World Webshooter laboratory

StanLee Wannabe

Civilian
Reaction score
Ok guys, my Spider-suit is already underway. But I'd really like some webshooters.

Here are my criteria:

1. The look can vary, but they must wrap around the wrist and have palm buttons.

2. They must shoot silly string or better alternative.

3. They must be low-profile (smaller than a regular silly-string bottle)

Notes:

* really cutting the normal silly string can that comes with spiderman web blasters now in half (vertically down the middle) would be the right size. Line up a bunch of them to go around your wrist and you've got something that looks similar to what Peter made, well sort of. Of course that wouldnt make them cartridges that could be replaced...but it's the look.

The question becomes, how do you fill up silly string into the can in an non-expanded state? Can you purchase it that way?

* then there's the trigger. The normal spider-blaster has a really big and clumsy trigger. How hard would it be to make the trigger run off a watch battery or AAA so that it was electric? Is that over-complicating the process?

Surely there's someone else that would like to theorize on this subject - so help me out! All ideas welcomed!

UPDATE:
Here's a link on how Silly String works. Unless it comes in a smaller container already, I don't think we're going to find SS liquid we can put in a custom container :(

I also got to thinking that there are basically 3 types of "webs" that Spidey spins:
1) string
2) expanded spider web
3) web balls

The expanded spider web exists already as a net gun which I've seen on ... well the net. :) As is, it's too big to be part of a costume. I wonder if there's any way to shrink that thing?

The webbing balls are the toughest I think because how do you belch out a bunch of webbing at once AND shoot it? Some kind of expansion of the spinnerette tip? Or just ramp up the amount spit out for a brief period?

At this point we're really just going for a smaller form string-type webshooter.

I always thought C02 BB gun cartridges look similar to the cartoon.

Sounds pretty challenging tho, i don't think you'll be able to pressurize them at home with all the silly string ingredients.

I don't think web balls will work either. Adjustable nozzles are possible (twist for a different size/replace with different ones in your spidey pocket).

A trigger is going to be smaller than a 'switch/battery/solenoid' mechanism.

If you can get a silly string company to fill the cartridges, just an elastic strap and a small plastic trigger would keep it pretty concealed.

http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=231466&highlight=webshooter

Here's an old thread about webshooters that's pretty interesting. If you scroll down, the guy says he has some kind of compressed air gun of some sort that shoots liquid out.

I'll post the pics:

Photo_051306_002.jpg

Photo_051306_003.jpg

Photo_051306_004.jpg

Can anyone tell what kind of parts he's talking about? I'll buy them if someone can tell me. The really odd thing is if you look at the tip of the gun, the brass nozzle looks just like the nozzle of the web shooter they made up as a possible prop for Spiderman 1!

I'd love to know how he made this.

Man, I don't know if you're going to make it look like Spidey's webshooters, because silly string comes in very big proportions. I wish you luck, and hope you can prove me wrong.

http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=231466&highlight=webshooter

Here's an old thread about webshooters that's pretty interesting. If you scroll down, the guy says he has some kind of compressed air gun of some sort that shoots liquid out.

Can anyone tell what kind of parts he's talking about? I'll buy them if someone can tell me. The really odd thing is if you look at the tip of the gun, the brass nozzle looks just like the nozzle of the web shooter they made up as a possible prop for Spiderman 1!

I'd love to know how he made this.

Haha. That was my thread/webshooter.. before I got 'banned' ?? I don't remember exactly how I made it cause my friend helped me pick out the parts.. I made the whole thing with parts from Home Depot. I was going to convert it to a webshooter but I gave up on it because there was a hole in the tank when I glued the PVC pipes together, and it would of cost about $50 and a lot of hours to replace the tank.. The tank shot water about 20 feet with the hole.. so when it was done right it should of shot a lot farther..especially with a denser fluid than water, seeing as more pressure could force it out.

I gave up on the webshooter most of all cause no one was interested in it.

Just so you know, you dont need the blow torch on the end, I had it on there for other reasons..:woot:

I wish you remembered because I've been thinking about this project lately. I've found a website where you can hire engineers (mechanical and chemical) to do things and Ive posted a project to get cannisters of silly string made.

No one has responded though :(

I've got a few other projects I'm working on...most notably the Wolverine claws. So I'll work on that while you figure out what the parts were :woot:

Hmm to b honest the most practical way is probely keeping silly string cans liek two on you back , and then just have the tubes goin up the body.arms and on the wrists lol
sounds the easiest way.

That's been discussed. The problem is the trigger. How would you hit the trigger on the cans? Also, you'd have to "prime" the tubes - meaning you'd have to press the trigger enough to fill the tubes before you used them so that the webbing wouldn't have to travel from your back through the tubes for 3 minutes and against gravity while you waited.

