Weird News of the World Thread - Part 2

Ninjas wanted: Japan recruits six secret spies

Only in Japan? Publicity ninjas seem like a contradiction.

Got what it takes to be a ninja assassin?

The Japanese prefecture of Aichi is looking for six fit young ninjas to join its team.

Opportunities for sleek, fast masters of espionage don't come along every day -- but this position offers a year-long contract and 180,000 Japanese Yen ($1,585) a month.

Unusually for this notoriously secretive band of warriors, Aichi is looking for talkative ninjas who enjoy performing on stage.

The recruitment campaign is in fact part of a tourism push for the 2020 Tokyo Olympics.

Local governor Shigeaki Omura has appeared online in full ninja costume as part of the bid.

We haven't heard if the hiring process involves mortal combat or just looking really, really good in black.

But Aichi prefecture wants to hear from anyone aged between 18 and 30 and available to start training this April.
CNN

10 foot long snake skin found in Maine, discovered to be that of an anaconda...
Snakeskin-e1471740135803.jpg

https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2...gs-anaconda/qf9d3p1L6SZFNt3qS7tI2L/story.html

Last edited:
Someone's pet python outgrew its owners and/or enclosure and they released it to the wild I am guessing.

There really needs to be a more strict liscensing requirement for certain types of pets, "exotic" or not.

There's no need for anyone to be able to own exotic pets, period.

There's rarely a need to own any pet. Doesn't mean people shouldn't be allowed to. If someone wants to own an exotic pet that's their business. As long as he owner is being responsible and taking care of it it's no one else's business.

There's rarely a need to own any pet. Doesn't mean people shouldn't be allowed to. If someone wants to own an exotic pet that's their business. As long as he owner is being responsible and taking care of it it's no one else's business.

And that is exactly how we ended up with huge alligators under NYC. :o

"responsible"

"dumping alligators in the sewers."

Deej, I say this as a friend concerned for your health - get out of that apartment.

"responsible"

"dumping alligators in the sewers."

Deej, I say this as a friend concerned for your health - get out of that apartment.

I live in a house, good sir. I also spent very little time here in this house this weekend. I just find old wives tales funny is all.

Of course that is the problem. So many of them are not responsible or competent owners.

Wild animals are not pets. Only domesticated animals should be kept as pets.

Italy's Supreme Court has ruled that public *********ion is not a crime after reviewing a case involving a 69-year-old man who had been caught in the act on a University campus.

The Independent reported this week on a case that was heard in the highest court in Italy, La Corte di Cassazione.

They had been referred a case in which a man took out his penis before 'practising auto-eroticism' in front of University of Catania staudents.

Italian court declares public *********ion is not a crime

Wild animals are not pets. Only domesticated animals should be kept as pets.

You said exotic not wild. Animals bred and kept and sold by humans aren't wild animals. Not many owners in the U.S. go the jungle and catch their snake. They get the pet from pet stores or breeders.

If it's a question of danger, constrictor snakes have only killed 17 people in the U.S since 1978. Dogs have killed an avergae of 31 people per year.

The most recent USA survey of dog bites conducted by CDC researchers concluded that in 2001, 2002 and 2003 there were 4.5 million American dog bite victims per year (1.5% of the entire population). Sacks JJ, Kresnow M. Dog bites: still a problem? Injury Prevention 2008 Oct;14(5):296-301.

885,000 bites per year -- almost one out of every 5 -- are serious enough to require medical attention. (Centers for Disease Control, Dog Bites, accessed May 10, 2014.)

Dog bites send nearly 368,000 victims to hospital emergency departments per year (1,008 per day). Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Nonfatal Dog Bite–Related Injuries Treated in Hospital Emergency Departments — United States, 2001, MMWR 2003;52:605-610.

In 2012, more than 27,000 people underwent reconstructive surgery as a result of being bitten by dogs. (Centers for Disease Control, Dog Bites, accessed May 10, 2014, quoting from American Society of Plastic Surgeons. 2012 Plastic Surgery Statistics Report [online]. 2012. [cited 2013 Oct 24]. Available from URL: http://www.plasticsurgery.org/Docum...cs/full-plastic-surgery-statistics-report.pdf.)

16,476 dog bites to persons aged 16 years or greater were work related in 2001. (Ibid., Nonfatal Dog Bite–Related Injuries Treated in Hospital Emergency Departments — United States, 2001, MMWR 2003;52:608.

5,900 letter carriers were bitten in 2012. (US Postal Service.) Los Angeles is the worst city in the USA for mail carrier dog bites. (Read the article.)

http://www.dogsbite.org/dog-bite-statistics-study-dog-attacks-and-maimings-merritt-clifton.php

I draw the line at owning endangered animals, and large animals that need lots of room (giraffes, dolphins, sharks, hippos), but snakes, tarantulas, lizards, birds, squirrels, skunks, foxes, bunnies, turtles, frogs, ferrets etc I'm fine with as long as the animal is being properly taken care of.

Man hit by fast moving double decker bus, gets up and walks into a bar.
[YT]/sTNlwBzgZQ8[/YT]
[YT]/b2i4C1bG-8w[/YT]

After that I think I would want a drink too.

I've had that **** on my skin. That was awful enough. Swallowing it...*shivers*

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"