RIP Celebrity Thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just watched Tombstone last night. :(

And they said the Deadwood movie script was just finished.

F***.

RIP, Mr. Boothe.

Are we sure it's real? I've been tricked before. Neither Variety nor CNN have it up on their sites yet.

I was just watching him on Shield reruns lastnight :(

Maybe not... If this is reliable...

News of actor Powers Boothe’s death spread quickly earlier this week causing concern among fans across the world. However the May 2017 report has now been confirmed as a complete hoax and just the latest in a string of fake celebrity death reports. Thankfully, the actor best known for his roles in Deadwood or Joan of Arc is alive and well.

Powers Boothe Death Hoax Dismissed Since Actor Is ‘Alive And Well’

On Sunday (May 14) the actor's reps officially confirmed that Powers Boothe is not dead. “He joins the long list of celebrities who have been victimized by this hoax. He's still alive and well, stop believing what you see on the Internet,” they said.

http://en.mediamass.net/people/powers-boothe/deathhoax.html

Last edited:
This just gets stupid. :( Somone is going to die for real and then no one shows up at the funeral.

.....and EW just posted his death on my FB feed so now it has to be true, right? They are legitimate...

It just popped up on Variety's page now as well. :( Sounds true now to me.

Now Variety are saying it is true...

Powers Boothe, a character actor on the small and big screen, died Sunday in Los Angeles. He was 68.

Boothe died in his sleep Sunday morning of natural causes, his rep tells Variety.

http://variety.com/2017/film/news/powers-boothe-dead-at-68-sin-city-agents-of-shield-1202426655/

Edit: The Variety article does carry this supposed tweet from Beau Bridges...

“It’s with great sadness that I mourn the passing of my friend Powers Boothe. A dear friend, great actor, devoted father & husband.”

:csad:

Last edited:
First saw him in the HBO Phillip Marlowe series back in the 80s (was my introduction to the Marlowe character). R.I.P.

First saw him in the HBO Phillip Marlowe series back in the 80s (was my introduction to the Marlowe character). R.I.P.
I loved that show. I'd almost forgotten about it!

I was wondering why his name sounded familiar, then I realized he voiced Gorilla Grodd in the Justice League+Unlimited cartoon. He was excellent in that role.

RIP.

I was wondering why his name sounded familiar, then I realized he voiced Gorilla Grodd in the Justice League+Unlimited cartoon. He was excellent in that role.

RIP.

I rewatched some of those just a few weeks ago and I'd forgotten that.

aw damn, not Powers Boothe... he was a really great actor that knew how to project that air of menace... the last thing I saw him on was Agents of SHIELD, but I'll remember him more for Deadwood...

RIP Powers Boothe

****ing hell. Great, great actor who gave us one of best performances in the character of Sy Tolliver. Rest in Peace.

I really liked his work in Tombstone, Sin City and Agents of SHIELD. RIP Powers Boothe

I loved him in 24 and Agents Of Shield. Played that villain role with a unique style.

RIP. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back