Welcome to 2010

There's still several this year, too. Though I guess many of them don't have much mainstream appeal, though

Why do people forget MGS4 when it comes to PS3 exclusives people actually care about? :(

Metal Gear fans care about it, I don't know how much the rest of the world does. It's such a strange, convoluted and often clunky series.

Speaking of which, I ordered MGS4 and it should be arriving on Friday! :word:

I have Twin Snakes, Snake Eater, and Subsistence. I don't know why I bought 2 and 3 since I never got past the first area in Twin Snakes :confused:

Story aside, MGS4 definitely has some of the best gameplay in any game this gen (let's hope DACMAN doesn't walk into this thread). It provides a tonne of gameplay options, how to get around and kill people etc. It really should matter to people other than just us MGS fans. :(

Story aside, MGS4 definitely has some of the best gameplay in any game this gen (let's hope DACMAN doesn't walk into this thread). It provides a tonne of gameplay options, how to get around and kill people etc. It really should matter to people other than just us MGS fans. :(

It may give you a lot of options, but damn the games have always been clunky to handle. It started feeling outdated when MGS3 came out, and I've only played the demo of 4 but even with the updates it still feels clunky and complicated.

I'm still excited to get it, though. I've played every MG game since MGS1 except for AC!D 2.

I find it kind of ironic that you think MGS3 is when it started to feel outdated when that one was where they started give it a more western feel. But I get it. MGS3 came out right around the time when popular game design started to shift more towards a western design philosophy.

Other than MGS1, I care not for the series.

Uncharted 1 & 2 are the games that make me wish I had a PS3...I just can't afford one. So yea.

But that's ok, my DS, Wii, 360 combo gives me more game play than I have time for.

mgs 3 was my favorite one, even better than mgs4 and mgs 1 which are amazing.

don't know if anyone else is, but i'm really looking forward to getting naughty bear; it looks awesome.

oh yeah, also mlb the show 10 and super street fighter iv.

Heavy Rain should be a great game.

Isildur´s Heir;17903909 said:
Will this be the best year this generation?
I think so.
Will this be the best year of video games?
There is a very big probability.

There are tons of amazing games coming out in the next 12 years.
More even in the next 3 months:

January
Bayonetta - 360, PS3
Darksiders - 360, PS3
Army of Two: The 40th Day - 360, PS3, PSP
Dark Void - 360, PS3, PC
Mass Effect 2 - 360, PC
MAG - PS3
Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars - Wii
No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle - Wii

February
White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3
Star Trek Online - PC
R.U.S.E. - 360, PS3, PC
Dante´s Inferno - 360, PS3, PSP
Bioshock - 360, PS3, PC
Star Ocean The Last Hope: International - PS3
Aliens vs Predator - 360, PS3, PC
Blur - 360, PS3
Dementium 2 - DS
Resident Evil 5 Alternative Edition - 360, PS3
Singularity - 360, PS3
Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth - DS
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Conviction - 360, PC

March
Gran Turismo - PS3
Battlefield: Bad Company 2 - 360, PS3, PC
Supreme Commander 2 - 360, PC
APB - PC, 360
Just Cause 2 - 360, PS3, PC
God of War 3 - PS3

Rest of the Year
Lost Planet 2 - 360, PS3
Final Fantasy XIII - 360, PS3
Command & Conquer 4: Tiberian Twilight - PC
Metro 2033 - 360, PC
Red Steel 2 - Wii
Super Street Fighter IV - 360, PS3
Alan Wake - 360, PC (?)
Dead to Rights: Retribution - 360, PS3
Red Dead Redemption - 360, PS3
Split/Second - 360, PS3, PC
Skate 3 - PS3, 360
Price of Persia: The Forgotten Sands - 360, PS3, Wii, DS, PSP
Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker - PSP
UFC Undisputed 2010 - 360, PS3
Alpha Protocol - 360, PS3, PC
Starcraft II: Wings of Liberty - PC
Valkyria Chronicles 2 - PSP
Resonance of Fate - 360, PS3
Max Payne 3 - 360, PS3, PC
Medal of Honor - 360, PS3, PC
Brink - 360, PS3, PC
Deus Ex 3 - 360, PS3, PC
True Crime 3 - 360, PS3, PC
Splatterhouse - 360, PS3
Fable 3 - 360
Epic Mickey - Wii
Tron Evolution - 360, PS3, PC
Pirates of the Caribbean: Armada of the Damned - 360, PS3, PC
Halo: Reach - 360
Crysis 2 - 360, PS3, PC
The Witcher 2 - 360, PS3, PC
Rage - 360, PS3, PC
Gears of War 3 (?) - 360
Doom IV (?) - 360, PS3, PC

Oh yeah, and there is also 2 motion controllers coming out, Microsoft´s "Project Natal" and PS3 "Gem".

2010 is going to kick ass.
Agree?
Is DOOM not a Microsoft exclusvie anymore?

January
Bayonetta - 360, PS3
Darksiders - 360, PS3
Mass Effect 2 - 360, PC

February
Bioshock - 360, PS3, PC
Resident Evil 5 Alternative Edition - 360, PS3
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Conviction - 360, PC

Rest of the Year
Lost Planet 2 - 360, PS3
Super Street Fighter IV - 360, PS3
Starcraft II: Wings of Liberty - PC
Fable 3 - 360
Metroid: The Other M - Wii

I'm interested in these titles, but I'll probably only buy the ones in bold (for now). Having 2 kids really take away all my free time. Sigh.

Last edited:
Unless they own Apple, Linux and steam, no.
Chances are it wasn't on the Playstation due to development issues otherwise I think ID would have probably put it on every platform humanly possible.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think ID had some exclusive deal with Microsoft.

If they did I don't think they do now. Their upcoming game Rage will be coming out on the PS3

I don't think so, 360 has a lot of good exclusives this year. PS3 sold so well last year because it finally got exclusives that anyone cares about (aka Uncharted 2).

But the PS3 will also have some major exclusives as well next year with God of War III, Gran Turismo 5, Agent, The Last Guardian, and of course both Microsoft and Sony obviously have games that haven't even been announced yet.

I have Twin Snakes, Snake Eater, and Subsistence. I don't know why I bought 2 and 3 since I never got past the first area in Twin Snakes :confused:

Pfffttt....I got Twin Snakes, Sons of Liberty, Substance, Snake Eater, and Subsistence, Portable Ops, Ac!d 1 & 2, and the Digital Graphic Novel. Now that's dedication :awesome:

I had the original MGS but I regrettably traded it in when I got the Twin Snakes :csad:

Pfffttt....I got Twin Snakes, Sons of Liberty, Substance, Snake Eater, and Subsistence, Portable Ops, Ac!d 1 & 2, and the Digital Graphic Novel. Now that's dedication :awesome:

I had the original MGS but I regrettably traded it in when I got the Twin Snakes :csad:

bad move but at least twin snakes was pretty awesome.

God of War III, Dante's Inferno, BioShock 2, Final Fantasy XIII, Dead Space 2, Batman: Arkham Asylum 2, and the next COD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"