Don't think I'm not tempted :)

I wish you remembered because I've been thinking about this project lately. I've found a website where you can hire engineers (mechanical and chemical) to do things and Ive posted a project to get cannisters of silly string made.

No one has responded though :(

I've got a few other projects I'm working on...most notably the Wolverine claws. So I'll work on that while you figure out what the parts were :woot:

Hey, me and the friend who helped me make the original are going to get together tomorrow and see if we can't scale this down a bit and make a nice webshooter. We've got some ideas, and this time our focus will be towards making a webshooter. Right now we've got some pretty good specs that will entail: the 'shooter' being at the end of your wrist; the trigger mechanism being activated by your fingers in the 'web-shooting' pose; not as large and noticeable tank/pipes; the liquid shooting pretty far..and some other user friendly aspects:cwink:.. I'll keep you updated on what we come up with.

Had a flash of inspiration! Check this out.

So I was browsing a Halloween website and saw this:

1402005.jpg

So I thought, ok what if you mixed THAT with a tiny air compressor?
But really, how small can you get?

Just a quick google turned this up -

comp05.gif

That's a lego air compressor that some of you may have seen.
I'm working on something else at the moment, but that seems to be a combination that has some promise, don't yall think?

Had a flash of inspiration! Check this out.

So I was browsing a Halloween website and saw this:

1402005.jpg

So I thought, ok what if you mixed THAT with a tiny air compressor?
But really, how small can you get?

Just a quick google turned this up -

comp05.gif

That's a lego air compressor that some of you may have seen.
I'm working on something else at the moment, but that seems to be a combination that has some promise, don't yall think?
Very Cool! :up:

After looking at the threads you started, I found this webshooter. If you want a silly string launcher, I can help you with that pretty easy. It would cost about twenty bucks.

Things you'll need:

-4 gillette shaving cream cans. Each are two ounces.
-adhesive Velcro strips and the opposing sides.
-several cans of silly string
-drill
-spoon
-duct tape
-2" stick
-tongs
-playdoh
-hammer

The only reason those are classified under twenty bucks is that most people have most of the ingredients.

Now here is how to make the play shooters.

1.) Boil some water and use the tongs to put the EMPTY gillette cans into the water, one at a time.

2.)Use the tongs to squeeze the air out of each can for a while until no air is coming out. Continue squeezing the cans for a couple minutes afterwards.

3.)refridgerate the cans. They now have a vaccum in them.

4.)poke a small hole in the playdoh. Now take off the nozzles of each gillette can and silly string cans. There should be a little tube.

5.)In the playdoh, put the tubes of the silly string and shaving creme cans together so that the holes meet up and the playdoh keeps the seal airtight. Push the cans together until they aren't putting out.

6.) repeat step 5 for all four cans.

7.) attatch the adhesive strips to the cans. Actually use this for a guide on the velcro: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0nx4Ei1rDo. (I recommend following the spray paint tip too)

8.) Take the spoon and drill hole at the end. Then use the hammer to bend the spoon under the hole you drilled. then hammer the scoop part and duct tape the 2" stick to the spoon.

9.)finally, put the spoon's hole that you drilled onto the silly string can's tube.

After looking at the threads you started, I found this webshooter. If you want a silly string launcher, I can help you with that pretty easy. It would cost about twenty bucks.

Things you'll need:

-4 gillette shaving cream cans. Each are two ounces.
-adhesive Velcro strips and the opposing sides.
-several cans of silly string
-drill
-spoon
-duct tape
-2" stick
-tongs
-playdoh
-hammer

The only reason those are classified under twenty bucks is that most people have most of the ingredients.

Now here is how to make the play shooters.

1.) Boil some water and use the tongs to put the EMPTY gillette cans into the water, one at a time.

2.)Use the tongs to squeeze the air out of each can for a while until no air is coming out. Continue squeezing the cans for a couple minutes afterwards.

3.)refridgerate the cans. They now have a vaccum in them.

4.)poke a small hole in the playdoh. Now take off the nozzles of each gillette can and silly string cans. There should be a little tube.

5.)In the playdoh, put the tubes of the silly string and shaving creme cans together so that the holes meet up and the playdoh keeps the seal airtight. Push the cans together until they aren't putting out.

6.) repeat step 5 for all four cans.

7.) attatch the adhesive strips to the cans. Actually use this for a guide on the velcro: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0nx4Ei1rDo. (I recommend following the spray paint tip too)

8.) Take the spoon and drill hole at the end. Then use the hammer to bend the spoon under the hole you drilled. then hammer the scoop part and duct tape the 2" stick to the spoon.

9.)finally, put the spoon's hole that you drilled onto the silly string can's tube.

I’m gonna try this idea cuz I’m going as black suit Spiderman to comic con and want to be able to fire webs however would these http://www.boots.com/en/Lynx-Bullet-Instinct-4-Pack_860740/ instead of Gillette they are tiny canisters but could they work the same way?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"