DVD/Box Set Discussion

AgentPat

Squeaky wheel
Reaction score
I checked to see if we had a general thread for DVD/home video news. Nothing. Uhkay... now we've got one. ;)

Posted at TV Shows on DVD
1/26/2005
Adventures of Superman - Official WB word about when we'll see the classic show hit DVD
by David Lambert

There was a story posted a week-and-a-half ago at the fansite SupermanHomepage.com, which said that they knew the release date to the long-awaited Adventures of Superman - Season 1 DVD set. There they told everyone that "...we have received confirmation that the first season DVD release for "The Adventures of Superman" starring George Reeves, will be available from June 14th. " This info accompanied some news about a U.K. release of Smallville - Season 3 (still not released there yet), but the way fans read the AoS news on the same page was that the site was referring to the USA release of that set.

We've gotten lots and lots of e-mail from fans telling us about that, and urging us to pass along the news here. But it didn't entirely match up with information we had, so we wanted to check with the studio before passing this on to our readers. Now we've managed to talk to Warner Home Video about this.

Warner tells us the "June 14th" date at SupermanHomepage.com is not accurate for Region 1. However, they agree that The Adventures of Superman starring George Reeves WILL be out in the Summer of 2005 in North America. This has been cooking for a while, after a hold-up related to restoring the elements of this older (1953) property.

From other things we've heard separately, it seems like they may also want to release the first season of Lois and Clark: The New Adventures of Superman at the same time. That would be an unbeatable combination!

The studio is getting all these things finalized in the near future, and once they do we'll be back with tons more information, so please stay tuned!

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=2802

This is excellet news
I would buy both of them. Absolutely:up:
ready to preorder right now.:D

Check 2 off my wishlist. Now if only they could release the Superboy series on DVD. That would be a good one to get as well.

after season 4 of smallville is over when do you think the DVD will come out?..

im hoping soon because i cant wait to watch lana, chloe, and lois seduce clark over and over and over again...oh and i wouldnt mind watching the flash again

vipervenom400 said:
after season 4 of smallville is over when do you think the DVD will come out?..
Probably around the same time the 3rd season was released - I'm thinking September-ish. (Region 1)

I've heard before that the animated series of Superman that just got released is really good. Is it faithful to the comics etc...?, Yeah I know it's mostly for kids but that ok cause I got em'

Yes it is VERY good. OMG, expand yourself outside of smallvile :( :( :(

JcDc said:
Yes it is VERY good. OMG, expand yourself outside of smallvile :( :( :(
You know this is the second time in a few minutes your responded sarcastically to a post of mine. You don't know anything about me other than I'm a fan of Smallville so give it up already.

Lara said:
I've heard before that the animated series of Superman that just got released is really good. Is it faithful to the comics etc...?, Yeah I know it's mostly for kids but that ok cause I got em'

I just got that set and it's really good.

I had only seen a few episodes but still wanted to get it...

In the Smallville pilot there's shot of the ship rounding the moon with the kryptonite meteors following alongside that looked very close to what the cartoon did.

OMG! Yet again, the Brothers Warner prove they're not as dumb as they look!

A release date for Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman Season 1 has been announced (6/7/05). I was already planning on purchasing it (DUH!), but wait!!! There's more!!

They're ALSO including SV's fourth season premiere ep, CRUSADE WITH the set!!!! "Look Up" indeed!
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=3129

thud.gif

Now THAT'S one helluva BONUS!!!!!! I'm sooooo psyched!!!

AgentPat said:
OMG! Yet again, the Brothers Warner prove they're not as dumb as they look!

A release date for Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman Season 1 has been announced (6/7/05). I was already planning on purchasing it (DUH!), but wait!!! There's more!!

They're ALSO including SV's fourth season premiere ep, CRUSADE WITH the set!!!! "Look Up" indeed!
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=3129

thud.gif

Now THAT'S one helluva BONUS!!!!!! I'm sooooo psyched!!!

But what's the point of owning Crusade without Gone?

It's kind of a two parter Season Premiere, isn't it?

(I wasn't planning on getting it, but this just may change my mind.)

Nice plus for you who were planning on buying that set anyway! I wasn't planning on buying them. I was never a big L&C fan. (and I'm still not ;))

I'll wait for the SV set.

