Riverdale Welcome to Riverdale: General Discussion

Well that was ****ing nuts.

I’ve said I wasn’t going to watch anymore but I decided to catch up on the episodes I missed and the finale. That ending has me hooked for next season so I guess we’ll see what happens.

I just binged the series on Netflix thanks mostly to all the cliffhangers it leaves its episodes on. It's seriously addicting and feels like fast food. I love that it takes its irony/spoofing dead serious. Like the world is ridiculous and the audience and writers knows it, but the characters don't. The show is pretty much all wink-wink-nudge-nudge without the characters breaking the fourth wall. I dig.

Hopefully fewer characters act like dumbasses next season. Season 3 made gems like Ethel and Kevin idiots in the service of various cults.

Well they wrote around Perry's death pretty well.

As a kid who grew up watching 91210 and 8 Seconds, it got me in the feels too. That being said, the episode felt nothing like Riverdale, so it was fun to return to the lunacy I had been missing all summer.

I loved tonight's episode. Classic Riverdale. All over the place with the tropes and storylines coming out of nowhere (hi Reggie), the show lying to me about Jughead's intelligence, pretty women being super pretty and Archie just suddenly playing football again. Camila Mendes can't really sing, but that did not change her little song and dance number maybe being the greatest thing I have ever seen on the CW...

Next week Betty's sister is a suicide bomber. God I love this show.

Tonight's episode might be the GOAT. The rocket, the bleeding rocket...

bild-c04570-1572644435.png.html
KJ Apa weared tights in the last Episode of riverdale. Too bad he cant act, he would be good on screen.

I've just started watching this and loving it so far. Not going to read spoilers till I've caught up but I had no idea what this show was about before.

I sat through a few reviews of this series, and I just love sharing what I hear about it with my brother cause his reactions of disgust to this chaos are hilarious.

This week's episode is instantly one of my favourite episodes. It's so beautifully stupid. Whenever I think they can't top themselves, they pull out every supporting cast member becoming an unwitting organ donor, cult leaders dressed like Evil Knievel, bear fights, anything Hiram does and now
Archie being hunted by ex-marines and Hiram absolutely faking ALS just to **** with his daughter.

This week's episode might have been the best so far. The only part that as weak, was the ending, which kind of fell flat.

I just binged the series on Netflix thanks mostly to all the cliffhangers it leaves its episodes on. It's seriously addicting and feels like fast food. I love that it takes its irony/spoofing dead serious. Like the world is ridiculous and the audience and writers knows it, but the characters don't. The show is pretty much all wink-wink-nudge-nudge without the characters breaking the fourth wall. I dig.

Hopefully fewer characters act like dumbasses next season. Season 3 made gems like Ethel and Kevin idiots in the service of various cults.
Yeah, that’s exactly how I see it. So addictive haha.

he looks like the type

They're doing Hedwig on here now. This whole show is just an excuse to be like, **** it.

In an episode where Camila Mendes, Vanessa Morgan, Lili Reinhart, and Madelaine Petsch continuously reminded me why I watch this show, my biggest reaction was to Betty and Archie finally fulfilling the promises of the first episode, including going back to the first scene of the show. Yeah, I am unabashedly in love with this ridiculous show.How could I not? They are obsessed with doing musicals, when no one can sing, especially between the boys. :funny:

Overall this episode was super reference heavy to past seasons, which I thought was kind of neat. There was no point to using the musical they did, but they just wanted to do it. So good for them. The ending "fake" Bug murder was legitimately creepy. Oh, and I love that Hiram is clearly faking an illness, and everyone is too dumb to realize how obvious it is and the real twist would be if he is sick. :hehe:

This season has been fantastic, and I sad it is going to get cut short. Hoping they are able to finish what they started here when the world permits it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"