.

My only real complaint about who's on what disc if that the Blu Ray set which cost more than the dvd set has the boring disc layout(well S8 anyway). As for Chloe or Lois being on disc two I could really care less. My opinion of Lois being on Disc two has as much or more to do with her importence to SM's history than the show it's self.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"