Serene said:
Nice plus for you who were planning on buying that set anyway! I wasn't planning on buying them. I was never a big L&C fan. (and I'm still not ;))

I'll wait for the SV set.

I dunno, I guess it depends how much it is...

The Incredible Hulk said:
even that wouldn’t get me to buy DVD's of Lois and Clark...
Well, I never saw *all* of the episodes. It had its moments, and I loved Hatcher. Cain also had one helluva beautiful body to ogle. Sorry - just being honest. LOL

I love the marketing approach. Such a SMART thing to do putting an episode of SV on the box set. It draws fans of both shows and in some cases, introduces one fan group to a property they never saw, or would have never watched otherwise. And SV's fourth season premiere ep was the best choice since it had Clark flying and introduced Lois Lane. Genius.

This is EXACTLY the kind of cross promotion I talked about during the lead casting for Singerman. Warner Home Video knows what they're doing. Their parent company, on the other hand... :rolleyes: Instead of parlaying valuable buzz from a clearly outspoken and established fan base, they chose to keep the TV and film franchises separate, which only contributes to alienation, animosity and ultimate apathy between individual fan bases of ostensively the same character. It's just stupid, and a perfect example of how NOT to market a product. The miscalculation is further emphasized by basing a "vague" history off a 30 y.o. film, yet casting very young actors in the film's two leading roles, which at best will come off incongruous for older fans of the original pic. [shakes head] I'll never understand Warners. *sigh*

triplet said:
But what's the point of owning Crusade without Gone? It's kind of a two parter Season Premiere, isn't it?
It whets the apatite for more. SV fans will be more inclined to run out and pick up the 4th season SV DVD when it's released in the fall, and L&C fans who previously never watched SV, may now A. Tune into the show when it airs, and B. Also buy the DVD's - all of them. It's a very, very smart marketing move.

(I wasn't planning on getting it, but this just may change my mind.)
Bingo! Extrapolate this mentality to the millions of SV fans out there, not to mention what L&C fans might think after seeing Crusade, one of SV's BEST episodes. Ever. :D

The Incredible Hulk said:
even that wouldnt get me to buy DVD's of Lois and Clark...

I will, first season was ok. Last season I wasn't crazy about

I say "CHEAP" Don't produce subpar products you asses. Sorry.... didn't get to see much of Lois and Clark I'm sure it's a great show, but if you have to include episodes from a new series.....I'm thinking....sucks!!!! I hope I didn't offend anyone...if you haven't been reading, I'm inebriated ????spelling anyone? It's Saint Patty's Day for God's sake and I'm a Cherokee Indian what else do you need to know?

KikiDee said:
I say "CHEAP" Don't produce subpar products you asses. Sorry.... didn't get to see much of Lois and Clark I'm sure it's a great show, but if you have to include episodes from a new series.....I'm thinking....sucks!!!! I hope I didn't offend anyone...if you haven't been reading, I'm inebriated ????spelling anyone? It's Saint Patty's Day for God's sake and I'm a Cherokee Indian what else do you need to know?

You must be a total riot when you're drunk!

LOL!

Too funny...

triplet said:
You must be a total riot when you're drunk!

LOL!

Too funny...

I am so scary I'm not sure it's funny..... I usually end up on a table topless somewhere. Needless to say it hasn't happened in a while. Two kids..........blech!:D

:eek: wow ! this thread got a whole lot more interesting since the last time I was in here :D

KikiDee said:
I am so scary I'm not sure it's funny..... I usually end up on a table topless somewhere. Needless to say it hasn't happened in a while. Two kids..........blech!:D

You know, I've never been that drunk!

But when I was a teen my brother was very naughty and took me to a rugby party. (I was underage in a bar filled with drunk 20 something men, my dad was very unhappy about this when he found out needless to say... ;) )

So, there was this very hot and very drunk guy who decided he wanted to dance on the table but he was getting too hot so he decides to remove his jeans.

Only he was going regimental!

Yowza, I was standing right next to the table he was dancing on so I had a front row center ring side seat! :) ;)

I think my entire body went beet red!

:D

It's very funny in retrospect, however.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"