DVD/Box Set Discussion

i'm not sure if anyone knows this, but when its released in Best Buy tuesday there is cover art for it, and it says "metal packaging" i have no clue what the hell that means but i am going to pick it up regardless haha.

i'm not sure if anyone knows this, but when its released in Best Buy tuesday there is cover art for it, and it says "metal packaging" i have no clue what the hell that means but i am going to pick it up regardless haha.

i think its just gonna be a metal slip cover case.

oh ok, but it will still have the reg packaging though with clark and lois on the cover?

probably so, i might go to local best buy to check out how that looks, i dont have the cash now to buy the set.

I'm still debating whether or not I'm going to get this right away.

You know, I will probably get that. It's a big enough value add to me that it'll be worth buying it now instead of waiting for it to go down to $20 in six months.

For those who haven't seen yet Best Buy has the Blu Ray set priced at $49.99 and the dvd set priced at $34.99. Both come with the exclusive metal packaging. And seasons 1-7 are $19.99 on dvd. The season 8 packaging in the BB sales paper have the Metropilis cover not Lois and Clark. It also has the SV logo with a red S shield under the SV logo. Season 8 is gonna be my first SV Blu Ray set.

Last edited:
Yea i might hold out to xmas to get dvd set myself/ask for it as a gift. Though if i get a job in next few weeks i might decide to get it sooner.

i recently just got blu-ray and was debating to get the bluray but i'm just gonna get the DVD, and when the complete series is over, thats when i'll buy the bluray series set.

I totally hate not having alot of cash on hand to just blow on items like dvds and all that. Right now i am just trying to find a regular old job to start saving up money for some important things and all that.

I have become a blu ray snob, that is all i will buy now; however, when it comes to to tv box sets, there just so expensive, i have to wait longer to get them. i picked up season 7 on blu ray for free (basically) the other day on ebay. i bought a combo of Superman Returns and Season 7 on blu ray for $24, both in mint condition.

mine was posted yesterday. looking forward to watching episodes back to back. shows are so much more enjoyable when u don't have to wait a week until the next episode or have ad's interrupting.

I made a special trip to the closest Best Buy to me to get the exclusive packaging and they didn't have any in Blu Ray and had four or five dvd copies. I went ahead and picked up a regular copy just because I'm not a big fan of the metal slip cases after the metal slip case that came with my Terminator 2 dvd. I got my BR set for only $5 more than Wal Mart is charging for the dvd set. Best Buy is the cheapest place in my area to get the BR or dvd sets right now while they're onsale. I think BB is the only place that has the BR set in stock, my local WM and Targets don't carry many BR season sets at all. They might not have ever had any in stock.

I tried to buy the Blu-Ray in the metal case set from Best Buy, but there weren't any on the shelf. I asked the (MORON) who worked there if the Blu-Ray even came in the metal case. She shrugged her shoulders and said she wasn't there in the morning so she didn't know. :confused: :mad:

I'll try a different BestBuy tomorrow.

I tried to buy the Blu-Ray in the metal case set from Best Buy, but there weren't any on the shelf. I asked the (MORON) who worked there if the Blu-Ray even came in the metal case. She shrugged her shoulders and said she wasn't there in the morning so she didn't know. :confused: :mad:

I'll try a different BestBuy tomorrow.

That's what you get for being a slave to the Blu-Ray. :cmad::oldrazz:

that sucks for you man, when ever i go to the local best buy in my area just to look at prices or get a dvd, i havent upgraded to bluray my self yet. Dont have the money to yet. The blue ray area is always full of alot of blurays for what ever movies/etc.... is out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunStorm333
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"