Riverdale Welcome to Riverdale: General Discussion

Last nights episode was it for me, I'm giving up on this season. I'll read reviews or recaps and see if it improves, but I just can't stomach the mess it's become. I thought it didn't get any worse than Archie's bear attack episode, but then last night happened and the horrible attempt at a noir episode that sent me into a boredom coma. When conditions improve, I'll be back. Until then, God I'll miss you Lili Reinhart!

Of course. It's got a cult following .

Been catching up on the last 5 episodes. This show has become so ****ing stupid and damn near unwatchable.

I don't watch this series anymore but just saw that Luke Perry had a "massive stroke." Hope he comes out of it okay.

Yeah I heard about that. Eerily similar to Jesse Martin from Flash and his illness issue. Two father figure characters.

The wife and I are done with this now. To be honest I was done last season and the wife lasted until now. Seems this show does not know what it wants to be and flip flops on too much. Honestly I cant stand how they are trying to make it like the 1950s or whatever.. a speakeasy.. really? Run by a high schooler. sure.

Guess they decided to let us forget about floating babies and such as well.

This week's episode wasn't good, but I am loving the season so far. This show is so dumb, it's hilarious. And they seem to understand that now, unlike the first season. Veronica is the worst person in town. Her "better" plan is a for profit prison. Oh, and she's Hispanic. The evilest plan she could have come up with. :lmao:

Last edited:
Keeping my fingers cross that Luke Perry survives his health scare.
Way too young to suffer a stroke.
:eek:

Keeping my fingers cross that Luke Perry survives his health scare.
Way too young to suffer a stroke.
:eek:
Yup really hope Luke survives. Cool dude all the way back to the original 90210

Outlandish plots and crazy happenings

Dawson's Creek meets Twin Peaks

I love it!

Another bad Musical Episode, my eyes are bleeding.
I really dont know, what I expect from that Show anymore..

Another bad Musical Episode, my eyes are bleeding.
I really dont know, what I expect from that Show anymore..
What do you expect from the show exactly? It plays as one giant parody and that is the "joke". Do you expect it not to be?

I watched seasons 1 and 2 on Netflix recently. This show is just strange. Just strange. But I got addicted, LOL! Cannot wait until season 3 drops on Netflix.

I dropped this somewhere around that episode where Betty Cooper single-handly released a bunch of kids from that Orphanage place dressed like the Gargoyle King.

I also saw a snipped of one of the recent episodes -- they do some type of Zack Snyder Watchmen fight scene with Archie, Sweet Pea, etc. doing all sorts of feats. So ridiculous.

I kinda loved the first season, but it's just gone terrible. The writing is ABYSMAL.

This is the only CW (or for that matter WB TV station before it ceased operation in 2006) show I've seen that I recall since I watched the first season on Netflix last year.

Overall, it seemed promising at first but just got too annoying after a while with the SJW like behavior of everyone on the show. Jughead at first a nice counterpoint quickly became too much by seasons end where I just couldn't stand having him around anymore. Overall, the show has some stuff going for it with the visuals and some of the acting but just way too annoying at times. It somehow kept me watching though so perhaps I'll check out Sabrina and see it that's an improvement.

Visually the show is one of the better looking on TV, production value wise. The writing tho.

I've stopped about halfway into S3, I haven't read much what others are thinking but it feels like the show has gone completely off the rails. For me the writing has just been really weird this season and I don't feel that interested in the G&G plot and it got to a point where I had no excitement to see the next one.

Don't want to bash it in case others really enjoyed the season but yeah it just felt weird.

My problem is that almost every episode feels like the same ****. Seriously. I can barely tell episodes apart anymore.

Season 1 worked because it was only 13 episodes. They need to go back to that. Because they clearly don't have enough material to fill 22.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"